NLP

osho67

I would like to investigate potential of NLP training which can help me improve my trading. Has anybody used this sort of approach and what are the comments. What is the best way to go forward and how to find out more. All help much appreciated. Thanks so much

It may be worth contacting the member known as "Glenn" as his wife is involved in work that is related to this.

Paul

Hi osho67

I personally do my own NLP which involves a variety of simple techniques which I have found to be of great help to me and my continual training and development both with my trading and my personal growth.

More simply put I mediate for a minimum of 1 hour every day and use visualisation techniques. While in trades I use relaxation methods to keep me focused and attentive to my trading plan.

It would be interesting to see how many other traders do this as i know of a few who do these types of mental training who are also very successful at what they do.

Regards
NB

osho67 said:
I would like to investigate potential of NLP training which can help me improve my trading. Has anybody used this sort of approach and what are the comments. What is the best way to go forward and how to find out more. All help much appreciated. Thanks so much

Nlp

Thanks NB

How can I find out about about simple techniques for NLP?What are the visualisation techniques and how to find more about them as well.
I meditate - a buddhist technique - about one hour a day. I also use a cd from Paul Mckenna which I got from his book How to change your life in seven ndays. I would like to go much further than what I am doing. Please give comments. Thanks

I personally do my own NLP which involves a variety of simple techniques which I have found to be of great help to me and my continual training and development both with my trading and my personal growth.

More simply put I mediate for a minimum of 1 hour every day and use visualisation techniques. While in trades I use relaxation methods to keep me focused and attentive to my trading plan.

It would be interesting to see how many other traders do this as i know of a few who do these types of mental training who are also very successful at what they do.

Regards
NB[/QUOTE]

spreadboy has posted a good document... page 90 just about sums up what visulisation is and how to do it and a google search will give you a detailed list of NLP

As i understand it, is modeling a successful behavioural trait that you wish to recreate. The link will give you a more detailed outlook, try the tour.

Hope this helps for now

NB

I also recommend you browse the trading phsycology thread here.....perhaps you would be kind enough to reward me with a gold star...I'm lacking in that department, similar to the positive ticks on my screen at the moment.

hi osho67

Try your local libraries. See what info you can get for free. Amazon have an ever growing list of nlp related titles.
It appears to be the next big fad. Tried and tested methods rewritten under the nlp banner and fed to a new audience. (sorry about the minor rant)

From what you have said you already do, searching for more may be a waste of time.

happy trading

Osho, if you want to go further with training in NLP, rather than just reading about it, there are a number of organisations that offer quality trainings.

I can recommend The Performance Partnership with whom I did a number of my early trainings.

http://www.performancepartnership.com

(I don't have any commercial link with this company. I'm recommending them purely on the basis of their integrity and their ability to deliver 100%)

To answer your question 'has anyone used it...' I can only say by the time you have completed your Masters in it, you can't not use it... :cool: