Never trade against the Trend ?

Dinos

Veteren member
4,112 713
Interesting charts Dinos, what are we actually looking at indicator wise? I'm guessing HA bars and a coloured zone between 2 MA's?
Correct HA bars, chart is PA from 3 time frames slow, medium and fast, PRT wrote me a bespoke set up, that allows me to select the upper and lower time frames and set as a zone, trading off the HA candles is the medium PA, into the zone where both the slower and faster PA is established. Pattern trading the HA is a critical component. Hope that makes sense.

Reactions: Dowser

Dinos

Veteren member
4,112 713
Dino, a change of HA candle color can show up anywhere only to be followed by a return to previous color, and trend. I don't see the reliable entry in those charts you posted? Would you clarify to this dummy? :)
With all due respect, No, please read up on HA candles and their operation, ther's plenty of info on the net. :)

Reactions: neil

wisefoolx

258 9
Using the above Jo, the USD?JPN you traded, green arrow (notice the pattern) where an entry long should have being taken, the red arrow is where you went short.
Gosh , that is a dumb place to go short , I mean if you're trading withoout a stoploss then your at least your entry points have got to be sharp.

piphoe

Legendary member
10,038 194
With all due respect, No, please read up on HA candles and their operation, ther's plenty of info on the net. :)
ok, fair enough. you use them in the conventional manner then i assume?

i WILL review this. thx for bringing to my attention anew

darktone

Veteren member
3,917 1,000
Gosh , that is a dumb place to go short , I mean if you're trading withoout a stoploss then your at least your entry points have got to be sharp.
Not so much, you just need to know how to trade. Joe dunno how to trade :D

darktone

Veteren member
3,917 1,000
Correct HA bars, chart is PA from 3 time frames slow, medium and fast, PRT wrote me a bespoke set up, that allows me to select the upper and lower time frames and set as a zone, trading off the HA candles is the medium PA, into the zone where both the slower and faster PA is established. Pattern trading the HA is a critical component. Hope that makes sense.
Are you always trading the green / red Dinos? Or do you look to position in the opposite colour on smaller time frames in the direction of the primary trend? If that makes sense lol

EnlightenedJoe

Experienced member
1,950 95
Really? are you sure, spot the repetitious PA pattern?, whoops, it shouldn't happen, but a reality check for you Joe, it does, you just need to know what you are doing backed up by 15 years full time experience as a trader.
There is no evidence you are trading. If your charts work, you should have no trouble calling a trade and make money from it. So what is stopping you, what terrifies you ?

I already said I don't care for your "system" you have no need to explain it. It will save you worrying anyone getting a free ride.

Whatever you have, it's cr*p compared to mine. Today my approach gives me 40% annualised account return paid in daily instalments for just sitting and smiling. So can you see why no one has anything I could possibly want ?

EnlightenedJoe

Experienced member
1,950 95
My bigfoot in shed said darkie missed one of the charts he has been working on. Mind, this is preliminary work in progress, just a rough sketch. He has more devious plans ahead. Clever this bigfoot of mine.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dinos

Veteren member
4,112 713
There is no evidence you are trading. If your charts work, you should have no trouble calling a trade and make money from it. So what is stopping you, what terrifies you ?

I already said I don't care for your "system" you have no need to explain it. It will save you worrying anyone getting a free ride.

Whatever you have, it's cr*p compared to mine. Today my approach gives me 40% annualised account return paid in daily instalments for just sitting and smiling. So can you see why no one has anything I could possibly want ?
You do talk absolute cr*p, still holding your USD/JPN Joe?, now over 200 points adrift from your first trade, and over a 100 offside from your second trade, both trades completely against the trend. And you expect us to believe you get a 40% annual return :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:.

As for me making a live call, I have done hundreds on here over the years, I have nothing to hide, at least I have the honesty to say when I made a duffer of a trade. So how far offside are you going to go before the grey matter between your ears finally tells you, you fooked it up. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

EnlightenedJoe

Experienced member
1,950 95
You do talk absolute cr*p, still holding your USD/JPN Joe?, now over 200 points adrift from your first trade, and over a 100 offside from your second trade, both trades completely against the trend. And you expect us to believe you get a 40% annual return :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:.

As for me making a live call, I have done hundreds on here over the years, I have nothing to hide, at least I have the honesty to say when I made a duffer of a trade. So how far offside are you going to go before the grey matter between your ears finally tells you, you fooked it up. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
Well, if you can't call then you can't trade. I can think of no other reason. If you can't trade then there's not much point continuing this discussion.

100 off side, so what ? It is within my tolerance, and my daily returns will cover it quickly.

Dinos

Veteren member
4,112 713
100 off side, so what ? It is within my tolerance, and my daily returns will cover it quickly.
What about the one that's 200 offside or have you forgot about that one.

Can't ars*d with you, clearly, you have no idea what your on about, and are aggressive in your response, when people are trying to give you good solid advice regard trading with the trend, closing losing trades rapidly and letting winning trades run.

Daily USD/JPN still up (chart 1)
Todays 5 min chart, showing 2 trades into the prevailing trend (Chart 2)

Both trades +20 moves, whilst you still hanging on for a hope and a prayer, For your trade that is +200 offside, using a standard R/R1:2 are your targeting a -400 fall from this point?, I assume you will ignore this question.

Good luck, whilst you flap around attempting to "impress" people, I'm going back into the shadows and focus on making money, I know I will (and with the trend) :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Goodbye

Attachments

Reactions: Atilla