New to Backtesting, Platform Recommendations?

lolbin

Hi I am new to backtesting. What are some good backtesting platforms that support Excel/CSV import of Historical Intraday Data? I am looking at Amibroker, and now MultiCharts, is there any other ones? My budget is not too high.. probably $200-$300. Thank you.

I highly recommend Amibroker. Service/support is exceptional and it has a large community where help/ideas can be gleaned. For the cost is certainly beats many otgher products. The only issue I found is that futures can be complex to simulate, but for equities/fx its great.

I highly recommend Amibroker. Service/support is exceptional and it has a large community where help/ideas can be gleaned. For the cost is certainly beats many otgher products. The only issue I found is that futures can be complex to simulate, but for equities/fx its great.

Thanks! yeah I have decided to go with them.

I second that.

RightEdge is good too, you code in .net (C# or VBA), which is more powerful than a proprietary scripting language.