News Trading

scrosbie said:
A quick question about your point above. I am relatively new to FX trading and have been seeking a trading facility with a trailing stop. Could you tell me who you trade with to get this facility?

Thanks

Yes, I could also like to know that. My broker don't offer trailing stops. :eek:

Baruch said:
Try it - on paper or a demo. We have a big news day Friday. Good luck.

Hehe thanks - will do =)

I use Interbank fx. Brokers which use metatrader e.g. fxdd, alpari and interbank let you use trailing stops. =)

Interbank FX

TheWolf said:
Hehe thanks - will do =)

I use Interbank fx. Brokers which use metatrader e.g. fxdd, alpari and interbank let you use trailing stops. =)

Thanks for that. Just looked at the Interbank FX site and registered for a demo on the platform.

Would appreciate a few pro's and con's of their platform based upon your experience.

Thanks

US ECONOMIC ANNOUNCEMENTS / FUNDAMENTAL ANNOUNCEMENTS

File Attach

Attachments

• FOREX Economic Fundamental USA.doc
    114 KB · Views: 556
finger2 said:
US ECONOMIC ANNOUNCEMENTS / FUNDAMENTAL ANNOUNCEMENTS

File Attach

Thanks for sharing that. It will be very helpfull.

I wonder if anybody has similar documents for other countries?

scrosbie said:
Thanks for that. Just looked at the Interbank FX site and registered for a demo on the platform.

Would appreciate a few pro's and con's of their platform based upon your experience.

Thanks

A few pros: platform lets you create your own indicaticators, experts (automated systems), and lets you backtest your strategy as well. You can find alot of these indicators/systems free from various sites. Having charts and everything inside the platform is really a big plus in terms of usability as well. With fxcm, it's well annoying to switch from one thing to another. The server is also very reliable. You can read more about it here: http://www.metaquotes.net :)

Dont really have any cons =o

Interbank FX

TheWolf said:
A few pros: platform lets you create your own indicaticators, experts (automated systems), and lets you backtest your strategy as well. You can find alot of these indicators/systems free from various sites. Having charts and everything inside the platform is really a big plus in terms of usability as well. With fxcm, it's well annoying to switch from one thing to another. The server is also very reliable. You can read more about it here: http://www.metaquotes.net :)

Dont really have any cons =o

I see that Interbank FX only offer US Dollar accounts. Could this cause you a problem repatriating funds if the dollar starts reversing against the pound?

I can't download the e-book about news trading. I don't know why. But is it a good book, and are there any new things in the book?

What's with the damp squids lately? A few news that're supposed to be pretty big are not moving like it used to =|

Can someone tell me more about the FOMC tommorow? I understand that with this one, you need to analyse what Greeny says. Did it cause big moves from previous times? (100+ movement)

Key to trading news announcements like NFP and others is a broker who will accept trades at volatile times, will honour stops, won't widen spreads etc etc. Otherwise forget about it.

If anyone knows of such a broker, please let us know here.

TheWolf said:
Can someone tell me more about the FOMC tommorow? I understand that with this one, you need to analyse what Greeny says. Did it cause big moves from previous times? (100+ movement)

You don't need to analyse, what Greenspan/FOCM says. The market wil do that for you. And look at the US 10 year T-notes. If they go up, the dollar will go down. And vice versa. Big move? Yes, most of the times.

Hayek said:
under construction ;)

His news trading strategy was pretty fruitful when bucket shops still gave free lunch to lure new customers last year. After that, retail fx trading gets real and tough.

Yes, unless you have a Reuters or Bloomberg , so you get the news before all the small traders. :cheesy: