Newb needs feedback on "Trade Tech Institute"

This company has recently been calling me. Years ago I was scamed by a beverly hills outfit that sounds very similiar. They will find a reason not trade it for a couple of months while they show a profit, then when you finally are activated with a account, they will not show a profit. I am a broker now so I can see right through these things. They do not take into account slippage and commisions when showing a profit either, so it might look like they made money but you did not.

Bob I know their address, how can we contact each other? I would like to help. I signed-up too. I was unemployed and depressed when they called. I told them that too and they said they had a great way to make a lot of money. Two employees said they worked with IBS newspaper and Whillim O'Neal of canslim fame.
My broker is
Foremost Trading,LLC in Geneva, IL and my margin account was held by PFGBEST (Peregrine Financial Group, Inc.) out of Chicago, both of which checked out.

Foremost said they sent two employees to check out tread tech institute in person and verified the numbers the system was getting is correct. And foremost approved of the tradetech insutitued foremost trading. If fact, they said, that the numbers are reporded on the concervative side. So, with that knowledge that Foremost said they are a good company, I did not ask for a refund.

The Daytona system that I bought is treading water. To make my money back in 2 years, it needs to make 400/mo or I get my money back.

They changed there website from www dot thetradetechinstitute.com to www dot tradetechinstitute.com. They did not send out any email saying they were changing the address. A big red flag. Also, they do not send out any emails to clients like constant contact. Another red flag.

I'm in the same boat as the last few posters. Gave them $6,995 because of the guarantee in writing. When it came time to get my money back it was one excuse after another. Chris Mackey told me for sure I would get it around Labor Day. He knew full well that he was leaving the company that weekend so he could promise anything.
I'm suing them in small claims court (luckily the company's not far from me) Bob P

BobP or anyone else out there dealing with trade tech institute, I changed my profile so you can email me. I get a lot of emails so you can send more than one. We can pool information on them and other similar systems be sold with large upfront fees.

I have found out that thetradetechinstitute, TTI, is just the tip of the iceberg for the future trading systems that are being sold with large advanced fees in the Southern California.

So I see Global Trading Academy with at least two address (po boxes), Luxman-Trading-Concepts, Black Box To Trade, also known as, BB Trading. The name Tim Cook comes up with these names. They maybe have something to do with gulftrading.com or Gulf Trading.

Global Trading Academy is list for 17 years, but it is easy to buy and old company name or change a old company that has a good BBB rating. Then use it for not the better purpose.

I think I need to start a thread just to warn others about the buy system signals with large upfront fee.

Here are some others link to look up, See 800notes.com and look up the phone numbers, 760-673-7266 and 866-681-4821.

Most systems that other people are using you pay month to month so if the system is not making money, you can cut-it and look for other systems. There are some systems you buy and own and can run on tradestation.

But, the large upfront fee systems seem all to be a scam as system will work then stop working. So, they sell a system that is working at the time and they target people who are not they proper people for the high risk systems.

Hi Craig,

I sent you an e-mail, thanks for the info.
As I said in my e-mail, I've got a court date with these bozos in a couple of weeks.
If I'm successful in getting my money back, I would be glad to help others in the same boat with filing papers, serving papers, collecting judgements, etc. Of course I'm not a lawyer and you would have to fly out to beautiful So. Calif. on the court date to represent yourself. But Rodeo Drive is only a few blocks from the courthouse so it wouldn't be a total waste;)
Just a reminder: If they don't live up to their guarantee of making you money, be sure to send them a certified letter during the short "window" they give you to ask for the refund or you are out of luck.

Anyway, I'll let you know if I get a judgement against them.

Bob

OK, we won round 1 ( I say we because there was another gentleman in court suing TTI the same day); they didn't show up.
Now we have to wait to see if they can come up with a good reason for not showing up and go from there.
Yeah!

Hi BobP,

Thanks for the posts. I will be very interested in the judgements and how or if they honor the settlements. I think they are feeling the pressure as they have contacted me with a repayment plan after the Oregon Department of Justice, Financial Fraud/Consumer Protection Section contacted them. However, they have already reneged on their first payment date, but were clever enough to keep the ODJ in the loop with their excuse. We'll see when the next payment date comes up.

I would be thankful to take you up on your offer to pursue them in court there if they continue their shenanigans.

I really find it interesting that Craig brought up Global Trading Academy and Luxman. Global had contacted me almost exactly the same time as TTI, was touting their 17yrs and throwing up warnings about TTI and possible histories as Cooper Trading, Luxman and Spyglass. I believe someone earlier had mentioned how a communication or statement their mother had received had changed from Spyglass to TTI. Isn't hindsight great!!

I'll let everyone know how the payment plan TTI has promised pans out.

LAD96

I believe someone earlier had mentioned how a communication or statement their mother had received had changed from Spyglass to TTI.

Which Spyglass is that? I ask because there was a thread here called Spyglass Solutions but it was deleted due to threats of legal action. Spyglass now trade as Training Traders and there is currently a thread called Mike Baghdady Training Traders on T2W albeit with many critical posts deleted. The gist of the thread is that they have fabricated a number of things in their TV advert namely using their office staff to pose as a hedge 'fund manager' and an 'institutional trader'. Has anyone checked out who the directors of TTI/Spyglass in the US are?

