My trading

realmoneytrader

Hello Trader,

If it is ok I would like to post my trades here, so that other traders can see what it is like to trade for a living. All trades are for educational purposes only and everyone should know that trading is a risky business.

I am trading stock market indices, Bonds, US Stocks and Commodities.

ok here are my limits for today

KORS | Buy Stop Limit 53.90 | GTC | Stopp 50.00 | target 57.60
DVA | Buy Stop Limit 109.50 | GTC | Stopp 104.80 | target 115.00
HP | Buy Stop Limit 53.10 | GTC | Stopp 48.80 | target 64.00
IT | Buy Stop Limit | 48.40 | GTC | Stopp 46.10 | target 51.00
ADM | Sell Stop Limit 26.16 | GTC | Stopp 29.50 | target 14.00
AIV | Sell Stop Limit 24.85 | GTC | Stopp 27.20 | target 20.20
MWE | Sell Stop Limit |50.80 | GTC | Stopp 56.00 | target 39.00

I am most of the time long and short stocks. If there are opportunities we will add up to the positions. If you have questions please do not hesitate to ask me

I am most of the time long and short stocks. If there are opportunities we will add up to the positions. If you have questions please do not hesitate to ask me
Hi rmt,
May I ask what you're basing your entries, targets and stops on? If it's TA - could you post a chart with your analysis please?
Tim.

Hi Timsk,
I am using fundamental and technical analysis. I will talk about that a little bit more later maybe on the weekend if it is ok.

Is it possible to upload an excel list? I think that would be easier

Ok here is the excel sheet I think this way it is easier to read

Attachments

• TRADE OVERVIEW.xlsx
    10.3 KB · Views: 371
Ok the trading day is over and here is the updated file of my postions. If there are any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

I was stopped in HK @ 53.10 and I am long that stock. I adjusted the Stop to 52.10

I deleted two orders for DVA and MWE the black background always means that I deleted the order. Furthermore I put in some more orders. 3 more stocks and for the corn future.

Have a nice evening

Attachments

• TRADE OVERVIEW.xlsx
    11.6 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
Ok I just wanted to say some words about me.

I am living in the UAE and I am a professional trader for 10 years now. I am a trend follower most of the time and try to buy or short in dips.

I will explain more about it later because in the moment I am busy with posting my trades. I hope it helps some people and get some ideas of how trading can work. Like I said I try most of the time to have long and short positions to decrease the risk. Like every trader not every single trade will be a winning trade and there will drawdowns, but in the end risk management is the most important part of being a successful trader.

I will update the table most of the time before the US opening and after the US close. I am not a daytrader and most of the time a position is hold for days to weeks

also why not just show your net position on each post (and movement since last post).......we can track your success or failure easier .......

thanks
N

also why not just show your net position on each post (and movement since last post).......we can track your success or failure easier .......

thanks
N

I think it is better this way, so people can understand how I work. They can see where I put my limits etc.

I will do more explanation about my trading later and I think then it is better with my excel table.

Ok here is the update for the 6th of Dec 2012

We are long [email protected] and DAN @ 14.49 and NG @ 3.65

Here is the excel table. Like always if you have any questions please let me know

Attachments

• TRADE OVERVIEW.xls
    32.5 KB · Views: 221
Here is the update

I highlighted the cells orange were adjustments were made

Attachments

• TRADE OVERVIEW.xls
    33.5 KB · Views: 198
Hi rmt,
Looking at your spreadsheet, I notice you've got some monstorously big targets - 20% or more in some cases - care to outline your thinking on that front?
Cheers,
Tim.

Hi timsk,

i am working most of the time the following way. I try to find stocks which are in a trend and try to buy or sell the dip. I am looking on longerterm chart (weekly charts) and try to find my entry on the daily or 60 Min chart. The reason for my monstorously big targets are the weekly charts.

Most of the time I just enter a trade and try to get my stop to entry and after that I will see what will happen. Of course only a few positions will make really big money but that are the positions which are in charge for my performance. Over the next several weeks I will explain more and post some charts for better understanding

Thanks rmt,
Apologies if I sounded critical in my use of the word monstrous (spelt correctly this time!) - that's not what I intended and, assuming you hit them once in a while, they doubtless work wonders for your profit to loss ratios.
Tim.

No apologies, did not sound critical to me. I like questions because I am here to explain my trading.

Like I said I will do more explanations. Just need to get used to the posting and I am collecting some charts where I can explain my trades.

If you have more questions just ask

Thanks rmt,
Apologies if I sounded critical in my use of the word monstrous (spelt correctly this time!) - that's not what I intended and, assuming you hit them once in a while, they doubtless work wonders for your profit to loss ratios.
Tim.

Ok I want to describe my trading a little bit more. First of all I trade for a living and that makes me pretty risk averse. I always test the market and if the market does not do what I want I will be out with a small gain or a small loss. First of all I want to explain my excel sheet a little bit more.
Every Day I screen the markets for trading opportunities and I always want opportunities with a good risk/reward ratio. In my Excel sheet I present the possible limit orders for my long and short entries.
For example DDD had a BSL = Buy Stop Limit of 45.05 USD. On the 6 the of December I entered the limit into my Software but nothing happened. On the 7th of December DDD opened with a gap @ 45.61 USD. My BSL means that I want to buy DDD when it gets to 45.05 USD and I only want to pay 45.05. That is the reason why I did not get filled at the opening. During the day DDD tanked a little bit and I entered the trade.
All my trades are with BSL or STL = Short stop limit.

I hope this helps a little bit to understand my trading and the excel sheet better. I thinking of emailing the excel sheet, because that would be easier. Just write me a PM with your email.

Like always if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Of course if you have ideas how to improve my postings email me too.

Attachments

• TRADE OVERVIEW.xls
    29.5 KB · Views: 197