When is The End of Day for data?

tderrick

As it pertains to the instruments I will be trading, ES , NQ and YM...

If you trade around the clock via Globex... when is the actual "end of the day" to retrieve such data...

Still not quite sure when the market hours are for the above instruments
as in Regular and after Electronic via Globex...

any help for a man??

tia

Set midnight to the opening for the globex session (just changed to dst in chicago of course).

This is one of the 3 possible valid times for forex midnights as well (the others being london and ny for the largest numbers of traders).

Yes, I think I noticed on my NT charts that the start times were 12am. Thanks...

Still a little fuzzy on the whole Regular hours vs electronic After hours ... For YM, ES NQ mini's

Does the Globex trading continue on through the regular pit trading hours??

Thanks for the help!

Yes Globex trades alongside (i.e. simultaneously) with the regular pit.

One catch in the Globex sessions is that the daily settlement price is taken mid-session with certain markets. So your broker may well value your position for marging purposes on the daily settlement price, which might be quite different from the final price on the Globex session.

If you don't like this arrangement then consider writing to the exchange and asking them to create multiple sessions - one of which finishes at the same time as the daily settlement is determined.

One catch in the Globex sessions is that the daily settlement price is taken mid-session with certain markets. So your broker may well value your position for marging purposes on the daily settlement price, which might be quite different from the final price on the Globex session.

If you don't like this arrangement then consider writing to the exchange and asking them to create multiple sessions - one of which finishes at the same time as the daily settlement is determined.

Thanks so much, Richard, for your insight...

Pit hours are during the day but the CME board shows Globex as 17:00-16:00 next day, which I presume is availability of the system, but the actual trading goes on only during pit times.

With Forex, seems like you time your trading with the market hours of the country you are trading (Asia, UK, NY)

With Currency Futures, since all Currency Futures are based on USD, is Chicago pit time the best time to trade these.
for example B6 - where UK hours are approximately 7 or 8 hours ahead of Chicago,