'No indicators' revisited

SOCRATES said:
I will make sure that everyone I want to see it will see it, except you.
I may even decide to do it in a private forum to which you will not have access.

Very sensible ...........................

Is this really necessary? I feel like I've just about had it with the way this thread (and forum) has degenerated as of late. It's a relentless war of attrition and unproductiveness, post after post of bickering and nonsense, which I myself and, I suspect, many other aspiring traders do not need or want.

If there is one realisation I've had it is that forums such as these are not a place to learn how to trade, I'm sad to say.

harryp said:
Well well ................. how convenient !

So we 'll just have to take your word for it then. Will all those in the worldwide audience please accept my apologies for denying everyone the opportunity to see socrates reveal the future.

{ btw ............. there's no need to get personal ................... I thought we were getting on rather well tonight }
None of this is personal, I assure you. It is merely an axiom. An axiom is a fundamental truth.

Fordy, Harryp is a serial pest. All of his posts except one, have been directed at me, and I am not giviing in.
I am not.

socrates

I'm determined to show the worldwide audience that the claims you are making are false.

Obviously you and your disciples do'nt like it but it has to be done .......... sorry !

Harryp
Below find definition of the word disciple.
Are we to receive any instruction or learning from you or is it all to be punishment?

"Dis`ci´ple
n.1.One who receives instruction from another; a scholar; a learner; especially, a follower who has learned to believe in the truth of the doctrine of his teacher; an adherent in doctrine; as, the disciples of Plato; the disciples of our Saviour. The disciples the twelve selected companions of Jesus; - also called the apostles.Disciples of Christ See Christian, n., 3, and Campbellite.v. t.1.To teach; to train. [imp. & p. p. Discipled ; p. pr. & vb. n. Discipling.]
That better were in virtues discipled. - Spenser.

2.To punish; to discipline.3.To make disciples of; to convert to doctrines or principles. Sending missionaries to disciple all nations."

Last edited:
I noticed that too SOCRATES, but is he worth rising to the bait and dignifying it with a response? This nonsense has been going on for about two weeks, I believe, and every single detraction and useless post is lost time, time that must be accounted for at a later date!

For those filled with enthusiasm and who are prepared to work day and night for an amibitious goal these episodes of drama become most tiring and disheartening.

To see a new reply to a thread only to find out it had been a complete waste of time to read, and then go through the process more than once has worn me down and I bet I'm not the only one..

HarryP- I don't suppose you could drop it and post something constructive could you? Those that believe, will and those that don't, won't , no matter how hard anyone huffs and puffs. Life is too short....

ChartMan said:
HarryP- I don't suppose you could drop it and post something constructive could you? Those that believe, will and those that don't, won't , no matter how hard anyone huffs and puffs. Life is too short....

OK lets put it to bed

The posts that where of most concern to me were 1139 1140 1141. The visual info will be available for the weekend to examine for all who wish to at:

http://www.dailyfx.com/FinanceChart.html

Are there any takers for the chart i posted? am waiting for input. (reposted after tonights mileage)

regards
dt

Attachments

• errrrr.JPG
    errrrr.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 1,122
  • USDCHF.JPG
    USDCHF.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 281
ford said:
Is this really necessary? I feel like I've just about had it with the way this thread (and forum) has degenerated as of late. It's a relentless war of attrition and unproductiveness, post after post of bickering and nonsense, which I myself and, I suspect, many other aspiring traders do not need or want.
Fordie, this silliness has only really started up again today. Since 'the split' there have been a number of really well discussed topics; chart price & volume action, forays into LII and spoofing by the BIG boys. All good and interesting stuff IMO.

Socrates will always rise the ire of some for all sort of reasons. The main thing for those of us who do want to continue to contribute and learn from 'No Inds' is to keep things going in the direction we want. I'm interested in how Socco made that first call yesterday on the USD/CHF ahead of time. I'd like to do that too! I'm also interested in all the other stuff that's posted on-topic here.

For instance, DarkTones chart yesterday (historical USD/CHY which started off this new stream of discussion) hasn't really been addressed. Apart from Socrates who felt there was weakness in in and a propensity for it to hit the previous low.

These boards are ours and it's up to the majority to determine what they post on them and what they get out of them.

ford said:
If there is one realisation I've had it is that forums such as these are not a place to learn how to trade, I'm sad to say.
This is your thread, so I'm disappointed you feel you haven't got that much out of it. Personally, it's been a blinding revelation on trading - and human psychology!

darktone

Not sure exactly what your question was!! But to get the debate you want started I would say that if I'd been long I'd have been fairly comfortable with the reaction after the high since it stopped in the area I would have expected, but then I would have been looking for the following rally to make a new high - it didn't and I'd have closed when it dropped below the reaction low.

I'd have then thought about a short when it dropped below the low of the long up-bar that made the high - around 2600 to be sure.

hrmmm.

OK, perhaps I am not so impressed after all. If you analyse the calls from the pic provided by DT you will see that soccie predicted a fall, which happened but which really was a pretty safe call. He got the bottom 22pts wrong which underestimated the actual drop by 50%. Not such a good call
since the previous drop was about 50 pts and the final drop was also 50 pts or thereabouts, we have a reasonable likelhihood it would have been about 2230 not 2250 imho.

The other thing he predicted was a bounce and simply called the numbers as the chart went back up, as if he had predicted the numbers.

So in fact all he really predicted was a drop and a bounce, the rest was calling numbers in retrospect, and even the 2250 was claimed as a hit when in fact the chart dropped right through it.

His careful use of non-round numbers in all but the first 2 estimates (the first 2250 was 50% wrong and the second 2230 was a 'pass-through') also suggests a precision which isnt in fact there...

Oh dear, call me a cynic but analysing it, it does seem more about showmanship than prognostication?

If he can do it again without the pass-through calls and without the 50% error in drop I would indeed be impressed and I agree that what we have here does *appear* impressive... at first glance

MT

darktone said:
The posts that where of most concern to me were 1139 1140 1141. The visual info will be available for the weekend to examine for all who wish to at:

http://www.dailyfx.com/FinanceChart.html

Are there any takers for the chart i posted? am waiting for input. (reposted after tonights mileage)

regards
dt

Bramble,

It may have only started up again today but it's cumulative effect is to drive away those who are willing to help and share.

What good is a forum of people looking for direction when the only other posters are also looking for direction or intent on pointing blinding lights in the eyes of others demanding answers, explainations and tangible proofs?

No ones awareness is heightened, instead it's corrupted and tainted!

I have learnt valuable lessons from this thread, but for reasons contrary to the intention of the thread. Needless to say I'm glad these unintentional pieces of advice found their way to me because I doubt I would have found out or realised had I not been told. I know what I must do...