NQ and Other Questions

clylbw

454 4
Hi,

I wonder whether anyone shorted NQ today, 8th April 2004, in the beginning?

What puzzles me is, from 11:25 am to 12:00 pm ET, there seemed to be a reversal developing, which caused me to cover my short. Then it turned out to be a retracement only and NQ continued to fall afterwards.

So, if you also shorted NQ today and stayed through the retracement, can you please tell me why you saw that as a retracement but not a reversal?

I also would like to ask:

1. Do you find technical indicators useful for index futures? The futures are so choppy sometimes many indicators do not seem to make sense to me.

2. Do you think 1-minute charts are useful? I have heard that some people scalp the futures using 1-minute charts, but again such charts seem too choppy to me. Or is it because of my lack of skill?

3. YM closes at 4:00 pm ET while NQ and ES close at 4:15 pm. Why the difference? Why is there an additional 15 minutes for NQ and ES, but not for YM?

I am fairly new to futures, so I apologise if many of the questions are silly. Thank you indeed.

Attachments

• nq08april2004.gif
    nq08april2004.gif
    12.9 KB · Views: 297

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock