Do you allow your chart program to rescale the screen?

Hi Folks,
All of the chart programs I have seen automatically scale the price so that if you are looking at a chart, the high and low during that time frame fit on the chart. So depending on how volatile the instrument has been of late, sometimes a point takes up 1 inch of vertical screen space, sometimes the same point during a consolidation channel takes up 3 inches. Most of these programs have the capability to turn this feature off - and then you get a vertical scroll bar so that you can move the screen around to see the data that doesn't fit as you scroll from left to right. All though I find the autoscale 'off' mode inconvenient, it seems to help with my visual understanding of todays price action compared with other times. Which do you prefer and why?
JO

I watch a lot of charts during the day, for me to operate without the autoscaling would be impractical.

Yep

I autoscale too.

I use 3 time frames so the height of a bar isn't a problem, I can see what the price is doing from the three charts and don't pay much heed to the size of a bar on one chart alone.

Since I usually trade in volatile markets, I am not sure if I could trade without autoscaling, the chart would be all over the place.