New Frontiers in technical analysis

One good way to get traders to use words like 'BOLLOX' is to start talking about MOON CYCLES' So, here we go then.... oh,and bear in mind the 'RULE OF TEN' :)

JULY 15--- 933.9 (high)--- last quarter
JULY 22--- 954.0 (close)--- new moon

JULY 28--- 982.3 (high)--- first quarter
AUGUST 6--- 992.4 (low)--- full moon
AUGUST 13--- 1012.7 (close)--- last quarter

AUGUST 20--- 996.3 (low)--- new moon
AUGUST 27--- 1016.2 (low)--- first quarter
SEPT 4--- 1016.4 (high)--- full moon
SEPT 12--- ????? --- last quarter

Ok,don't like the moon huh.? Dump the moon,,,right,it's ok now,i have removed the blasted thing. Let's just count days. I assume nobody has any objections to multiples of 3?
Shall we include R-10 again?:) (rounding off the decimal place)

Begin at AUGUST 19 -996,3 days later-1036, 3 days later-1016,3 days later-996,3 days later-1016,3 days later-?????

Now,neither of the above tests are extensive,not conclusive at all,i'll grant you that:whistling but,whenever i smell something coming from the kitchen,i like to see what's cooking.... know what i mean? nudge nudge,wink wink,say no more squire,saaaay no more:D

Now put the 2 together.....

Last edited:
No.Sorry.But think in terms of geometric simplicity.Sorry to be deliberately vague but otherwise bit by bit the details will get dragged out of me....

I am assuming that you know what a fractual is and are asking me to give info on what mine look like.But for anyone who doesn't know what a fractual is.Google Mandelbrot. Think of a caulifower.any piece of which looks the same as the whole,just a smaller version.

You mean a fractal

Fractal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, I must say that most other things have been tried in the attempt to find a suitable trading style, even astrology, so we might as well give mathematics a try, too.

What I object to, in the use of mathematics, though, is that it attempts to bring the field down to precision. That is misleading because trading, in my view, is anything but a precise form.

Mitsubishi is trying to establish a form of trading distinct from TA but the fact is that we need TA to see what we are doing. I do, anyway, and I fear that maths is not what is needed, in the same way that all the formulas in navigation will not work without a chart, but a ship can be navigated by chartwork and geometric lines.

One good way to get traders to use words like 'BOLLOX' is to start talking about MOON CYCLES' So, here we go then.... oh,and bear in mind the 'RULE OF TEN' :)

JULY 15--- 933.9 (high)--- last quarter
JULY 22--- 954.0 (close)--- new moon

JULY 28--- 982.3 (high)--- first quarter
AUGUST 6--- 992.4 (low)--- full moon
AUGUST 13--- 1012.7 (close)--- last quarter

AUGUST 20--- 996.3 (low)--- new moon
AUGUST 27--- 1016.2 (low)--- first quarter
SEPT 4--- 1016.4 (high)--- full moon
SEPT 12--- ????? --- last quarter
LOL.

All quite unique in being textbook non-swing Highs and non-swing Lows.

In case anyone wonders what the Rule of Ten is - it's the minimum dilation in cms of the cervix before a woman in labour is recommended to start pushing...I can see the connection...

Good luck with your geometric solving of 'fractuals' :LOL:

Misibishi, you should watch the movie "pi". You remind me of that guy except you're not at all as smart, and are more delusional.

Sept 10th- 1006 is possible geometrical,mathmatical and cycle (3 trading days from sept 4th 1016.4) If that did happen then 1001.7 is possible on sept 11th,same reasons as above (6 trading days from 991.9) Only problem is,the market doesn't look like it wants to go down...and i am short.I suppose if i am consistently wrong you can always fade me:)

I am long...

One of us is going to be wrong ;)

...And in quite a big way judging by the state of this price action.

I'm looking to close 50% at 3.050 (38% fib ret of last daily swing) and rest at 3.200 (daily support expected to become resistance). Entry was 2.721. Stop now at 2.650. Sorry for derailing the thread just wanted to follow up on this. Cheers, Tom

Emotions!??:eek: Not a bit of it. I am short because i believe that is the right side to be, regardless if there is a minor swing against me.You are waiting for more conformation.That's good.Less risk.If i am right,i will be exiting my 3rd contract while you are about to act.That sounds excellent to me:)x Sorry if i sound cocky,you will get your satisfaction by seeing the market give me a good kicking in public!

