'No indicators' revisited

pippie said:
Can you tell me how to view your charts?
Thank you

hi pippie,

just click on the thumbnail image and it should open in a new window - then there's a zoom button bottom right.

jon

This Bid A-Tool chap may only have been a few weeks off the mark in his prediction!

Rather shakey trend line on the FTSE after the last few days of hideousness, similar story for the Russell 2000 & dow, global inflation fears etc.

Will certainly be an interesting couple of weeks to see how it unfolds, pivotal time.

Still, if this fellow was correct - can the mods put me in touch with him? He can be my 'no indicators' method of trading. :D

Yo Skimbleshanks (and others):

Do you ever use Japanese candlesticks over the Western bar charts?

d-

des44 said:
Yo Skimbleshanks (and others):

Do you ever use Japanese candlesticks over the Western bar charts?

d-

des44

If you look at the posting dates you will see that this thread is not in current use. Unfortunately Skimbleshanks ceased posting some while ago. If I remember correctly she preferred bar charts over candles as she felt that the candle 'body' took the eye away from the high and low.

Regards

bracke

bracke said:
des44

If you look at the posting dates you will see that this thread is not in current use. Unfortunately Skimbleshanks ceased posting some while ago. If I remember correctly she preferred bar charts over candles as she felt that the candle 'body' took the eye away from the high and low.

Regards

bracke
No, not exactly. That was not Skim's reason.

The ability to spot what is going on inside the bar is the important bit.

SOCRATES said:
No, not exactly. That was not Skim's reason.

The ability to spot what is going on inside the bar is the important bit.

In that case is it not easier to spot what is going on inside the bar with a candle as it highlights the inside area?

Regards

bracke

bracke said:
In that case is it not easier to spot what is going on inside the bar with a candle as it highlights the inside area?

Regards

bracke
No you need to use a Tilley Lamp, but the bar has to be really fat for this to work.

SOCRATES said:
No you need to use a Tilley Lamp, but the bar has to be really fat for this to work.

Thank you for shedding a little light on the subject.

Regards

bracke

LOL. I hadn't realised it had been attempted before.

Timsk, scratch that suggestion. Back to the drawing board.

{Hearty laughter echoing down the dark, dank corridor of time...}

...or...maybe not...?

Last edited:
I started reading from the back, and it was looking a bit like a Rogues' Gallery of usual suspects :)

Starting from the front it was more interesting, e.g. this one from Newtron Bomb:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/price-volume/7751-no-indicators-revisited-3.html#post66496

However, it seemed to run out of steam about 5 years ago.

I wonder how relevant most of it is now...?

p.s. What do you make of that Elliot Wave stuff?

e.g. in http://www.trade2win.com/boards/price-volume/7751-no-indicators-revisited-4.html#post66539

After the first 5 waves up, how many waves down is that? er, more than 3 I think, and it ends up below the low of the first wave up. And hang on, we've just had two groups of 5 waves ..

What happened to "At the top/bottom of a trend there is either two groups of 3 waves or two groups of 5 waves"

So shouldn't have that have been the end of the trend then? Why is it carrying on?

And then "Some days the Elliott Waves are clear and easy to see, other
days they're not. Always keep it simple and easy - if you cannot
see them easily then they are not really there. "

Well that's ok. When they work, it was Elliot Waves. When they don't, what are you trying to tell me? They are not really there!.

"Post hoc ergo propter hoc".

Last edited:
Fordy, I hope that this is the sort of thing you were after when we spoke in the chatroom.

No comments on the daily action required. All the TA speaks for itself fairly loudly. You just need to be able to cut out the noise and do the TA as it occurs. Support, resistance and basic TA patterns all work very well for me. You dont need indicators to tell you what price already tells you. Would the chart below be any clearer with MACD, RSI, EMAs or any other indicators? I think not.

Edit : 5min YM 18/12/03 attached

I'm really new to this, so I really don't see that chart as showing much besides trends. I have no clue how you could have an idea of when those trends will break based on this chart alone.

Hey guys, has anyone of you tried using volume spikes as entry/exit signal alone? Like for example, buy if volume spikes by 7x of the daily average volume on the low side and vice versa?