Natural Gas

Nowler

Experienced member
1,325 146
Good afternoon folks!

I have recently started to trade Natural Gas, but I am essentially trading it on technical analysis only.
Any suggestions on the best place/s to get myself well versed in the fundamentals of gas?

I have started to follow some Nat Gas accounts on Twitter, but any suggestions on specific Twitter account, or non-twitter related means, then please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Akinozragore

122 8
I may suggest you not use only technical analysis to trade, as natural gas prices depend not only on market equilibrium and trends, but also on political news and agreements. However, technical indicators predict trends basing only on previous information. That's good on free markets, where price is set only by supply and demand. On the market like gas or oil, the demand is almost stable, as well as supply, but prices are constantly changing due to political news and gossips. If you think that natural gas is asset you wanna trade, than you should learn how to apply news and analytics and predict trend. You can read Business Insider, Bloomberg and Reuters. Also, Intercept is good sometimes, as their investigation may affect natural gas price fluctuations.

Reactions: Nowler

Nowler

Experienced member
1,325 146
It's really hard to make a technical analysis to trade. It seems to me.
Well trading anything on technicals alone is not smart. I havent traded it much because I know nothing about the fundamentals.

Any trades I did make were more bets/gambling on the direction. I made more than I lost but I certainly didnt have an edge.

JCags

1 1
Good afternoon folks!

I have recently started to trade Natural Gas, but I am essentially trading it on technical analysis only.
Any suggestions on the best place/s to get myself well versed in the fundamentals of gas?

I have started to follow some Nat Gas accounts on Twitter, but any suggestions on specific Twitter account, or non-twitter related means, then please let me know.

Thanks in advance
Nat Gas on twitter @BrynneKKelly

Reactions: Nowler

tomorton

Legendary member
8,128 1,209
This looks like a subtle and difficult market to familiarise with. So I have to wonder why? - I mean presumably you've already got your bread 'n'' butter trading going well? - easier stuff like long Dow, short JPY, long NZD, that sort of thing?

Nowler

Experienced member
1,325 146
This looks like a subtle and difficult market to familiarise with. So I have to wonder why? - I mean presumably you've already got your bread 'n'' butter trading going well? - easier stuff like long Dow, short JPY, long NZD, that sort of thing?
I like to gander around in case I come across something "down my alley".
I'm also a sucker for a challenge... and was simply trying to understand the puzzle of Nat Gas as it's different to FX, which is what I normally trade.

I would like to have commodities trading in my belt of tools, but Oil throws my risk management out of wack, so I can't trade that until I deposit more (which I don't want to do yet).

I mean... I'm not THAT serious about trading Nat Gas.
It just happened to be something that peaked my interest

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock