Nigel Farage

Farage is like all demagogues, they see themselves as demi-gods, puffed up with their sense of self-importance.

Like all politicians, each have their good points and bad points (each to their own to decide).

The difference between Farage and your standard party leaders is that he is not scared of not being politically correct. The big 3 parties will never take that risk.

Personally, I can think of many things that were better in the past (as Clegg kept on stating that Farage wanted to go back to the dark ages), but also the are things in the here and now which suit us as a collective better.

Ideally, we need to get the best of both worlds.

But with regards to the debate last night - Farage won it hands down, quite simply there is nothing new in what Clegg says, it sounds as though he wants to bury his head in the sand for a few years and then see what has changed when he decides to pop back up.

At the moment we are just Britain, but I for one would like to see us great again!

Like all politicians, each have their good points and bad points (each to their own to decide).

The difference between Farage and your standard party leaders is that he is not scared of not being politically correct. The big 3 parties will never take that risk.

Personally, I can think of many things that were better in the past (as Clegg kept on stating that Farage wanted to go back to the dark ages), but also the are things in the here and now which suit us as a collective better.

Ideally, we need to get the best of both worlds.

But with regards to the debate last night - Farage won it hands down, quite simply there is nothing new in what Clegg says, it sounds as though he wants to bury his head in the sand for a few years and then see what has changed when he decides to pop back up.

At the moment we are just Britain, but I for one would like to see us great again!

I do not believe that a man like Farage is going to put the "Great" into Britain but neither is there anyone else around, at present, who could do so.

I've lived in Spain for 50 years and do not, really, believe that anyone seriously cares whether the UK is in, or out, except the ex-pats, who may be affected with passports, residency, etc. and they should be ok if they are no burden on the taxpayer and social services, here. What is needed is a decision to make the move, though, so that everyone can move on. Apparently, a large proportion of Brits want out, so have a referendum and be done with it,

I'd like to see UK pull out of EU just to see what would happen. I don't think anyone really has any idea. Not that there is currently any mechanism in place for it to do so on a legal basis anyway regardless of referendum or mandate.

I did like paddy powers latest offer...

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 167
The same could be said of Cataluña, which is threatening an unconstitutional referendum on November 14. Actually, the wording does not mention "independence", as such, but whether the people have a right to decide their future, but everyone knows what that means. There would be an election and the "independistas" would win, probably. Going independent would mean that Cataluña would have to leave the EU. Personally, I, for one, would be sorry about that and hope that the whole thing will be averted.

Crimea managed to leave Ukraine without too much hassle. The day after was just like the day before.

I have an eerie feeling that's exactly how it would be with the UK exiting the EU. Borders just like pre-Schengen, not that much hassle. Still the same number of immigrants, except they're all illegal now. Commerce the same. I can't see the EZ having a hissy and paying over the odds for stuff the UK currently supplies it. Nor can I see the EZ getting silly with tariffs on exports to the UK as they still need to sell their stuff. Commerce trumps politics every time. UK loses farming subsidies so farmers have to actually grow stuff rather than get more money by keeping the field unproductive. UK doesn't have to pay EU administration or into the EZ pot. UK has to re-organize its own administration and government departments so swells its numbers for the civil service. Unemployment cut at a stroke.

Crimea managed to leave Ukraine without too much hassle. The day after was just like the day before.

I have an eerie feeling that's exactly how it would be with the UK exiting the EU. Borders just like pre-Schengen, not that much hassle. Still the same number of immigrants, except they're all illegal now. Commerce the same. I can't see the EZ having a hissy and paying over the odds for stuff the UK currently supplies it. Nor can I see the EZ getting silly with tariffs on exports to the UK as they still need to sell their stuff. Commerce trumps politics every time. UK loses farming subsidies so farmers have to actually grow stuff rather than get more money by keeping the field unproductive. UK doesn't have to pay EU administration or into the EZ pot. UK has to re-organize its own administration and government departments so swells its numbers for the civil service. Unemployment cut at a stroke.

Don't think so at all...

The Germans and the French would love to see UK leave and over a period of time I'm sure market place will become tighter for our exports in Europe.

