New T2W Calendar

EK1

Established member
Hi all,

As part of the new, improved T2W we have now included an economic calendar here: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/calendar.php. However it is still in beta version and we are currently working on resolving any issues with figures, updates etc. Please bear with us as we try to improve upon this first version.

Thanks,

EK1

Nor does it have RPI at 9.30am as well for UK.

I find the dates a bit off-putting as they are set the US way - can we change that in our CP?

Sorry, but have to say that ForexFactory calendar is a lot clearer and easier to read. :eek:

Yes JT/JB, you are right.

The calendar is still very much in beta version. We are working with our data provider to update the feed which is coming real soon.

HTH

EK1

Yesterday's unemployment claims are shown as red... surely the value that came out is good for the currency concerned (USD) so should be green (as is shown on FF calendar) Or is it shown red as it's a deviation from the expected?

Cheers,

Priceman,

Yes the figure is in red as it's below the forecast (green if above - not very scientific yet :| ).

As I've said before the calendar is very much in beta version. There are many changes that we are hoping to make to it before its anyway near as good as FF's, which is very good.

Priceman,

Yes the figure is in red as it's below the forecast (green if above - not very scientific yet :| ).

As I've said before the calendar is very much in beta version. There are many changes that we are hoping to make to it before its anyway near as good as FF's, which is very good.

It is lower than forecast, but with this news item lower than forecast unemployment claims is good for the UK economy. So because it is a UK news item the highlights should be in green IMO.

Just like forexfactory (who sometimes also get the colours wrong),I suggest -
If its a UK release and its good for UK economy, (in the sense that it is better than the forecast result) = green.
If its a US release & bad for US economy (in the sense that it is better than the forecast result ) = red.

Thanks.

We've made some updates to the calendar feed:

a) We're now showing previous figures where available
b) Colour coding is now correct. A figure below the forecast which has a positive effect, like those for unemployment rates is now coloured green and not red.
c) We're showing a broader range of events than before.

We'll be making various more updates in the near future. We'll also be increasing the speed with which actual figures appear on the site.

I have to say, 6 months after its intro, the T2W economic calendar is still pretty cr*p. Its not updated at the right times, it has significant news releases not listed......:rolleyes:

Last edited:
have to agree with JT, re: calendar. (I still double-check against ForexFactorys!)

anyway, would it be possible to show US holidays as well? it may affect volatility and thus whether it is better to take the day off trading. eg; Presidents Day, Labo(u)r Day, Thanksgiving, etc.

Its a bit like the calendar was partially discontinued, but someone forgot to tell us.

I don't even look at the T2W economic calendar any more - due to the fact that many significant news releases aren't even listed.
The only useful economic calendars that i am aware of are the forexfactory one, followed by the briefing.com one. briefing.com is in 2nd place as it does not cover the EU/UK releases.
:cry:.

We're planning on relaunching it sometime this year. We've been disappointed by the speed and breadth of results supplied by the feed provider, so we need to find an alternative source. Breifing is an obvious alternative but as you mention it's coverage on this side of the pond is poor at best.

Whichever data-provider supplies the forexfactory calendar, they do a pretty good job :idea:.

Yeah they seem to set the benchmark for everyone else to beat. I think theres is managed in-house. Perhaps we should consider that - I wonder if the cost and resource required would be worth the value added to the site, if we could manage to offer an even better service.

FFs calendar is showing (for today)
RED event (GBP: Services PMI at 9:30am) and
RED event (US:ISM non-manufacturing index at 3:00pm).

neither of these are on the T2W calendar.

not good if we have to keep double-checking with another site for accuracy.

The calendar isn't updating at the moment, we're working on resolving the problem, should be back today/tomorrow. Also considering a brand new data feed for it - which should compete with the best out there.