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/105638-mike-baghdady-training-traders.html

Hi pboyles and Lad96
As far as who the directors are of TTI, yes, I know some of them.
I'm sure all these companies know each other and/or are, in fact, the same entities. They probably "re-invent" themselves by changing their address (p.o. box) and their name and starting over again when the heat gets turned up too high.
I'm glad that Trade2Win lets us keep in touch here (so far?) but please PM me so we can continue to communicate in case this site gets deleted like Spyglass was.
I'll continue to post here as the case progresses.
LAD96, let us know if you ever get any money from them. I actually "talked" to one guy who did receive 1/2 his money back but that was it.
Bye for now.
Bob

Hello, I was contacted by TTI and am currently in communication with them about signing up... held them off by indicating that I would want my partner to review (I do have a trade partner and we bounce things off of each other). Decided to do some quick due diligence and found this chat. I am so glad you all have bought some clarity here about TTI. I will not sign with them now. Thank you all... at least there is some positive here...you have saved me some money and a lot of heart ache.

Good! YW.
I wish this particular forum was around when I invested but at least we can help keep future investors from parting with their $$.
And, all these messages help keep Trade Tech Institute up near the top (we're actually just below the TTI official website) of Google when potential investors do a search! Keep it going!
I just hope they stay in business long enough for us to get our money back and not go the way of Spyglass - see www.trustlink.org and search for Spyglass. Scary stuff.
Bob P

Last edited:
Hello all,
Just a follow up on the "promised" repayment plan TTI offered. No check yesterday or today. I've forwarded info to the Oregon Department of Justice about this forum and also went to the TrustLink site and pasted in one of the posts that linked Spyglass Equity Systems to TTI. I think it was probably the same guy I mentioned earlier that had mentioned the change in company names his mother had experienced.

All for now, I'll keep you posted.

LAD96

bobP-

I have also been swindled by the crooks at TTI.. I wished I had found this forum before I got involved with them AND before you went to court-- I would have been there with you. As it is, based on my experience and all the pieces from other people, I am looking to take some action above that of small claims court. You appear to be local LA. I am also local So. Can we meet? I would like to get with you (and any others) in our boat and share notes and generate a bigger bat to swing at this professional deception ring. Please contact my email at karayaone@hotmail and please leave me your phone number so I can return my contact info with you and try to set up a time to meet. I look forward to meeting you and I have been very encourged by the actions you have already taken. Warm Regards, traderhawk

Hi All,
Those who have PM'd me know that a couple of us are still waging the uphill battle through the court system. Nothing much new to report, maybe in a month or so.
Meanwhile Traderhawk is trying to put together a group of us "investors" and needs your stories and e-mail addresses. Please PM him and join the group.
Bob

bobP-

I have also been swindled by the crooks at TTI.. I wished I had found this forum before I got involved with them AND before you went to court-- I would have been there with you. As it is, based on my experience and all the pieces from other people, I am looking to take some action above that of small claims court. You appear to be local LA. I am also local So. Can we meet? I would like to get with you (and any others) in our boat and share notes and generate a bigger bat to swing at this professional deception ring. Please contact my email at karayaone@hotmail and please leave me your phone number so I can return my contact info with you and try to set up a time to meet. I look forward to meeting you and I have been very encourged by the actions you have already taken. Warm Regards, traderhawk

invested with trade tech institute and losing money, called and vin miller answered phone and will not say who the ceo is for the company, and ceo will not talk to Daytona system trader with their program

Sorry to hear about your situation but, If you owned a company that didn't make good on their guarantee and owed thousanads and thousands of dollars to investors and was being sued, would you be forthcoming with information? I don't THINK so. ;-)
How much longer do you have on your contract?
PM me and I'll give you some options.

Sorry to hear about your situation but, If you owned a company that didn't make good on their guarantee and owed thousanads and thousands of dollars to investors and was being sued, would you be forthcoming with information? I don't THINK so. ;-)
How much longer do you have on your contract?
PM me and I'll give you some options.

about 7 months left with daytona system.

It looks like I got taken by this group too. If there are any out there that are pursuing action, I'd sure like to be part of it. I have notes (and a bad track record) from conversation with them. They don't answer phone calls.

I'm underwater on the trades (their success over the past 2 months is about 25%), and it doesn't appear that is going to improve any time soon.

I just got a call from another similar sounding venture called Xray trading. Could it be the same scammers under a different label.

Thanks for the help. I should have spent more time googling before jumping on this. Lesson learned!

Joined TTI April 1st 2010. Started with $11k. Now it's at 7K. The problem is to them the system could still be profitable subtracting out commissions. Will see what happens but from these posts I get the feelin no refund is forthcoming.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about all the negative experiences with this company. If it's any solace, there seem to be lots of us that got taken (or is it took in?)
As I told dozerdozer, the choices are bad and worse.
If you haven't reached the end of your guarantee period (and it varies between 3 mo. and 2 yrs) you don't have any case against them.
You can close out your trading account and save some of your investment or
You can hope that your trading account will grow in size (haven't heard from anyone that had that experience!)
You can wait until the guarantee period expires and write them a certified letter asking for your deposit back (haven't heard from anyone that had that experience either -- getting their money back!)
If they don't make good on the guarantee and refund your money, you can take them to small claims court.
I'm pursuing that later option.
If anyone wants to fly in or drive in for the small claims hearing, let me know and I'll help you with that part (PM me by clicking on my name).