New Forecasting Technique

Hill Farmer

As there is so little on the TA BB, I would like to share a new method with all of you.

crystal3.gif

Pigsy, is the BB able to pick-up .gif files? Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hill Farmer:
As there is so little on the TA BB, I would like to share a new method with all of you.

crystal3.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Hill, it certainly does pick up gifs - but you need to make sure the link is valid. If you try that link for the gif in a browser it asks for your MSN web community login, that's why it doesn't work. YOu need to make sure the gif is stored somewhere you don't need to be logged in to access. Hence the earlier problem with an ADVFN chart not working.

Cheers,
Piggs.

Thank's pigsy. So, what you are saying is that I need to put my files an a site that does not use browsers?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pigsy:
Hi Hill, it certainly does pick up gifs - but you need to make sure the link is valid. If you try that link for the gif in a browser it asks for your MSN web community login, that's why it doesn't work. YOu need to make sure the gif is stored somewhere you don't need to be logged in to access. Hence the earlier problem with an ADVFN chart not working.

Cheers,
Piggs.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also, isn't 'harrythecat' accessed via browser. I also had trouble linking to that site, but managed on a previous occasion. Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pigsy:

Cheers,
Piggs.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, just testing the link. Please ignore. It'a a 'harrythecat' link that worked on the stop loss thread.

gfield2.gif

Cheers,
Piggs.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hill,

Just to clear up the confusion, the image needs to be accessible from a web site which does not require you to login ( but it must be accessible from a browser). To test any image, just open up your browser and go to the url. If it asks for a login before seeing the image.. then using the image in a post won't work (because you have to be logged in to access the page it resides on). Sometimes, sites use cookies (which reside on your computer) which store information about you, so you don't have to login - as it gets the info from the cookie on your computer. That's when it can get confusing because although you don't get a login prompt, everyone else does if they havent been to the site and registered.

Hope this helps to explain.

Cheers,
Pigsy.

Pigsy, got it! Thanks.

Hill,

Just to clear up the confusion, the image needs to be accessible from a web site which does not require you to login ( but it must be accessible from a browser). To test any image, just open up your browser and go to the url. If it asks for a login before seeing the image.. then using the image in a post won't work (because you have to be logged in to access the page it resides on). Sometimes, sites use cookies (which reside on your computer) which store information about you, so you don't have to login - as it gets the info from the cookie on your computer. That's when it can get confusing because although you don't get a login prompt, everyone else does if they havent been to the site and registered.

Hope this helps to explain.

Cheers,
Pigsy.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK Hill, I'll cross your palm with silver... if you give me a stock that'll be a ten-bagger before Christmas!

Ok, but I'm still studying the cloudy ball.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Double Six:
OK Hill, I'll cross your palm with silver... if you give me a stock that'll be a ten-bagger before Christmas!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aha! I've twigged it... Hill is the guy who set up the internet site for buying lucky heather.

Curses, he beat me to it!!