Naked Trader?

buzzing

I just checked the updated Naked Trader's share purchases, and they have all gone up. The thing is he doesn't post his share purchase updates until at least ten days after he has bought them. They might be too high to buy now! Is there anyway of know ing what he has bought on the same or next day? or is that asking too much?

I just checked the updated Naked Trader's share purchases, and they have all gone up. The thing is he doesn't post his share purchase updates until at least ten days after he has bought them. They might be too high to buy now! Is there anyway of know ing what he has bought on the same or next day? or is that asking too much?

In fairness just about everything has gone up :)

I had the exact same thought about the Naked Trader and timing a while ago. If you sign-up to Telecom Plus (I think that's what it's called) he will send a more timely email detailing some of his SIPP trades.

From what I recall on his blog he devotes quite a bit of his training seminars to timing trades and the use of L2. I guess there is no such thing as a free lunch.

Buy his paper back and read it.

Although that wouldn't address the timing of his trades as the book focuses mainly on the identification and selection of stocks.

There is a bit on buying into IPOs, new AIM listings, stocks moving to the main index and buying just before something moves into the FTSE 100 but that is about as close to timing as he gets.

Although that wouldn't address the timing of his trades as the book focuses mainly on the identification and selection of stocks.

There is a bit on buying into IPOs, new AIM listings, stocks moving to the main index and buying just before something moves into the FTSE 100 but that is about as close to timing as he gets.

A lot of people turn to charts for timing. TA does work but not all the time imho

In fairness just about everything has gone up :)

I had the exact same thought about the Naked Trader and timing a while ago. If you sign-up to Telecom Plus (I think that's what it's called) he will send a more timely email detailing some of his SIPP trades.

From what I recall on his blog he devotes quite a bit of his training seminars to timing trades and the use of L2. I guess there is no such thing as a free lunch.

How do you sign up to that?

yes he seems to have a good record ...i can't risk the capital that he does so it's a no brainer for me ...if you can't trade every share that he does at exactly the same entry then you won't get the same result so be careful..

stick his shares in a watch list for a while

Does anyone know how he seems able to get his timing spot on!!

I have subscribed to level 2 and can't seem to master it or use if to gain an advantage.... :(

Does anyone know how he seems able to get his timing spot on!!

I have subscribed to level 2 and can't seem to master it or use if to gain an advantage.... :(

Robbie will sit in front of his computer screen all day and study company profiles, Looking for things like profit warnings, hard times, struggling, expanding, in there quarterly reports, Only then will he look at charts and level 2 to see if he thinks their overbought/oversold, After much homework he then makes the trade, often holding onto it for months, unless he gets stopped out of course.

I think he does some live trading on level 2 in his seminars for educational purposes, but its not his main tool of trade.

look under the diary tab on his website you get his email there and some other "offers" why don't you just email him and get it from the horse's mouth:)

look under the diary tab on his website you get his email there and some other "offers" why don't you just email him and get it from the horse's mouth:)

I have emailed Robbie in the past. Even if you haven't bought his book or attended a seminar he does always reply with helpful answers to questions, as long as they are about buying and selling shares in general rather than any specific companies as he isn't licensed to give advice.

He does make a lot of money out of his books and seminars, and loads out of affiliate links to ADVFN, IG etc, but does seem like a genuine nice guy who likes to help people out.

Also he does always seem to do well with timing, but it's because he is always at his computer. Either that or there is a bit of truth stretching going on as he only reports buys and sells weekly so it's easy to say ... ohh that one went up a bit this week, looks promising I will "buy" it. I have been to a seminar and seen his actual trading accounts on screen (Barclays, selftrade, ig etc) and think that most of the long term ones are genuine. But it's always good to have a healthy bit of skepticism around these sort of things.

I read his book years ago and was impressed. He seemed to have a sensible earthy approach.
I imagine these days he has a PC prog that sifts through the companies on P/E ratios etc.
Personally though I found indices more convenient before switching to forex.

Seems to me that he makes the majority of his money selling his regular £590 + VAT seminars. I not knocking the investing approach, as it's a sensible long term method. But he clearly makes a lot of money from training and broker affiliate deals.

Seems to me that he makes the majority of his money selling his regular £590 + VAT seminars. I not knocking the investing approach, as it's a sensible long term method. But he clearly makes a lot of money from training and broker affiliate deals.

Silly paying that sort of money really when it's all for free if you care to look !!

Silly paying that sort of money really when it's all for free if you care to look !!

his seminars are expensive BUT compared to some of the other forex schemes they are amazingly cheap.

I went on one and wasn't exactly enlightened BUT I did find it useful.

Overall I think he is an excellent stock picker and his track record and strategy is something that sits well with me,

He gets his entry spot on sometimes and thats what frustrates me, is I can find the stocks no problem. I just can't get my entry spot on, I bought level 2 and couldn't really make that much of it....