Are you still holding those short cars?

I'm looking to close 50% at 3.050 (38% fib ret of last daily swing) and rest at 3.200 (daily support expected to become resistance). Entry was 2.721. Stop now at 2.650. Sorry for derailing the thread just wanted to follow up on this. Cheers, Tom

I'm out now.

Attachments

• ng.gif
    ng.gif
    22.1 KB · Views: 174
Are you still holding those short cars?

I did some more research and added 3 more contracts short at 1048.I closed 2 of those at 1038 today.This is my reasoning.Based on a 6 day cycle 1038 (AUG 25) 998 (1/2ND SEPT) 1048 (SEPT 11).
There is a mathmatical formula i have noticed in the past.The 3 prices above,when calculated in a certain way,gives you 1008.And if the cycle continues,then a low is due next monday SEPT 21.This may be why i called for lower prices a week early.
The 998 price was the close on the 5th day of the cycle and there is no distance in time between close/open following day.BUT,if you use the low on the 6th day(SEPT 2ND)991.9 instead,then the predicted price would adjust to 1001.9.
I used this method to predict 998 recently when the index was at 1038**.So it was plain dumb of me to forget the cycle and start shorting too early.However,at that time there was geometry involved and there is none this time.Just the maths and the cycle.As i said before,there is more to learn,but there is lot's of past evidence that i am onto something.
The index appears to like R-10 prices ending in 8 this year.Easy to check for yourself.Just keep counting back every 6 days from 1048 on SEPT 11.
How tradable is all this?...i guess it's all in the eye of the beholder.I may be pretty slow with maths etc,but deluded?...no harm in continuing the investigation.

** 1018 (AUG 7) 978 (AUG 17) 1038 (AUG 25) = 998 (SEPT 2)

Short 1013 with 3 contracts ist target 993 2nd target 983 3rd target 973 stop 1039.

'Short 1013 with 3 contracts ist target 993 2nd target 983 3rd target 973 stop 1039.

that a change of trend is due and EXACTLY where price will be at an EXACT time in the future.This is determined by geometry and confirmed by maths.The market is in constant flux and there are always signals of varying intensity and alternative scenarios can play out,but they are equally perfect maths/geometry.
As i said before,alternative destinations by train MUST follow the tracks.That is how the market intrinsically works.

Now you are saying you didn't do that, you changed your mind and are telling us AFTER the event that your original call wasn't followed through.

You have to admit, sounds a bit dodgy.

I did some more research and added 3 more contracts short at 1048.I closed 2 of those at 1038 today.This is my reasoning.Based on a 6 day cycle 1038 (AUG 25) 998 (1/2ND SEPT) 1048 (SEPT 11).
There is a mathmatical formula i have noticed in the past.The 3 prices above,when calculated in a certain way,gives you 1008.And if the cycle continues,then a low is due next monday SEPT 21.This may be why i called for lower prices a week early.
The 998 price was the close on the 5th day of the cycle and there is no distance in time between close/open following day.BUT,if you use the low on the 6th day(SEPT 2ND)991.9 instead,then the predicted price would adjust to 1001.9.
I used this method to predict 998 recently when the index was at 1038**.So it was plain dumb of me to forget the cycle and start shorting too early.However,at that time there was geometry involved and there is none this time.Just the maths and the cycle.As i said before,there is more to learn,but there is lot's of past evidence that i am onto something.
The index appears to like R-10 prices ending in 8 this year.Easy to check for yourself.Just keep counting back every 6 days from 1048 on SEPT 11.
How tradable is all this?...i guess it's all in the eye of the beholder.I may be pretty slow with maths etc,but deluded?...no harm in continuing the investigation.

** 1018 (AUG 7) 978 (AUG 17) 1038 (AUG 25) = 998 (SEPT 2)

ouch :-0

....calls are for chumps
.... entries/exits/stops can be posted before price hits them....

.... there is no point whatsoever in making a call....
.... it doesn't help you profit.... and it doesn't help anyone else profit....
.... and calls don't help anyone learn anything either.....