Europe has far more to offer than the old Common Wealth or any of the emerging markets.

UK may lose leadership in the finance industry - with Frankfurt or even Milan possibly taking over.

UK will lose foreign investment as it will not be so attractive to be located here if not part of EU.

Farage just appeals to the upper end of BNP. One man band with no idea of reality. Kept talking about jobs but the unemployed British youth is not interested in the low paid hard labour jobs migrants take up. Look at all the nurses and doctors for example.

UK would fast become a miserable place without the foreign element. Lose the charm, style and dash of the French, Italian and Spanish to the likes of Liverpudlians Manchurian and Birmy accents. What a nightmare.

Cool Britiania will become skin-headed, black-shirt wearing twits. Shame we can't export our cowboy builders to Germany or France.

Farage is like Benn but in the other end of the spectrum. Talks load of b0ll0cks really well.

Get real guys!

Don't think so at all...

The Germans and the French would love to see UK leave and over a period of time I'm sure market place will become tighter for our exports in Europe.

Europe has far more to offer than the old Common Wealth or any of the emerging markets.

UK may lose leadership in the finance industry - with Frankfurt or even Milan possibly taking over.

UK will lose foreign investment as it will not be so attractive to be located here if not part of EU.

Farage just appeals to the upper end of BNP. One man band with no idea of reality. Kept talking about jobs but the unemployed British youth is not interested in the low paid hard labour jobs migrants take up. Look at all the nurses and doctors for example.

UK would fast become a miserable place without the foreign element. Lose the charm, style and dash of the French, Italian and Spanish to the likes of Liverpudlians Manchurian and Birmy accents. What a nightmare.

Cool Britiania will become skin-headed, black-shirt wearing twits. Shame we can't export our cowboy builders to Germany or France.

Farage is like Benn but in the other end of the spectrum. Talks load of b0ll0cks really well.

Get real guys!

Milan? Really?!

You fancy Amsterdam then?

Either way doesn't matter. Influence and industry will drift away and be lost.

No.

Have you been to Milan or Amsterdam? If you have, can you really see them as being the financial leaders for the next 5-10 years? I can't, not even close, but what do I know?

Last edited:
No.

Have you been to Milan or Amsterdam? If you have, can you really see them as being the financial leaders for the next 5-10 years? I can't, not even close, but what do I know?

Maybe not now but can yes. New regulations likely to be passed and enforced on European banks with jobs and money to follow. Frankfurt, Amsterdam and Milan would benefit and London will lose out.

The playing field will change. To think it will not is likely to be a mistake.

Frankfurt, possibly. Paris, no. All the best French financial people are here in canary wharf and really do not want to go back to France for lots of reasons. They are much more attuned to the Anglo Saxon way of doing things.

Once we get rid of Scotland we could apply to be the 51st state of the union.

Mind you, if we join the US perhaps we should dump the north and midlands as well..

Get real guys!

If we get out of Europe we may also be able to restructure out legal system, after all this is the great EUROPEAN structure that would allow the killers of poor souls like Lee Rigby the chance to challenge a life sentence!!!

Or a court that suggests immigrant rapists and murderers and career criminals must not be able to be deported back from where they came, as it is an infringement of their human rights.

I for one would love to get real. But not sure what real is now, as all common sense/reality appears to have been lost.:rolleyes:

If we get out of Europe we may also be able to restructure out legal system, after all this is the great EUROPEAN structure that would allow the killers of poor souls like Lee Rigby the chance to challenge a life sentence!!!

Or a court that suggests immigrant rapists and murderers and career criminals must not be able to be deported back from where they came, as it is an infringement of their human rights.

I for one would love to get real. But not sure what real is now, as all common sense/reality appears to have been lost.:rolleyes:

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ain-worse-South-Africa-U-S.html#ixzz2xrm7QW93

http://www.civitas.org.uk/crime/crime_stats_oecdjan2012.pdf

We should be looking to reduce crime rather than look at punishing it...

We could and should learn from Europeans and also standardise on stats and punishments. :idea:

Last edited: