Proposal for poll: Which SB firms in use here?

montmorencyt2w

I propose to set up a poll to find out which of the SB firms are actually being used currently by SB members.

I'm not trying to find out what individuals use (unless they care to tell us).
I just want to find out which firms are the most used and least used.

First I want to make sure I've got all the firms' names:

Accendo
Barclays,
Cantor Index
Capital Spreads
City Index
CMC Markets
Dealing Desk
Delta Index
ETX Capital
FinancialSpreads
Finspreads
FXCM
Gekko Global Markets (formerly VDM)
GFT UK
IG Index
Interactive Investor
Intertrader
JN Financial
MFGlobal
Natwest
Paddy Power
PipTrade
Prospreads (formerly Futuresbetting)
RBS
Sandwich Spreads
Saxospreads
Selftrade
Shorts and Longs
Smart Live Markets
Spreadex
SpreadCo
TD Waterhouse (Formerly E*Trade)
Tradefair
Twowayspreads
WinSpreads
Worldspreads

Any more?

Please do not discuss the merits or otherwise of the firms here.
There are other threads for that, or you can start one.

Last edited:
MF Global, curious as to why?

Thanks for the name; I hadn't spotted them. Why the poll do you mean?
Just curiousity really. Mostly we only get complaints here, so it's hard to get feedback about people who are just quietly getting on using firms and not complaining. People might respond to a poll, who might not otherwise post. Also it might unearth some names, like the one you just named, unknown to some of us.

No other reason; certainly not a commercial reason :)
(I know people have joked about setting up a white label, but it's not something I'd be doing any time soon :) ).

I think Accendo is GFT, Barclays is City Index, RBS and Natwest are CMC. TD Waterhouse is City, too.

Cheers Ross. As I have just commented, I am listing, e.g., the LCG white labels separately, so these can also be listed separately. I want to see the names people are trading with, e.g. which of the LCG labels is most used, etc.

EDIT:It wasn't part of the original idea, but maybe we can have something in there (not in the actual poll, but in the thread) showing a sort of "map" of who owns what, or who is a white label of whom, etc.

EDIT: I am also interested in, for example, who trades SB and trading/futures or Forex accounts, and who only ever trades SB. Also who trades SB and CFD, or who only trades CFD.

I think I will play with the poll in the "sandpit" before I try it live, to try to make sure it is not too unwieldly.

Thanks Tar. Nothing new under the sun I see. Well, no harm in getting an up to date list.
Also, I am showing e.g. LCG labels separately (if the polling mechanism will handle this growing number!).

Make it multiple choice , better .

Thanks for the name; I hadn't spotted them. Why the poll do you mean?
Just curiousity really. Mostly we only get complaints here, so it's hard to get feedback about people who are just quietly getting on using firms and not complaining. People might respond to a poll, who might not otherwise post. Also it might unearth some names, like the one you just named, unknown to some of us.

No other reason; certainly not a commercial reason :)
(I know people have joked about setting up a white label, but it's not something I'd be doing any time soon :) ).

Just quietly getting on using firms and not complaining.

GFT - Gave up on due to overly complicated, non user friendly platform, which would crash on me. The last straw was the inactivity charge/fine. Shame I liked some of the features.

ETX - Like

IG - I use the most. Happy with, occasionally I am reminded that they are not just brokers, not because of poor fills or clandestine operations but due to widening spreads, ability to dictate leverage, telephone only fills, the choice of instruments offered at spots and futures. Their choices of changing spreads within differing instruments and the respective spreads within spots and futures. I feel as though the drawbridge is pulled up slightly to suit them due to prevailing market conditions. I do feel though that any impact this has on me is coincidental and their main concern is the impact of market conditions on their company directive objectives.

I am sure exactly the same would happen in a non SB environment, only I would not be so subject to paranoia due to a public perception of a more transparent business model.

Due to your post I have gone out of my way to find fault, I would say I am mostly happy with no complaints.

Last edited:
Just quietly getting on using firms and not complaining.

GFT - Gave up on due to overly complicated, non user friendly platform, which would crash on me. The last straw was the inactivity charge/fine. Shame I liked some of the features.

ETX - Like

IG - I use the most. Happy with, occasionally I am reminded that they are not just brokers, not because of poor fills or clandestine operations but due to widening spreads, ability to dictate leverage, telephone only fills, the choice of instruments offered at spots and futures. Their choices of changing spreads within differing instruments and the respective spreads within spots and futures. I feel as though the drawbridge is pulled up slightly to suit them due to prevailing market conditions. I do feel though that any impact this has on me is coincidental and their main concern is the impact of market conditions on their company directive objectives.

I am sure exactly the same would happen in a non SB environment, only I would not be so subject to paranoia due to a public perception of a more transparent business model.

Due to your post I have gone out of my way to find fault, I would say I am mostly happy with no complaints.

Thanks Jason. The poll is now up and (?)working(?). Please vote as well if you haven't.

BTW, I'll probably not be online much in next 2 weeks, so if you don't see any responses to this or the poll thread, it's not because I have lost interest. I'll pick it up when I get back.

Thanks to those who have voted.