New here, need some advice

jardantuan

I've done a fair bit of reading on share trading, and I've decided I'd like to give it a go. But the company I want to buy shares in (Nintendo) is on a foreign market and I've not been able to find a broker to buy the shares through (I'm UK based).

I'd appreciate some help from someone who's been in my situation - how can I find a broker that will let me buy the shares I want, and is there a particular broker that is better than others?

Cheers in advance.

have you tried checking brokers like Interactive Brokers? find brokers that allow you to trade worldwide shares.

I don't have access to a huge amount of money - I'm only looking at investing £1000 or so since I don't want to fund it outside of my savings. Unfortunately IB wanted a minimum deposit of $10000 so they aren't an option.

What I'm looking for is a broker that lets me trade worldwide shares without needing a large initial deposit - I just haven't been able to find one yet.

I'm the same, live in the UK but would like to invest in foreign markets
Have you tried CFDs? Exactly the same to all intents, only the commission costs can be quite costly if you intend to hold for long periods. But still very flexible.
I only hold shares for 10%, then I'm out so I don't hold on that long.

However, selftrade will allow you to buy shares in other markets. Thats who I use.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've done a fair bit of reading on share trading, and I've decided I'd like to give it a go. But the company I want to buy shares in (Nintendo) is on a foreign market and I've not been able to find a broker to buy the shares through (I'm UK based).

I'd appreciate some help from someone who's been in my situation - how can I find a broker that will let me buy the shares I want, and is there a particular broker that is better than others?

Cheers in advance.

I would recommend you limit yourself to Markets you can invest in directly at home

why make it more difficult than it is ?

and you remove Exrate exposure.........:smart:

N