'No indicators' revisited

No need to change it at all, Mr White. It is black and white, showing us that you're neither on the dark side, or in the light, so you must be a resident of the twilight zone. And the red nose tells us that your first name is Rudolf!

I would not be so rude as to suggest that all those ticks are giving you something to scratch. :cheesy:

I don't often mention Ganns Square of 9 but there was a 180 (res) at the 1117^4 area...it just added more weight to the trade biasing at that area :cool:

Low 1051.5 sq-root =32.43 + 1 for the 180' =33.43
33.43 x 33.43 = 1117.56

I've put bars up for a change (I'm a candle man )...ES04H 60mins again :D

CJ

Attachments

• asicme-es04h- 60 minutesq9 crop.jpg
    asicme-es04h- 60 minutesq9 crop.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 771
Last edited:
LOL skim - no my forename is not rudolf - its just my santa apparently arrived not from the pole but from a brewery rather so u can imagine what he had 4 me in his bag :) the worst thing tho was that the lad stayed in my house until after new yr! :)

Skim...

Do you use any other target projections based on number ratio's :?: I know you use the standard "measured moved" & 50% support..just seeing if you use any more to help fine tune entry/exit?

CJ

Nothing else a320 - just measured moves, 50%, horizontal support, 5-wave Elliotts, bar patterns, and volume. The best of these is bar patterns and their relationships to one another.

So if you've got a suggestion which will be another feather in my bow then I'm all ears!

I have been looking at phi spirals using the software from the book "The New Fibonacci Trader"
http://www.fibotrader.com/books

Hope I can use it to spot turns like this. This is a simple example on the YM 15min chart and I need to do a bit more work before I would use it for real.

Attachments

• ym 15min.gif
    ym 15min.gif
    6.9 KB · Views: 664
Hey Big B.. you will scare people with charts like that :cheesy: :cheesy:

Seriously though spirals are useful tools to study in conjunction with other factors.
The logarithmic spirals based on roots 2,3, 5 are also ones to watch if your so inclined :cheesy: I wont go in to the spiral calendar ;)

CJ

It will be interesting to see if I can use the spirals to spot real trades, rather than on old data. The book recommends using two spirals that cross near the actual price for best reversal signals. I will also try some of the other tools in the software.

How do you plot logarithmic spirals?

with difficulty :cheesy:

I don't use them myself to initiate a trade...Although if a spiral comes in with other factors it just adds more probability...A spiral is just a different expression of the same ratio's that play out in other forms.

Sacred Geometry ect... gives highly accurate possible entry/exit points..but it must be taken in context with the others factors Skim eloquently outlined in earlier posts...The market will quickly tell you if your interpretation is right or wrong and to act accordingly :cool: Its just another string.. in the trading bow :!:

Cheers CJ

Last edited:
Hmmm. Sorry, but I see Fib numbers, Gann geometry etc as nothing but hocus pocus. In the odd occasion that they do work, I'm convinced it's simply because the levels become self-fulfilling prophesies - like the 50% retracement.

Markets stop rising when the buyers stop buying for what ever reason. This is why the closes as bar formation in relation to eachother as Skim rightly pointed out is SO important. This is the only way (that I'm aware of) that can tell you the real underlying activity and psychology that is unfolding. When I was at liffe, I never - NOT ONCE herd ANYONE say 'Oi lads, were at the 61.32455634 level, better start buying!' What we often did do though is take the market a few ticks past the 50% level so as to excite paper a bit and flush out a bit more action. We knew paper had price orders at these levels.

Greek philosophers and mathematicians saw Fib as significant because it illustrated balance in nature, the arts, and even the human body. It was the epitome of balance-the perfect shape … the most pleasing vision. THIS is why I believe some people like Fib so much - because it gives a nice aesthetic way of explaining turns, without having to lern about market dynamics

The only indicator worth anything imho is Bollinger Bands - or any other vol indicator.

Understanding what is happening on a price chart is the easier aspect of trading. Acting on that information and managing your trade, risk and self correctly are the harder parts.

...but if spirals make you money then good for you!

BBB - on a joking note - Fib is an Italian invention (Fibonacci) not Greek - lol :) the Greek philosophers had no way of knowing it until the Italians enlightened them! :) only a joke mate - of coz it was there w/o being called Fib :)

Mee olde China,

DOH! Maybe I should change my handle to Homer!

Each to their own. I can't stand bolinger bands. I used to think fib no's were a waste of time but then I spent some time looking at them and changed my mind. At the very least they can be used to provide a way of choosing an entry point with a fairly tight stop and they can be used to work out a target price that is considerably greater than the stop. That doesn't seem like a bad way to trade to me.

Up to 1122 today? A spike to R3 pivot at 1125 and a short would be in order.

Attachments

• clipboard.gif
    clipboard.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 533
I like these Helene Meisler charts for a longer term view. H&S targets acquired and exceeded, but for how long?

Attachments

• h&sinduspxmeisler.gif
    h&sinduspxmeisler.gif
    31 KB · Views: 528
Just to add my bit from yesterdays talk of Fib numbers.
In the odd occasion that they do work, I'm convinced it's simply because the levels become self-fulfilling prophesies - like the 50% retracement.

I agree with this, but, this is why they work, because they are self-fulfilling. I only use them for retracements, and will only use them on the 2nd or subsequent bounce, but on futures at least, they do work quite well.
But only as long as enough people follow them, as with anything, i use them for their crowd psychology factor, not as the answer to the universe.

Now I know that because I only enter on a 2nd or subsequent failure they are really just like any other s/r level, but hey I like my charts with pretty horizontal lines on them. :D