New SB Company

juanbyte

I signed up yesterday for a new spreadbetting firm TwoWaySpreads

They use the same trading platform as Finspreads so why use them?

Well I have accounts with both and TwoWaySpreads is much faster, I can only think that they have their own dedicated server.

You can trade from as little as 50p and an offshoot of the company also offers trading alerts which I am sure none of the other SB companies do.

Anyone else have comments?

A little difficult to see exactly who they are. Some of the people involved are apparently from onewaybet.com (I see that as a plus) but they don't make very clear what exactly their relationship with Finspreads is. Specifically it's not clear whether Finspreads owns them (which would rule them out completely, for me). Do you know who owns them, Juan?

(By the way, re trading alerts, BetOnMarkets have very good, prompt and reliable ones, in my experience).

Hi Roberto

This is from the bottom of their webpage;

TWOWAYSPREADS is owned by Mogul Media Ltd, a company authorised by the FSA to provide advice on spreadbetting, CFD's, futures. options and rolling spot foreign exchange. TwoWaySpreads uses the Finspreads platform and back office to carry out trading.

They have also had a CFD website for sometime now TwoWayTrade.com

I fell out with Finspreads because their platform kept going down for hours on end and could never get an answer as to when it would be up and running.

I just like trying new companies, CapitalSpreads are good but will see how this one goes.

I like the ability to place stops and limit orders it has.

they are a white label of finspreads

spreads appear the same(ish) (still worse than ours!) and i understand that fin spreads answer the phone etc under the two way name .

So ... no difference....

No problem really ....we also offer white label solutions as do some of the other SB companies the market is becoming global and you will find new companies all over the world who are actually clones of a UK SB company.

Simon

..hmm they offer realtime charting too - are the charts useful? They don't offer a demo account, but the 1p/point fins minimum applies for the first 8 weeks. Probably worth a closer look...

...i see they're based in Cranfield, where the TrendSignal chaps have an office. Their marketing questionnaire asks whether you use TrendSignal...interesting.

Hi Guy's

Maybe I can clear things a bit, twowaytrade, twowayfutures, twowayspreads are all the same company and run by a very nice chap called Jerry Miller and a few friends you can open an account for any of the three depending on what you wish to trade,

twowaytrade - CFD's

twowayfutures - Futures

twowayspreads - Spreadbetting

As far as I know they are not owned by finspreads but just use there trading platform, I also have an account with them and trade futures on an IB platform via twowayfutures.

The daily trade signals you are receiving is based on using TrendSignal which is a trading support system designed by a very good trader called Mark Sear you can if you wish purchase this system separately to aid your trading if you wish, it is available on an end of day or intra day bases.

I my self do use TrendSiganl intra day and would highly recommend it, you can view a 1 week trial at www.day-trader.tv

I have no connection with them other then as a client of twowayfutures and Trendsignal and do not gain financially by telling you this apart from making matters more clear.

Should anyone require more information I would be glad to share my experiences concerning the above.

Thanks You

Shameet

Sorry Simon I like CapitalSpreads but have to disagree, there is a difference.

TwoWayTrades offers free daily advice which neither CS or FS do, correct me if I am wrong.

This could be beneficial to a number of traders with limited knowledge/resources, it is early days yet and will see how it goes.

free daily advice?

from an SB company??

alarm bells....

still, open minds and all that......

As a rule, spreadbetting companies do not make money from you losing money!

Your trades are offset in the actual market to cover their risk. That way the SB company is not exposed to risk from clients making a shed load of money at their expense. So, you ca rest assured that brokers tips are not put out to lose you money.

adrianbuthee said:
As a rule, spreadbetting companies do not make money from you losing money!

Your trades are offset in the actual market to cover their risk. That way the SB company is not exposed to risk from clients making a shed load of money at their expense. So, you ca rest assured that brokers tips are not put out to lose you money.

maybe, maybe not. but i can guarantee that these tips are designed to increase trade turnover!!!!!!!!!

what is in it for them? why would they do it?

I don't believe it is there to generate more turnover, it's just a free advice sheet sent out to clients there is no hard sell, if you wish to take advantage of it that's up to you, I think brokers have learnt that they dont make money from clients burning out within 6 months so if they can help there clients stay in the game then everyone is a winner.
I dont see what's wrong in taking advice from a more experienced trader it a shame more brokers don't take note.

Shameet

I saw an advert for TwoWayFutures a few months ago and decided to call for a brochure and more information. It was a Saturday afternoon and a gentleman answered the phone, he apologised for the background noise and said it was due to the fact that his daughter was having her birthday party and then asked me to call back on the Monday.

Some may view that as being unprofessional and others may consider it a mickey mouse operation but, at least he was honest.

Some may view that as being unprofessional and others may consider it a mickey mouse operation but, at least he was honest.

Some may ask what do you expect on a Saturday afternoon.

actually the reason that we dont give advice is that the FSA specifically refuses SB companies permission to give any advice at all. We would love to be able to tell people that, possibly, buying June snow futures is a bad idea (!!) but we are not allowed to.

i am a bit surprised that apparently twowayspreads appear to be allowed to offer a spread betting service and offer advice. Maybe the FSA rules have changed. I am asking them at the moment what is the ruling on this as it seems a little wierd that the SB experts are refused permision to advise whilst a group made up of mainly non market professionals (though no doubt intelligent) are granted it.

Simon

FetteredChinos said:
free daily advice?
from an SB company??
alarm bells....
I think it can't be quite as simple as that. I'm absolutely astonished that they could be allowed to. There _must_ be more going on here than meets the eye?

capitalspreads said:
actually the reason that we dont give advice is that the FSA specifically refuses SB companies permission to give any advice at all. We would love to be able to tell people that, possibly, buying June snow futures is a bad idea (!!) but we are not allowed to.

i am a bit surprised that apparently twowayspreads appear to be allowed to offer a spread betting service and offer advice. Maybe the FSA rules have changed. I am asking them at the moment what is the ruling on this as it seems a little wierd that the SB experts are refused permision to advise whilst a group made up of mainly non market professionals (though no doubt intelligent) are granted it.

Simon

Hmmm, non market professionals. I think you'll find they are FSA registered and approved.

hello everyone

I can only apologise to the guys at twowayspreads by inferring that they were not 'market professionals'. Sometimes I can get a bit carried away. They appear to have rather more market experience than me! so humble pie is definately being eaten in this quarter.

They actually appeared rather a nice bunch.. so the other positive comments from people who have talked to them can be confirmed by me.

Simon

Ive been using the twowayfutures service (its via IB) for the last 6months and its been excellent. I would rather ring them than IB if i have a questions etc.. Also their daily newsletter is very information (recently re-designed - much better!)

Enzo (just a punter, not connected in anyway)