Need Simple Simulation Software

RobbC

Need Help.

I am looking for software that will provide me the ability to go some arbitrary point in time, truncate the chart to that point, and them step forward, one bar at a time. I need the program to let me cycle through different time frames while maintaining the date on the chart (I have had the experience with eSignal for instance that will let me start at an arbitrary date and step forward, but if I change time frames, it just redraws the entire chart up the present date and time), or allow me to open several charts with different time periods, link them, and have them step forward together. The purpose of this is to help train my brain to see chart patterns and setup/exits form bar by bar without having to scroll the charts one bar at a time from the right of the screen. Scrolling the charts doesn’t really help with you have to change time frames anyway. I generally just need to be able to draw trendlines and maybe pitchforks, and perhaps a few of the more common indicators. Does anyone out there use software that has this feature, or know of a program that does?

Thanks

pats systems / IQ trader

::patsystems::

you require a broker / plenty to choose from

full replay / paper trade(no overnight/ think they do full sim J trader ?) and backtest

stock trading software is good Simulator of stock trading could be used for practical testing like how to enter stock orders, using different order type like stop orders, trailing stop orders. Some of these stock trading simulators also provide charting features so it is good to test them too.

Amibroker has the bar replay feature that does just that

In addition to all the other good qualities of Amibroker, I have found this to be an extremely valuable facility for training myself on exits - something which I believe is key to successful trading.

You can do your own version of Barjon's "here's a chart - what'll you do next?" though without his expert analysis of course!