Newb needs feedback on "Trade Tech Institute"

I just joined today having Googled TTI and hitting this forum. I certainly hope to enjoy communicating on this forum and will keep you posted on the outcome.

Actually the pertinent question is how many of the TV traders continued to trade profitably after the show ended and for how long. The last time I asked this question the thread got deleted after Anton seemingly took offence. It's just a simple question but the answer would obviously give some guidance as to expected outcome for new students.

Hi pb,
Who is Anton and what are TV traders?
Did you post on the wrong forum?
Bob

Hi pb,
Who is Anton and what are TV traders?
Did you post on the wrong forum?
Bob

Bob,

I think there was someone spamming T2W whose posts have now been deleted. I think I may have replied to some of their posts here but now that they have been deleted it makes no sense on this thread.

Its nothing to do with TTI.

Ha,
The wonders of the Internet.
;-)

Since you are a Legendary Member, do you have the power to delete the last 3 or 4 threads (including this one)??

Last edited:
Ha,
;-)

Since you are a Legendary Member, do you have the power to delete the last 3 or 4 threads (including this one)??

No that would have been the mods. They respond pretty quickly to blatant spamming (he posted the same message randomly about 15 times across the forum).

Ha,
;-)

No I dont, do you mean the last 3 or 4 posts?

Which Spyglass is that? I ask because there was a thread here called Spyglass Solutions but it was deleted due to threats of legal action. Spyglass now trade as Training Traders and there is currently a thread called Mike Baghdady Training Traders on T2W albeit with many critical posts deleted. The gist of the thread is that they have fabricated a number of things in their TV advert namely using their office staff to pose as a hedge 'fund manager' and an 'institutional trader'. Has anyone checked out who the directors of TTI/Spyglass in the US are?

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/105638-mike-baghdady-training-traders.html

PBoyles, I am in communication with Bob P and a couple of others regarding issues with TTI- and actions which I have been putting together. Can you please contact me asap: [email protected]

Look forward to speaking with you,
traderhawk

Hmm. TTI office closed yesterday. Today no answer on their toll free number (888) 934-6684, only answering machine that says: "The party you are trying to reach at Magic Jack 323-432-8293 is unavailable. Please leave a message.
Anybody still in contact? Or have they closed up shop and moved on to bigger and better scams?
Maybe the 5,000+ "hits" we've had on this forum put them out of business?
Or, maybe they just took a long weekend?

about 7 months left with daytona system.

I have several months ago. I entered the program but then didn't allow for investing until November. So, I probably have 10 months left on guarantee. it looks like it's money wasted!

Thanks for extending the offer to help. I'll take you up on it when I have some options to pursue.

Why would you blame the broker? Seems like they just execute the trades according to a third party. If you bought a stock that lost money would you blame the broker? not unless the trade was different from your request. So unless the trade is different from what should have been done then the broker did their job and followed your request. You asked a dog to sit and then hit it for obeying your command doesnt quite make sense. Seems to me the issue is the company you purchased the trading software from. Be responsible in your blame and stop blaming everyone.

I too have tried many of these alogrithmic systems in the past. It's plain and simple, some work and some don't. The concept is flawless, the delivery can be a totally different story. I never bought from Trade Tech but I have purchased from many companies like Trade Tech. After reading this entire chat thread, I feel for the people that aren't being treated right. After reading the last post, I think that this person has a great point. All that the broker is, is a conduit to the "code" that the system developer has produced. The broker just executes the trades and has a zero say about anything else. I have found dozens of blogs like this about companies that offer trading systems with guarantees. BUY THEM AT YOUR OWN RISK! Save your money and just go to Las Vegas!! DONT BLAME THE BROKER!

Thanks for pointing out the obvious, "gig" and "wolf". if you had read the posts you would have found that we are not blaming the broker at all, we are blaming TTI which is NOT a broker.
I'm surprised that after 5,000+ hits on this forum we haven't come up with a lot more than just 2 of these worthless posts.
Great input and sage advice, you two ;-)

Actually BobP, it is YOU that have not read the past posts. See the posting by olderbak on Dec 28, 2010, 4:52pm - I hate to see this type of stuff. It gives everyone in the industry a bad name when I have people that manage my portfolio that are straight up with me and always take my calls.

My name is Fred, I've had dealings with TRADE TECH INSTITUTE of Beverly Hills, Calif. Owner of record is Tracy Cheek.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!. (that is, if they're still in business - not answering or returning calls as of the week of March 1, 2011.)

They've owed me $5995 subscription fee refund since January 2010. They paid back $1500 in May 2010, $500 in November of 2010, and $100 in March of 2011.

They have now broken 3 agreements we made on a payback plan.

If you are considering using their services..... buyer beware!!!!

I can be reached for comment or question at [email protected]

I've "heard" about companies like TTI and while they can probably teach you something about making money trading, you can get the same education for a lot less. Look around, be patient, and the right system, person, will eventually be just what you're looking for.

OK, the CFTC went after TTI and got them good. They are still in court seeking monetary and punitive damages against them on our (investors) behalf.
You should get a letter from them. If you haven't, make sure that they have your name and contact information by phoning and leaving a message at 816-960-7762
Bob

Hi all, BobP is right. The CFTC and The Commissioner of Corporations of the State of California have issued a restraining order:

"Washington, DC - The U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) today announced that a federal court in Los Angeles entered a restraining order against defendants The Trade Tech Institute, Inc. (Trade Tech), Technology Trading International, Inc. (Tech Trading), Robert Sorchini and Richard Carter, freezing defendants’ assets, prohibiting the destruction or alteration of their books and records and requiring defendants to provide an accounting of all funds and assets under their control."

Check this link:
http://www.cftc.gov/PressRoom/PressReleases/pr6005-11.html

You should call the number in the press release.

LAD96

Hi all, BobP is right. The CFTC put out a press release:
( http://www.cftc.gov/PressRoom/PressReleases/pr6005-11.html ) regarding actions being taken against Trade Tech and Tech Trading. It even mentions the tie in with Spyglass.

If you are financially involved with TTI, you need to call the number in the release just to be sure you are included in the outcomes. They may already have your name. I just received a mailing from the CFTC regarding the actions.

Good news or bad,

LAD96 :clap:

Defintely a victory for our side but I talked with Jo Mettenburg a few days ago and she didn't sound too hopeful about any actual money coming our way soon.
She said that Robert Sorchini has an attorney but she couldn't give me his name or what the middle initials are of the two scoundrals involved. She said that Sorchinis attroney is a matter of record and that I should be able to find it with an Internet search but I've been too busy lately to do much with that.
When I do get a little time, I'm going to proceed and will post any progress.
Bob P
PS with 600+ investors involved a class action suit would seem to be the way to go, maybe? I just don't know enough law to know if we can go after them personally or if they can successfully hide behind their corporation which probably has little if any assets left.