Nigel Farage

PieterSteidelmayer

283 54
Does Nigel Farage really represent the views of 69% of the UK population?

If so, there is hope for you all yet.

Nigel is an ex-commodities trader.

PieterSteidelmayer

283 54
On leaving school in 1982, he decided not to go to university, but to work in the City trading commodities.Initially, he joined the American commodity brokerage firm Drexel Burnham Lambert,transferring to Credit Lyonnais Rouse in 1986. He joined Refco in 1994, and Natexis Metals in 2003.

But if you information is more accurate then that would fit well with the transition into politics.

PieterSteidelmayer

283 54
Or become an alcoholic city broker like his father. But it's not clear if that was before or after Nigel arrived on the scene. That's the Christian in me, always looking for potential mitigation.

counter_violent

Legendary member
10,622 2,821
Top geeza. What a mistake from the inept Clegg to take him on. Clegg looks to be in the final phase of self destruct mode and hopefully in 12 months time will be history, never to be heard from again.

2,376 660
Top geeza. What a mistake from the inept Clegg to take him on. Clegg looks to be in the final phase of self destruct mode and hopefully in 12 months time will be history, never to be heard from again.

Agree. Clegg has no credibility. Any bloke who continually waves his hands/arms around like he does is bound to be dodgy. Nigel is the sort of bloke you could have a pint with while putting the world to rights. Be interested to see if he gets to be an MP and - like so many - forgets why he was sent there. He certainly roughs up the Brussels lot. The significant point is that Farage (fruitcake etc etc) is now taken seriously enough to get prime TV time with the Deputy PM. Cameron should be worried; God knows what Wallace of Gromit fame thinks!

PieterSteidelmayer

283 54
The Tories were worried enough about UKIP well before these debates. There is a swing to the right, far right, across much of the EZ.The centre-right and far right victories in France have very little to do with Hollande being a twig.

Trader333

8,605 932
Does Nigel Farage really represent the views of 69% of the UK population?

UKIP don't really have any policies other than the UK membership of the EU but on that point it is probably even higher than 69% in my view.

Benj1981

Established member
694 108
Clegg got destroyed. He showed his true colours as the typical sniping career-politician; he was made to look cheap by the relaxed Farage.

PieterSteidelmayer

283 54
What was the point of the debate (which I have not seen)? Neither leader has any chance of their party securing much say in any future government.

2,376 660
What was the point of the debate (which I have not seen)? Neither leader has any chance of their party securing much say in any future government.

It was "two bald men fighting over a comb" - as one perceptive journalist put it. But I still think it will put the $hits up Cameron & Wallace of Gromit.

Benj1981

Established member
694 108

The point was about the EU, and whether we should be in it or not. I still think the UKIP story has a long way to run, especially if things really hit the fan in the future. Looking forward to the EU elections, changes are afoot.

Trader333

8,605 932
The Tories have most to worry about with regards to UKIP because at the General Election next year UKIP will likely split the Tory vote and especially in marginal seats of which there are a lot. The net result will be that Labour will have a good chance of winning the election quite easily. This will not be because more people are voting for them but that slitting the Tory vote will mean neither UKIP nor Tory will have enough votes to defeat Labour.

Reactions: Mr. Charts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock