New Ad Banner Obscures Menu Options

TheBramble

Legendary member
The Ad Banner that appears between the 'User CP' line of menu drop down options and the next line of menu options 'View New Thread' - obscures the drop down list from above.

I.E. 'Quick Links' drop down goes behind the Ad Banner.

PLUS

I've just spent 15 mins typing a post (not this one - I can type faster than that!) only to have it ask me to re-login - with the loss of my post.

Time for that long coffee-break me thinks...

TheBramble said:
The Ad Banner that appears between the 'User CP' line of menu drop down options and the next line of menu options 'View New Thread' - obscures the drop down list from above.

I.E. 'Quick Links' drop down goes behind the Ad Banner

This is browser-related. What web browser are you using?

Visit this page and try dragging the grey element on the upper right over the inline frame element. If the grey element displays under the inline frame, the problem is your browser.

A quick check shows the menus displaying over the google ad inline frame in
  • Firefox 0.8 (Linux)
  • Firefox 0.9.1 (Windows XP)
  • IE6 (Windows XP)
and the menus displaying under in
  • Konquerer 3.2.2 (Linux)

Since Konqueor doesn't work, I'd guess that Safari on OSX has the same problem.

I'm using IE6 and have been for ages. Nothing's changed on my m/c.

The draggable element works just fine on the sample page you provide.

All of them!

I have no idea what type. Just the one that appears between the two blue menu option bands.

Iskandar, these problems along with the re-login requests, search problems etc are not just being experienced by me.

We seem to have a buggy release that has got a fair bit of regression bugs in it. I don't think the testing has been as thorough as in previous releases.

Can we rollback to the last working version?

EDIT: Seems to be the Flash banner only. Image and others seems OK. I think!

Last edited:
Tony,

Any chance of posting a screenshot then it will be clear what the issue is ?

Paul

Word doc attached. Just taken it. 'Quick Links' drop down menu behind ad banner.

BTW - is there a simpler way to attach a screen shot than pasting it into word?

Attachments

• menu.doc
    222 KB · Views: 380
Bramble- hit "print screen" key . ( copies to clipboard). Open up paint or paint shop pro and select "paste. You can then crop to size and save as gif or whatever. HTH.

Thanks Martin. I'll give it a go.

Attachments

• menu.gif
    menu.gif
    99.5 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
Thanks to TheBramble and everyone else for their help in identifying this problem.

After some minor hair-pulling, we have committed a fix to the banner-serving code. The fix has been tested in IE6 and Firefox (Windows). If the menus are still displaying underneath the banner in your browser, please send me a pm with your browser, version and os.

This issue was unrelated to the recent maintenance.

I'm getting the problem with Opera 7.23 on W2K.

Attachments

• t2w.gif
    t2w.gif
    76.1 KB · Views: 273