Nasdaq futs

JR,
If you tried NOT being rude to people this would be a better thread. Having respect for people whether you disagree with them or not is what makes these boards a lot better than most. The moderators here have kept things that way, so I respect them. The posting of yours which was removed was, in my opinion, rude and rightly deleted.
I don't go around picking arguments with anyone, but I will not read some of the gratuitously insulting stuff which you said and just stand back and say nothing.
You can say what you like about me, I am not intimidated by your aggression or any incoming insults - they will only reflect on you.
I will not get involved in a flame war with you, I've had my say.

its interesting that we all define respect and rudeness by our own criteria and not others - if you poke a tiger - it may not respond with a simple poke back - but had it not been provoked - that inbalance may not appear - just look at the guy in Las Vegas who had the neck to poke his tiger and the tiger decided to have his neck!

Just on the IB charting/backfill business -

I've emailed IB and they say they have no plans to offer backfill as it does not fit in with the current "business model"....whatever that means.

Bit of a pain in the backside and personally I think they'd be smart to do it, but there ya go.

rossored said:
Just on the IB charting/backfill business -

I've emailed IB and they say they have no plans to offer backfill as it does not fit in with the current "business model"....whatever that means.

Bit of a pain in the backside and personally I think they'd be smart to do it, but there ya go.
For 10 Euros a month you can get backfill IB data (for Sierrachart) by contacting Guido at [email protected]
He'll give you all the information you need. The data files are refreshed every 5 minutes during the day, so it's even possible to refresh/backfill charts intraday while the markets are open.

3 strikes and he's out. He was politely warned. JR is banned . The moderators will not tolerate personal attacks on anyone. I thank Mr. Charts for his comments.
And just to put the record straight, this BB is not a ChartMan's afternoon garden tea party meeting place. It is provided for the benefit of all its Members. You, the Members have a right to exploit and participate in this BB for YOUR benefit, not mine, or any of the other moderators. I 'm sure (and I hope) that we, the moderators and Sharky can count on your support to ensure this BB remains held in the high esteem that it undoubtedly is.

If anyone`s interested I thought I`d try and bring the thread back on line.

I find the NQ very helpful in my trading, taking today as an eg the turn off the highs @10.30 EST and off the lows @ 11.46 EST were both off Fib numbers on the NQ.

As an aside, I never read Mr Rotten`s posts before deletion, but if you follow the thread back, it seems to me it all started with a totally over the top reaction from the moderator to a joke.

I`m not condoning personal attacks, but some of the blame has to lie with the moderator, for all the talk of how good this BB is supposed to be, it`s in danger of turning into a clique, where if you don`t fit in with the ideas of an elite few, you either get banned, pushed out or just go away.

Just take a step back guys, and look at how many GOOD traders we`ve lost in recent months. :cry:

volume in indices futures? - waste of time and effort looking at it.

Dax for the players, SMI for the newbies.

ESTX waste of time (although to be fair it is picking up at the moment - but then is still nothing campared to SMI as a 'newbie' index - ESTX only exists so that the European hegde funds have somewhere with low daily price movement to park their futures, hence the volume.)

Steve, no one has ever been criticised for their ideas or views on trading, however bizarre they may be.

The standard of the board will not be maintained or improved by personal squabbles that result in members either leaving of their own free will or being banned.

There are folk with a lot to offer out there but they seem to be few and far between. It seems then counterproductive to be losing knowledgable traders.

There is a fine line to be drawn between acceptance of people for their knowledge and what they are and making a judgement on their behaviour.

I am for tolerance and MODERATION in everything :!:

I personally didn't see anything Johnny had posted that over stepped the mark.

Agreed he's a bit of a maverick but I for one think such people are required to challenge what might be accepted views when of course those views might be wrong.

JonnyT