New T2W Competition

counter_violent

Legendary member
Firstly, congrats on the slick looking re-launch of T2W.

What will the prizes be ref New Competition....substantial I hope ...:LOL:

C V

'ere old on son, what's happened to this months contest Sharky? Don't tell me it's brown bread m8. I've only gone in for the last couple, and I had arf a chance of getting me toe in the door on this one.

That's for for the benifit of cv. I know how much he appreciates our southern tongue. :D :D :D I would pop up and see you one day m8 when I have a flying visit but I've lost me passport so I can't get past Watford!

Seriously, Nice revamp Sharks. But where is the sign in on the front page?

We're still negotiating some great prizes, so stay tuned.. hopefully something substantial to get people excited about playing.

Thanks options - old comps are bread 'n butter im afraid - but this new one should more than make up for it - we finally have a real-time comp. Woot!

Sign in page should be on front page before end of day.

A full announcement regarding the site relaunch and comp to follow shortly...

re: Forex competition:

how can you score pips when the number of trades is zero?!
surely, the act of buying or selling results in triggering at least 1 trade.

hmm Im tryin to sell cable now 1.9931 and no trades are going through, maybe thats a sign of a bum trade warning to me, but, I click the sell on the GBPUSD a little cricle spins but nothing happens ?

Ohh Nice job on the revamp, quite slick, subtle & smooth. :)

Thanks CP - the competition has a few bugs but we'll hopefully fix them later today. Stay tuned... :)

Thanks CP - the competition has a few bugs but we'll hopefully fix them later today. Stay tuned... :)

Cheers Fergal , ere , hang on a minute I'm not on refer to dealer with that trade am I? Worldlyspreads are not running it are they ? :) I should be showing a few pips profit. Who's the daddy now !.

Ta, i'll pop back and try another punt on it tomorrow.

re: Forex competition:

how can you score pips when the number of trades is zero?!
surely, the act of buying or selling results in triggering at least 1 trade.

DOH! the number of trades must be Closed Trades.
(the zero means first trade, still open.
just noticed how DC2000s value fluctuates. must be caused by an open trade)

You're right - it's confusing trendie. So we've changed it, it now counts open trades as trades too. :)

Soon you'll be able to view any other member's portfolio and trade history.

Nice revamp Sharky, Great idea with realtime FX comp. This has thrown the gauntlet in, maybe we can see how good some of these egotistical traders are now, if they dare take the challenge :LOL: this will sort out the wheat from the chaff.....:confused:

cheers

We've added the ability to view any player's portfolio & trade history. Woot!

Also we've fixed issues with the combined view of all postitions (so that the %s are correct) and updated the way the trade history displays to include close date (and ordered by).

Competition should be working fine now - please let me know if you experience any problems, and if you have any suggestions for improvement. We've got a bunch of ideas that we intend to implement shortly.

We've added the ability to view any player's portfolio & trade history. Woot!

Also we've fixed issues with the combined view of all postitions (so that the %s are correct) and updated the way the trade history displays to include close date (and ordered by).

Competition should be working fine now - please let me know if you experience any problems, and if you have any suggestions for improvement. We've got a bunch of ideas that we intend to implement shortly.

Im trying to bank circa 50 points @ $1.9990 levels but just spinng circle and no action, it wouldnt work on one of my browsers earlier, then had to open basic IE , which it let me open and close 1, but even on that browser now im stuck holding this short :p

ho hum, is it my broswer settings or something anyone know ?

Edit, after posting here, it let me close out.. dunno why I get intermitent start stop action with it, but bugger it Ive bagged a few pips ta boot.

Last edited:
Congrats on the site revamp, chaps and chapesses. The compo is also a good idea (and potentially educational!), but with no facility to use orders I'm wondering how true-to-life the results will be?

For now I think the easiest thing to do will be revert to using standard buttons to place trades. At the moment we're using some jazzy AJAX to place trades without refreshing the page. If we can't be sure it's working fully across all browsers then we'll fall back on the standard method. Will implement a solution today.

Just wanna throw something in regarding the portfolio page. Any chance of making your current postions stand out a bit better?
The first day I placed trades,checked back a bit later, and those buttons stood out at me and I thought The trades had been placed wrong. So I closed and re-did. What with the spinning circle and not updating until I logged out and back in again. It really threw me...

And then I went and did the same thing again!!!

So please, can you make the current positions stand out a bit more.

I like it by the way, A very nice change. Add stops and limits and oco's and trailing stops and it would be fantastic. Better still talk to someone like fxcm about white labelling. And you could be onto a winner.

If you do want to go this route, pm me Paul I can give you a few pointers.

Thanks for the feedback. We're definitely going to make changes - the important thing was to get the thing up and running first, potenitally we can do lots of cool things with it. There's been some probs placing trades (hopefully now fixed, see below). Stops and limits, oco's and all that inc an api to place trades etc will be added in the coming weeks!

UPDATE : We've made an update so there shouldn't be any more problems making trades. Please refresh the page and ideally clear your cookies (at least for T2W if you don't want to do so for all sites). See if this works, if you're still having problem, let us know. Thanks.

Sharky I know your working on prizes, but in the mean time can you give us a flavour of what to expect...ie number of prizes, value, criteria for winning, categories, frequency etc

cheers C V