Newbie straddle questions

No Quarter

44 2
Hi all
I want to pursue my interpretation of Nasim Talebs options trading strategy, namely being a buyer of straddles and waiting for the black swan. I.e. buying a lottery ticket, but hopefully one with an expectancy of over 1, only time will tell...

I do my normal index trading on ETX, nice platform, secure in the EU. What would be similar that would allow me to buy (not sell) straddles on perhaps Dow, Dax, GBPUSD, USDJPY? Any other advice for a seasonedindex trader but an options newbie?

Adoralmeena

38 1
Waiting for black swan may take years and years. According to theory of economic cycles, world's economy is now on the bootom lane after 2008-2009 crisis and it's expected to begin growth in the next 5 years. So, investing in such stocks to wait for a black swan is a real lottery, as it's much more chances to waste your money or earn nothing, than get a jackpot. However, If you wanna try, I may suggest you invest not in traditional assets, but look for cryptocurrencies, especially with unique features, such as Ethereum and Libra. It is expected breakthrough in cryptoindustry in the next 2-5 years, so it's may be your black swan. Hope you will succeed :)