Naz futures....

How much attention would you give to the fact that the Naz futures for March are down 60 as we speak? Does that hint that a fall is likely tomorrow, or is it not directly relevent?
Help appreciated,
Mark
PS. hope you all had a most excellent Christmas

------------------
gfield2.gif

Hi Mark,

I take index futures as an indication of investors' sentiment on a particular sector in the medium term...negative futures on a certain day doesn't necesarily mean the actual index will also be negative on the following day and vice versa...

Having said this I should also mention a strange correlation between Nas futures and UK Techmark Index...as US markets open 6 hours later than the UK markets, our Techmark uses Nas futures while looking for direction in the morning..futures are replaced with the Index later in the afternoon...

Interesting. So what you are saying is that the correlation is stronger for the TechMark for the morning only, and then the TechMark gets it's own (independent) momentum? Where do you get the info for the Nas futures? Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rizgar:
Hi Mark,

I take index futures as an indication of investors' sentiment on a particular sector in the medium term...negative futures on a certain day doesn't necesarily mean the actual index will also be negative on the following day and vice versa...

Having said this I should also mention a strange correlation between Nas futures and UK Techmark Index...as US markets open 6 hours later than the UK markets, our Techmark uses Nas futures while looking for direction in the morning..futures are replaced with the Index later in the afternoon...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>