News Trading

Hi Finger2,

Thank you for the news trading info. Do you know what is the different between jimmy young and forexfusion ?

Regards.

simjs said:
Hi Finger2,

Thank you for the news trading info. Do you know what is the different between jimmy young and forexfusion ?

Regards.

Why do you ask?

gandyd66 said:
Key to trading news announcements like NFP and others is a broker who will accept trades at volatile times, will honour stops, won't widen spreads etc etc. Otherwise forget about it.

If anyone knows of such a broker, please let us know here.

http://www.saxobank.com

sccz97 said:
you serious? I think best not to recommend brokers like saxo. Your best bet is to open an account with an ecn

What's wrong with Saxo Bank - I use it myself... :rolleyes:

sccz97 said:
you serious? I think best not to recommend brokers like saxo. Your best bet is to open an account with an ecn

I am about to open an account with them.Could you let me know why you dont think its good for news trading, please?

Thanks.

Search this board for posts about Saxo, mine included, and/or try other reputable boards (say, Elitetrader) for comments on and ratings of Saxo. You'll get your answer, I believe.

Chris Hood said:
Search this board for posts about Saxo, mine included, and/or try other reputable boards (say, Elitetrader) for comments on and ratings of Saxo. You'll get your answer, I believe.

I have been using Saxo Bank for more than 3 years with no major problems. They give you a very fine service, but they are not cheap.

six figure signing bonuses

JP1966 said:
May I ask why you worked for so many different banks in such a short space of time?

Rarely have I seen someone move jobs so often.

I assumed it was because Jimmy had received better offers and incentives from each bank, so I asked him about this, and his reply, "...Exactly. Six-figure signing bonuses and a better percentage of the profits. I didn't care what institution I worked for because I had my own trading systems that were not dependant upon the banks, customers etc..."

eurusdtrader said:
I assumed it was because Jimmy had received better offers and incentives from each bank, so I asked him about this, and his reply, "...Exactly. Six-figure signing bonuses and a better percentage of the profits. I didn't care what institution I worked for because I had my own trading systems that were not dependant upon the banks, customers etc..."

I would suggest anyone spending money on a 'system' does proper due diligence.

One of the things I am usually most wary of is someone who has moved banks very often - could the guy put the exact dates up of each job including month, not just year.

JP1966 said:
I would suggest anyone spending money on a 'system' does proper due diligence.

One of the things I am usually most wary of is someone who has moved banks very often - could the guy put the exact dates up of each job including month, not just year.

I'm not going to be asking Jimmy about exact dates for each job he had.

..and maybe 'system' is the wrong word when you say it like that in quotes. I never thought of it as "spending money on a system" ...It's an investment in education. Jimmy's education can be considered a strategy, a method, an edge, an angle, an approach, a setup, a plan, a craft, a procedure, a tactic ...use anyone of those that make you comfortable ...you still need to do your own due diligence. If you can't make money in 6 months or less using a successful bank traders' system, then forex trading is probably not your best career choice.

Lol. I have been trading fx full time for 18 years.

Of course there are always exceptions but I would never employ anyone who had worked in so many places in such a short space of time. Of course people can be poached for more money but banks generally do anything they can to keep succesful traders. I have yet to meet a succesful trader who has moved between say 10 banks in almost as many years who hasn't been kicked out of most of them. Hence the reason for the months - to see how often they overlap.

I am sure Jummy is the exception though.