No experience, no education

madina

Hi
Does anyone can give an advice? How I can step into trader or financial analyst positions.
I really do not have any experience or any relevant education, but I do have a degree.
And I do have some self study knowledge about market.
Which is the best way to get into investment industry? Offer as voluntary job for couple month - would be helpful or something else. Moreover, I think about to take CFA courses - can it helps me?
I looking for any advice

Hi
Does anyone can give an advice? How I can step into trader or financial analyst positions.
I really do not have any experience or any relevant education, but I do have a degree.
And I do have some self study knowledge about market.
Which is the best way to get into investment industry? Offer as voluntary job for couple month - would be helpful or something else. Moreover, I think about to take CFA courses - can it helps me?
I looking for any advice

Have you spoken to any recruitment consultants? They might be the best people to speak to if you are looking for this sort of advice. But most of them are ******s and won't help you out unless you are someone they can get a job for.

"most of them are ******s and won't help you out unless you are someone they can get a job for" - I agree
But because I am not native English speaker, I found even harder to go into recruitment agencies and get any offers from them. They just put your CV at the end of their files (((
I really would like to get advice from people who are in the investment companies.

The thread says no education, no experience. As with absolutely any profession you have close to zero chance until you have at least one.

Stop wasting your time on here or you'll end up putting things off as I have.

The thread says no education, no experience. As with absolutely any profession you have close to zero chance until you have at least one.

Stop wasting your time on here or you'll end up putting things off as I have.
I have a degree (law) but is not relevant what I want to do in my live unfortunately

I have a degree (law) but is not relevant what I want to do in my live unfortunately

It don't matter what your degree is in if you want to trade. A degree in economics doesn't mean you will be a good trader.

A lot of successful traders don't even have degrees. So I wouldn't worry about that if I was you. The fact is that you have a degree in a solid subject. However, is your grade in this any good? If you have less than a 2:1 then most places won't look at you, but you may get lucky with a 2:2.

You need to try to build up some sort of experience. Or knowledge of trading and the markets which you could talk about in an interview situation.

"You need to try to build up some sort of experience. Or knowledge of trading and the markets which you could talk about in an interview situation.[/QUOTE] "

can you give me an example of "sort of experience", please?
I try to study myself everything about markets

"You need to try to build up some sort of experience. Or knowledge of trading and the markets which you could talk about in an interview situation.
"

I try to study myself everything about markets[/QUOTE]

Internships would be a great route in if you can get one. If you are not currently employed then you could try and get some temping work in a big bank. This may give you an idea of the culture and atmosphere of these places.

Have you tried trading on a simulator? Or for small amount of money? I remember a site www.bullbearings.co.uk that offer a free play money simulator for stocks. Or if you want to put your own money on the line then you can join a spreadbetting firm like IG index and trade with your money on there. Not sure how employers will look at you spreadbetting, but I'm guessing its a good sign of you being keen to trade. You want to have a clear plan for each trade to demonstrate you are thinking things through and not just punting the price action.

Madina,
Time for some home truths.
From your posts it appears you have no idea of trading.
You don't even qappearto have the most basic knowledge of this subject.
To be a trader you need to be gutsy,intuitive, daring and knowledgeable and that is only for being a private trader, using your own money.God knows what competition is like for working for a big house, I am sure there are traders here who have worked for institutions who know better.
But whatever it is, you simply do not seem to have it, judging by the meek "Please hold my hand"type of post you have here.
Trading is not an exact science simply studying everthing about the market in a academic manner is not going to help
Using the principle of precedent is not going to work.

Go open a account lose some money then lose some more then in a year's time see if you are still interested in being a trader.
Hash words but true.

"

I try to study myself everything about markets

Internships would be a great route in if you can get one. If you are not currently employed then you could try and get some temping work in a big bank. This may give you an idea of the culture and atmosphere of these places.

Have you tried trading on a simulator? Or for small amount of money? I remember a site www.bullbearings.co.uk that offer a free play money simulator for stocks. Or if you want to put your own money on the line then you can join a spreadbetting firm like IG index and trade with your money on there. Not sure how employers will look at you spreadbetting, but I'm guessing its a good sign of you being keen to trade. You want to have a clear plan for each trade to demonstrate you are thinking things through and not just punting the price action.[/QUOTE]

You think if I would have my own trading account and will trade that would be good to tell my future employer? so no matter how successful or not I would be ?

Go get a decent education in a finance related subject and not only will you learn the ropes and theory of international finance, you'll have an understanding of the instruments etc and how they operate. They you need to try to find a job. It will not be easy and your chances will be extremely slim as are mine. Throwing money away at a spread betting broker will not teach you anything at all apart from how it feels to lose money.

Just to reiterate how pointless I think Gamma's advice is, consider this... Do you think your law degree would help to prepare you to start a career in law or would you have been better just attempting to ensue litigation proceedings lol.

Madina,
Time for some home truths.
From your posts it appears you have no idea of trading.
You don't even qappearto have the most basic knowledge of this subject.
To be a trader you need to be gutsy,intuitive, daring and knowledgeable and that is only for being a private trader, using your own money.God knows what competition is like for working for a big house, I am sure there are traders here who have worked for institutions who know better.
But whatever it is, you simply do not seem to have it, judging by the meek "Please hold my hand"type of post you have here.
Trading is not an exact science simply studying everthing about the market in a academic manner is not going to help
Using the principle of precedent is not going to work.

Go open a account lose some money then lose some more then in a year's time see if you are still interested in being a trader.
Hash words but true.

I think you misunderstand me, I do have a knowledge about markets, I do trade, but at the moment only with russian shares (medium term). Moreover, I'm testing my own strategy (on Nasdaq stocks) which is look pretty good for me.
I just wonder how to step into trading position in the big companies?

Main point for me is that I really do not want waste my time to work somewhere, and then after 3, 5 or 10 years to start with any jobs in banking because of luck experience in it

Madina,
You are not a native english speaker are you?

I think this might rule you out of a lot of analyst roles at the big firms as they involve report writing. You're English isn't bad but not exactly great.

I think this might rule you out of a lot of analyst roles at the big firms as they involve report writing. You're English isn't bad but not exactly great.
Thanks I do know that, I'm trying to improve it as much as I can )))

Why are you blah-blah-ing Gamma? You only have to glance at entry requirements for any institution to see that they want a good education in financial discipline for any position. Thats what the guy said he was interested in. He's not asking whether you think it's better to trade from home.