New Olympic sports

I feel sorry for Paula. She looks like she's on the edge.

What the heck did they all get up to in Cyprus?

Is it true that Paula " The Quitter" Radcliffe has enterd the men's javelin after Steve Backley promised to cut one of his spears in half just for her ?

Rumour also has it that in future she will enter the 5,000 metres but only after her psychiatrist assures her that she is really running in the 10,000 metres.

Torch said:
Olympic daydreaming!
(FX newbies guaranteed gold individual and team medals.).
That's not quite the reality Torch. Most of our athletes had been competing extremely well against these other world-class competitors in recent events.

We had every justification for expecting them to do well. Far better than they have in general.

We had every justification for expecting them to do well. Far better than they have in general.

This statement shows that you know very little or nothing at all about sport / athletics at such a high level. Team GB is generally considered to have done rather better than expected and I believe we have just about exceeded our achievement in Sydney which was not expected to happen.

Salty Gibbon said:
This statement shows that you know very little or nothing at all about sport / athletics at such a high level. Team GB is generally considered to have done rather better than expected and I believe we have just about exceeded our achievement in Sydney which was not expected to happen.
Salty if I knew nothing about it I wouldn't have been able to make ANY comment. As for knowing little, possibly. But that's a comparative statement. Little compared with what or who?

Perhaps it was my use of the word 'general'. OK, IMO, I expected our track & field to do better than they did based on their recent, pre-Olympic performance. 'Scuse me.

New Olympic Sport - Defending personal opinion from personal attack.

No wonder you enjoyed that tedious book, " Trading in the Zone".

Tedium would appear to be your forte.

New Olympic Sport - Speed reading " Trading in the Zone".

Lol

SALTY v THE BRAMBLE :D

Attachments

• 18_2_100.gif
    18_2_100.gif
    7.2 KB · Views: 417
Who's going to win the gold?

How many points each do they have and which round is it?Lol

And by the way, Tony Bramble and myself are the best of mates.

It was just an exhibition bout.

I was just about to make the winning comment in this contest when someone in Greek national dress jumped into the ring and stopped me. Still, I don't mind having Silver to Salty's Gold.

nuts

interesting scenario in mens marathon,seems leader was assaulted by some serial nut and only finished third as a result !!.just goes to show ,expect the unexpected. :rolleyes:
by the way bout declared draw. :cheesy:

dunlop said:
by the way bout declared draw. :cheesy:
Salty and me regard your decision as the epitomy of the spirit of the Games.

(But I reckon I had the edge before the Gaelic cleric jumped me....)

pardon

pardon sir, cleric jumped you!! :eek: . new Olympic sport has just being born! :LOL: cleric jumping :devilish: