New to forex what to start with

lquinton

Hi all, I have an account with IG Index and want to start trading forex. What is the best reasonably priced home set up I can put together and how can I learn quickly ?

Thanks

Again, patience.

First- do some trading practice in demo, train yourself to be good trader, disciplined trader and develop strategy. Then start off with a small real account, very small. Most lose it, trade very small lot sizes too and learn the game.

Also try to know first about risk agreement of forex and also read more about it because that gonna help you for make an start successful in this business

Hi all, I have an account with IG Index and want to start trading forex. What is the best reasonably priced home set up I can put together and how can I learn quickly ?

Thanks

Please forget about this and save your money. If you don't believe me google 'forex company fined'.

Thanks

Don't think that you can be a good trader within a short period time. I hope you have some basic knowledge. If not I suggest you to start with Babypips school to get the basic knowledge. After that start with a demo account. Make your own strategy and test it. If you can maintain a good winning streak invest a small amount and do live trading.

Babypips school is a very good source to learn but you cannot learn it quickly. There are many detailed chapters and you should give it at least 2 months and clearly understand the things.

I think you should download their demo platform. That was what I did when I registered with Profiforex a couple of months back. I traded with a demo account for like three weeks before switching to a real micro account. Thankfully, the execution speed in their demo account is the same as their live account and it was all fun. SO, you have to start learn and get use to the platform first.

Demotrading is useless. Trading with real money is a WHOLE different ballgame.

Learn to trade with real money right from the start. Start with a small account (500-1000 whatever euros/pounds/dollars) and use a broker where you can trade a minimum of preferably 0.01 LOT, but 0.05 LOT at the most.

The learning process (finding strategies for you that work and provide constant small profits) will be MUCH quicker using real money, because losing real money hurts and mans brain is programmed to avoid pain.

Set yourself REALISTIC goals. For me that is making a 5% - 10% gain on my account every week, but I suggest starting lower, say make a 2-3% gain on your account every week. Setting goals even lower is counterproductive, specially with a small account. You have to be challenged to be and keep motivated and to bring your best effort.

Believe me, your brain will find ways to achieve these goals. Just hang on to them for weeks and weeks and months and months and years and years.

The best advice is to choose the cross with a lower bid-ask on the demo version; then do a bit of training and focus primarily on money management. The first discipline of the trading system. Then you start using real money as well and prepare yourself to lose a little. It takes a lot of experience before you see good results.

New to forex what to start with -

With Equities.

Or with a micro account.

Hello,

Start with learning the basics of Forex which is available online,
After which open a demo and learn how to execute orders on different platforms, learn the good currencies to trade.
Thereafter, open a demo that you will trade as if that was live money and see how it works out for you.
As far as the currencies are concerned, start with the majors: EUR/USD, USD/JPY and the GBP/USD maybe.
For the demo account sizes: have a mini, a micro and a standard with you.

Happy trading

Giovan

Hello,

Start with learning the basics of Forex which is available online,
After which open a demo and learn how to execute orders on different platforms, learn the good currencies to trade.
Thereafter, open a demo that you will trade as if that was live money and see how it works out for you.
As far as the currencies are concerned, start with the majors: EUR/USD, USD/JPY and the GBP/USD maybe.
For the demo account sizes: have a mini, a micro and a standard with you.

Happy trading

Giovan

Agree with you mate. Good advice here.

I think you should go with a micro-account (as mentioned a few times before) and only trade 0.01 lots until you can achieve consistent profitability for a time-period you decide on (I picked 12 weeks for myself). When you accomplish that, you can increase your volume.

I think you should go with a micro-account (as mentioned a few times before) and only trade 0.01 lots until you can achieve consistent profitability for a time-period you decide on (I picked 12 weeks for myself). When you accomplish that, you can increase your volume.

This is a very good approach mate. Start from micro lots and climb the ladder step by step.

First thing for me is to get some good knowledge about the forex market. These things includes,

* What is forex and the structure of the FX market ?
* Why you should trade forex and Is forex trading suitable for me?
* How to manage risk ?
* Technical analysis and other strategies

Babypips school is a very good place to get to know these things.

After getting the basic knowledge it is important to develop a trading plan + trading system. This will guide you throughout your FX Journey

Perox

Everything you need to know in order to learn to trade successfully is available for free on the internet.

Research the following:

Support/Resistance
Pivot points
Price action
Trend trading
Setting stop losses
Taking profits
Managing risk

Study one currency pair and become comfortable with its price movement. If you truly understand the above and apply to the currency pair you are familiar with, you are on your way to success.

Consider multiple sources, do not trust any one source as your "mentor". Develop your own methods/rules based on what you learn, and based on the behavior of your chosen currency pair.

Do not make decisions based on other people's opinions/analysis. Do your own analysis and form your own opinions, make your own decisions.

Be aware of news events, and potential affects on your currency pair. But usually, price action will anticipate any big/sudden moves. Not that you can anticipate correctly 100% of the time, but at least you'll see that there will be a potential break out on the horizon - price action will tell you this, if you listen...

Be willing to put in the time to learn the above. Most traders fail because they expect to be successful without spending the time to really learn. After they lose for a while, they give up. If you study full-time, i.e. 8 hours per day for 4-6 months you can learn it. If you spend 8 hours per week, it may take years.

If you are entering trades with little or no confidence in what direction the price will go, you are gambling, sure way to fail. Develop confidence in your analysis so that even when trade goes bad, you will comfortably stick with it until your stop/loss is hit or profit goal is reached.

And finally... Never stop learning.

Last edited:
This is a very good approach mate. Start from micro lots and climb the ladder step by step.

Thanks, I found that it works well for me and allows me to learn how to become a better trader without risking too much money.

Start with some reading about forex basics. You will find many webs on each topic of forex. When you understand this market do demo trading to get practice how to interact with this market . As much you will trade your knowledge and experience will improve.

Everything you need to know in order to learn to trade successfully is available for free on the internet.

Research the following:

Support/Resistance
Pivot points
Price action
Trend trading
Setting stop losses
Taking profits
Managing risk

Study one currency pair and become comfortable with its price movement. If you truly understand the above and apply to the currency pair you are familiar with, you are on your way to success.

Consider multiple sources, do not trust any one source as your "mentor". Develop your own methods/rules based on what you learn, and based on the behavior of your chosen currency pair.

Do not make decisions based on other people's opinions/analysis. Do your own analysis and form your own opinions, make your own decisions.

Be aware of news events, and potential affects on your currency pair. But usually, price action will anticipate any big/sudden moves. Not that you can anticipate correctly 100% of the time, but at least you'll see that there will be a potential break out on the horizon - price action will tell you this, if you listen...

Be willing to put in the time to learn the above. Most traders fail because they expect to be successful without spending the time to really learn. After they lose for a while, they give up. If you study full-time, i.e. 8 hours per day for 4-6 months you can learn it. If you spend 8 hours per week, it may take years.

If you are entering trades with little or no confidence in what direction the price will go, you are gambling, sure way to fail. Develop confidence in your analysis so that even when trade goes bad, you will comfortably stick with it until your stop/loss is hit or profit goal is reached.

And finally... Never stop learning.

theres a lot of excellent advice in this post above......and I humbly suggest it takes 3-5 years minimum of serious reserarch and training before you can make decent money consistently

you will now it when you find it ..........as you finally mix together the approach/system that works 100% for you and your personality / lifestyle

it cant be done in weeks or months - believe me

Good hunting
N