Negotiating the Spread for bigger positions

give IG a call and ask them if they'll let you have a g stop on half a million shares (£5k a point) of KAH and let me know what they say :)

I would say however that relative to the average sb punter a £25k position is big.

Shortsell - how did you get round the 50k insurance issue when you were dealing with the big hitters? Right now I spread it about to keep under - but one day (hopefully) that wont be possible.

I wouldnt want funds uninsured in a SB account.

Thanks,
Rob

I think it's 85k now.
Also, what does DMA have to do with his position size????
I wish I had DMA... I'd be rich by now.... LOL

well it's difficult because on my desk, which was set up specifically to handle that sort of business, high.

in the context of the overall client base, the % was much lower, but the % of revenue would have been higher, as you would expect.

So iyo are the truly privateer big hitters (that have grown with the SB industry over the past ten years) as rare a beast as I've been lead to believe and that most of the big ticxket businees actually comes from within the sq. mile, or those who have retired, semi retired or moved on to a quieter life? Always the exception, such as Mike Ashley obviously..

I read somewhere that the 80-20 rule fits quite nicely within the client profile of SB firms; 80 % of the biz coming from 20% of the client base..that your experience?

yes, that would be broadly fair - although exact numbers are hard to pin down (though there are studies about that give it a pretty good stab). if somene has an sb account and has placed one bet/trade in the last 5 years, is it reasonable to include them in the customer count?

but whatever the parameters, as you say, it's the same as any other business in that there are some clients who reliably provide more of your revenue than others. i think that's the diplomatic way to put it...

Last edited: