new charting package across the Marketmaker platform.

Camelot
Rang D4F technical dept. this morning and they confirmed that update applies only to CFD clients.
They did suggest that Spread betting clients would receive the update eventually

Anyone tried it in anger yet

I had moved from deal4free CFD's to IB with Sierra charts for better charting but i am now fed up with the fact IB don't give historical data as it makes the charting side too much like hard work. I guess i could just fork out a few hundred a month on Esignal etc but as i only trade part time the additional cost is fairly high.

As i say would love to know if the new Marketmaker stuff is any good as i might just move back over, also nice to have the FX anf CFD stuff all in one platform.

IB's trader workstation is no doubt a good platform for some but for just general order placement with stops etc it is a bit heavy going.

awoodj said:
I had moved from deal4free CFD's to IB with Sierra charts for better charting but i am now fed up with the fact IB don't give historical data as it makes the charting side too much like hard work. I guess i could just fork out a few hundred a month on Esignal etc but as i only trade part time the additional cost is fairly high.

As i say would love to know if the new Marketmaker stuff is any good as i might just move back over, also nice to have the FX anf CFD stuff all in one platform.

IB's trader workstation is no doubt a good platform for some but for just general order placement with stops etc it is a bit heavy going.

Have you seen Tahoe Charts for Brokers? It can use IB's data feed, and back it with eSignal's historical data. Plus you get a great charting program to boot! http://www.tahoecharts.com

D4F spreadbet charts are going nuts over last few days. I keep getting sharp spikes on the FTSE, DAX
and some currencies. Can only use the 1 minute charts now.
I hope the new charting package is introduce soon and has a more reliable dated feed.

Last edited:
I emailed D4F.....

hi, i notice a new charting package for cfd...could you let me know if you
have plans for spreadbetting account and the date ...thanks

the reply from D4F

Dear Client,

There are new charts coming out for spreadbet shortly but we do not have a
release date as yet.

If you have any problems at all in the future, please do not hesitate to
get back in touch by phone or e-mail, the details can be found below.
Alternatively you can go to www.cmchelp.com where most of your questions
and queries can be answered.

........HMMMM......

New charts

Been using them now for a few days in my CFD account , i like them and they are definitely a big improvement on the old charts. I was using IB with Sierra charts and found that managing the data was too much of a pain.

One thing i would like to be able to do (if it is there i have not figured out how to do it) is to be able to restrict the data used in the charts to normal trading hours eg 2:30-9PM UK time for the Dow30 so i can see overnight gaps etc, as it is you see all the out of hours data which is useful but it would also be nice to see charts without it.

How far back do the charts go, I was told only 200 bars is that correct?

Don't think so at least not on the US30 or FT100, just looked at them and you can go back at least 5 years on a daily/weekly chart. The data quality might be a bit suspect further back as i notice a few big spikes in there.

awoodj said:
Don't think so at least not on the US30 or FT100, just looked at them and you can go back at least 5 years on a daily/weekly chart. The data quality might be a bit suspect further back as i notice a few big spikes in there.

Cheers how far back doe sit go on 10 5 and 1 minutes? and how many bars can u display on screen at 1 time

Does anyone know if it's possible to 'scroll' through a portfolio of charts using this new CFD charting facility?

Also, can specific chart indicators be set to default?

Using D4F's old charting software to scan through 100 shares for daily setups was impossible because scrolling didn't work and the default setup wasn't what I wanted.

I don't think you can scroll through a series of charts (Omnitrader is the easiest i have seen for this)

As for indicators you can save a chart with these on but i don't think you can make them come up as default on new charts. (but never really tried that hard either)

Still waiting after 6 months for D4F spreadbet up grade their charts to Prorealtime platform.
Their CFD and Forex trading platform must have the same data feed and problems like this morning?