New Livermore biography - 10 free review books for T2W members

Sharky

Staff
David Peett from the Myrtle Press (http://www.themyrtlepress.com/) has kindly offered T2W members a free review copy of a new biography of Jesse Livermore, arguably the world's greatest stock trader.

The first 10 T2W members to reply to this thread (and afterwards send me by private message their name and address) will get a free review copy. Only conditions are you have to be in the UK and willing to give David some feedback about the book (either positive or negative, all welcome!)

And for those interested here's the press release:

New Livermore biography released

Marks anniversary of 1907, 1929, 1987 and 2008 market crashes

A new biography of Jesse Livermore, the world’s greatest share trader, is released today to mark the anniversary of 1907, 1929, 1987 and 2008 stock market crashes that all occurred in October in those four years.

The biography entitled Jesse Livermore- Boy Plunger is the first cradle to grave comprehensive biography of the great share trader who committed suicide in 1940. He holds the distinction as the man who made $100 million in a week and then lost it all almost as quickly.

Comprising of 42 chapters the story starts at the end of the American Civil War and goes right up to the outbreak of World War II, the most exciting period in American history when fortunes were won and lost on Wall Street as a matter of routine Livermore himself made and lost three great fortunes in his 63 years on earth.

His greatest achievement was selling $450 million of shares short in a few weeks in October and cashing out less than a week later $100 million richer. October 1929 was marked by three Black days, Black Thursday 24th, Black Monday 28th and Black Tuesday 29th when hundreds of thousands of people were ruined.

Livermore returned home to his wife on the evening of the 29th to find his family distraught as they believed he like everyone else was ruined. Instead he told them that far from being ruined he was now one of the richest men in the world with a $100 million fortune, adjusted for inflation this is the most money ever made by any individual in a period of seven days. This is the story of that man.

AUTHOR: Tom Rubython - His previous biographies include Life of Senna -Ayrton Senna (sales to date 120,000) Shunt – James Hunt (sales to date 36,000) And God Created Burton – Richard Burton (sales to date 12,000). Rubython has been a journalist all his life in the world of magazines and newspapers graduating to biography writing ten years ago. He is the former editor of BusinessAge, EuroBusiness, Spectator Business, BusinessF1 and F1 Magazine.

FOREWORD: Paul Tudor Jones – Who made his first fortune shorting shares in the October 1987 crash using the methods of Jesse Livermore and is 345th richest man in the world according to Forbes magazine who put his net worth at $5 billion. Much of his wealth supports the Robin Hood Foundation he founded The Foundation is unique in that 100% of donations are spent directly on good causes. Fortune magazine calls it: “One of the most innovative and influential philanthropic organisations of our time.”

Hardback £19.50 400 pages 32 pages photographs - Publication date: Thursday 23rd October 2014

Boy Plunger Jesse Livermore: The Man Who Sold America Short in 1929

ISBN: 978-0957060579

Available from Waterstones, Amazon and all good bookshops

David Peett from the Myrtle Press (http://www.themyrtlepress.com/) has kindly offered T2W members a free review copy of a new biography of Jesse Livermore, arguably the world's greatest stock trader.

The first 10 T2W members to reply to this thread (and afterwards send me by private message their name and address) will get a free review copy. Only conditions are you have to be in the UK and willing to give David some feedback about the book (either positive or negative, all welcome!)

And for those interested here's the press release:

Sign me up please! Didn't Livermore know a thing or two about trading?

Purchased and loved his book "How to trade in stocks"....

Sign me up please Sharky....

Hi there,

Sounds like a great read, but time's a lackin - Its got to be the film version for me ;)

Ta

A sad story

A profitable trader ? Not even close ...

"Through unknown mechanisms, he yet again lost much of his trading capital, accumulated through 1929. Thus, on March 7, 1934, the bankrupt Livermore was automatically suspended as a member of the Chicago Board of Trade. It was never disclosed to anyone what happened to the great fortune he had made in the crash of 1929, but he had lost it all. "

......and as for that useless Warren Buffett, fancy investing all that money in Tesco......why read anything about him.........alternatively you could read and learn from both his positive actions and maybe even his mistakes.....we all learn from both successes and failures and if we can learn from other people's failures we can avoid them without committing the same errors ourselves....so yes, I'm looking forward to reading the Livermore book and will contribute some thoughts about it afterwards.
Maybe it would make an interesting t2w thread reading all the reviewers' thoughts.

Unless my counting is wrong, I've got one more copy to give away. First reply from the UK gets it!

Think the life story sounds more interesting than the trading.

His 2nd wife her 4 previous husbands killed them selves.

Son killed the dog, charged with attempted murder of a police officer and then killed himself.

So, just like a normal day on "Brookside" then ...

......and as for that useless Warren Buffett, fancy investing all that money in Tesco......why read anything about him.........alternatively you could read and learn from both his positive actions and maybe even his mistakes.....we all learn from both successes and failures and if we can learn from other people's failures we can avoid them without committing the same errors ourselves....so yes, I'm looking forward to reading the Livermore book and will contribute some thoughts about it afterwards.
Maybe it would make an interesting t2w thread reading all the reviewers' thoughts

Take it a step further....how about Sharky gets on to more trading book sellers and readers review each one in a new thread. :)

That's actually a really great idea! Let me fire off a couple of emails now and see if there's any interest from the publishers/booksellers.