Naked Trader?

his seminars are expensive BUT compared to some of the other forex schemes they are amazingly cheap.

I went on one and wasn't exactly enlightened BUT I did find it useful.

Overall I think he is an excellent stock picker and his track record and strategy is something that sits well with me,

He gets his entry spot on sometimes and thats what frustrates me, is I can find the stocks no problem. I just can't get my entry spot on, I bought level 2 and couldn't really make that much of it....

Can't help with level 2 regretably. I use charts.

Silly paying that sort of money really when it's all for free if you care to look !!

There are many ways to learn things - reading, listening, watching, doing... some people benefit more from reading, others from watching others. Although I had read the book I did feel that I benefited from the seminar as well.

I used to follow his trades on his website a few years ago. I recall he was very selective in what trades he officailly reported in his trade diary. He'd mention he got the timing wrong in some trades for that week and lost a bit of money, but suprisingly he never recorded these trades in the diary! He only seemed to record the ones that were in profit!

Anyway, regradless of his selective trade reporting, I think he is a great business man, and as others have said he seems to make a small fortune out of this training seminars and affilate products.

others have said he seems to make a small fortune out of this training seminars and affilate products.

no way, I can't believe that for a minute :LOL:
This industry is littered with people wanting to do exactly the same thing

I'm not sure he manages his reported trades that much,

Here is a recent trade from him

Chart | Interactive Investor

Latchways at 1045 and now its 1200 odd,

How does he know its about to break out ?? either he has some hidden technique or purely lucky repeatedly.....?

He studies the company reports for things like this :

Commenting on the results, Paul Hearson, Chairman, said

"I am pleased to report an excellent result for Latchways, with a strong second half resulting in record revenues and profits for the year. While the underlying economic conditions remain subdued in our traditional markets, with a well-stocked prospect pipeline and continuing investment in revenue-generating resources, I look forward to the future with confidence."

Hi Mike

Yeah but it's not that simple to just go on company reports its also about the breakout and knowing if its a real breakout or a false one ?

Either way I think his record is excellent and I do like his investment style

Im sure he doesn't use any technical analysis to choose his trades, just scours the fundamentals on companies to put on his watch list. If small cap stocks are going to breakout,I would imagine its more to do with fundamental news attracting investors than say, a moving average crossover.

Hi Mike

Yeah but it's not that simple to just go on company reports its also about the breakout and knowing if its a real breakout or a false one ?

Either way I think his record is excellent and I do like his investment style

You cant know if its going to be a profitable one. we have to go with the assumption that the trend will continue..at least that always works for me.
If the overall market is up, generally there is a higher probability. Dont need fundamentals for a breakout

You cant know if its going to be a profitable one. we have to go with the assumption that the trend will continue..at least that always works for me.
If the overall market is up, generally there is a higher probability. Dont need fundamentals for a breakout
True a breakout is a breakout regardless of fundamentals, I guess I use funda's to support the long term element.

That company XYZ will be generating more cash in 1 - 4 years time and thus more investors will want a piece of the action, thus more buyers increases share price

Does anyone have any good methods of analysing volume or using level 2, as Robbie mentions that quite a bit in his blog ?

I just checked the updated Naked Trader's share purchases, and they have all gone up. The thing is he doesn't post his share purchase updates until at least ten days after he has bought them. They might be too high to buy now! Is there anyway of know ing what he has bought on the same or next day? or is that asking too much?

I would assume so! Unless you are a personal friend, I don’t believe he publishes his buys or sells as he places them.

Or there again,you could do your own homework , in his books he states his method's that he uses for checking out companies, dont follow the sheep, be your own trader..

I am most keen to find out how he makes use of level 2 to judge and hold and when to sell stocks damn it he has it down to a fine art.

I know he explains it and does some live trades in his seminars, but there not cheap to attend.

I'm not saying he does cheat, but with just weekly updates it is easy enough to pick shares that have gone up in the last few days so they are already in profit when he lists them on his site.

His main aim is to sell books and courses, so of course it's in his interest to have good returns showing on his website.

I roughly follow his principles though (not copying his trades) and make some money doing so.

I'm not saying he does cheat, but with just weekly updates it is easy enough to pick shares that have gone up in the last few days so they are already in profit when he lists them on his site.

His main aim is to sell books and courses, so of course it's in his interest to have good returns showing on his website.

I roughly follow his principles though (not copying his trades) and make some money doing so.
I do agree his main aim is to sell books but mainly courses, these are £500 odd and if you can squeeze 100 people in thats a sexy £50,000 or £25,000 (based on 50 people paying £500) revenue for one day

in saying that if you were to discount his entry by say 5-10% i still think he would be profit generating, my wonder is how he manages to judge when is good to buy and sell.

There must be a method he uses....

I expect an offer to subscribe might do the trick ?

Might be you're right. I like his book though. For me live trading is a kind of exams. You need to have the knowledge of trading but you need to choose the best strategy in the right time, then only you can be winner. Also, discipline is one of the big factor as well.