My Trading Quest - Profitability in 90 days!

Apex Sniper Trading Bootcamp – Challenge Countdown – 28 Days …

Friday and I made a massive mistake …

Actions I took today:

• Tried to trade with Leeloo and had a major technical problem! …
  • Reviewed the market to identify trades I thought were valid trades on ES
Leeloo Trading Evaluation

Today I had a major technical problem which caused me to lose approximately -$741 !!!

I entered a trade on my computer and nothing happened … I waited and then not seeing my trade entered on the chart … It would appear that I pressed the enter button a couple of times!!!!

The result was that the chart then started moving except now it is -$500, then it showed -$741 and I exited.

So how did this happen?

Apparently, my computer had become frozen at about the time I entered. I assumed that I had not hit the button correctly so hit it again after waiting for a few seconds. It would appear in my haste I hit it a couple of times. The data then started rolling and the rest is history.

This has happened before and my solution was not to enter again if my first click did not enter the trade.

It happened so quickly, I didn’t even think the chart was frozen.

I now need to develop a better process so this will not happen again. I will also review and see if I can do something to prevent the freezing from occurring.

Potential ES Trades for today

Naturally, I did not trade for the rest of the day.

You can see below that I have split the potential trades into two sections. The top is my normal section showing Potential trades.

I was looking for a better way to reduce mistakes – how to record and review the trades that are Potential Trades but have some reason not to take the trade.

Knowing when NOT to enter a trade is probably more important (or at least as important) then the trades I enter. It will help me change my focus when reviewing the market.

I will try this format to see if it will help me review when NOT to enter trades.

If anyone has any ideas on the best way to approach this then please let me know.

[IMG]

Resources:

I enjoy a number of podcasts. One I regularly check out is the Chat with Traders Podcast.

Check out Aaron’s latest “Best of Trading Psychology”

199: Best of Trading Psychology, Pt. 1

Watch this space for more resources that I find useful.

I will include books, articles, podcasts, interviews, videos, hypnosis/meditation audios, mental exercises, and more …

I will report back tomorrow on my progress and any lessons I learn

Disclaimer

I am not affiliated with any of these companies.

Apex Sniper Trading Bootcamp – Challenge Countdown – 29 Days …

Sunday/ Monday Trading with limited opportunities …

Actions I took today:
  • Traded my Leeloo Evaluation Account …

I find it hard when the markets are not giving good signals so I need to work on my patience and go back to trading other markets on these type of days.

Todays Trading

As you can see from my spreadsheet of potential ES trades, there were only two trades that I considered valid. The problem with these days is if you have a loss it makes it very hard to recover.

My first trade was a trade on review was obviously Not Valid.

As I could not see any setups on ES, I took some trades on NQ and YM.

Todays Trades taken in Leeloo Account
ES – 1 Loser -$212.50 and commission
YM – 1 winner, = Net $50 – commission
NQ – 1 winner = $50 – commission

Total Loss Leeloo for today = $-112.50 – commission

ES Trade

Trade 1 – 5:50 am

The entry was NOT a Valid Enhanced TX against the trend.

The reason I chose to take the trade and not follow my rules is that I keep hearing Lori in the trading room say that when you have the white line (MM) sandwiching the setup bar then they are more powerful trades.

My lesson is that I am to test any modifications to my trading playbook. This is already in my playbook and I lost because I didn’t follow my own rules.

2020-07-28_02-29-03.png

Trade 1 YM – 9:51

I entered a valid NXT Trend trade that went to profit. +$50 – commission

2020-07-28_02-36-02.png

Trade 1 NQ – 10:15

This trade was a valid ODD trade that went to profit. +$50 – commission

2020-07-28_02-40-53.png

Resources:

I will include books, articles, podcasts, interviews, videos, hypnosis/meditation audios, mental exercises, and more …

Disclaimer

Apex Sniper Trading Bootcamp – Challenge Countdown – 26 Days …

Tuesday Trading with limited opportunities again …

Actions I took today:
  • Watched the market …

Again, there were limited valid trades. I did not take any trades today.

I decided to spend the time when I watching the market to determine which market would be the best.

ES – Trades recently have been mostly before the US Market. The speed was good to very slow. The problem with slow markets is it is easy to get impatient and take trades that are not valid. It is also important to watch NQ along with the ES market as the ES market often will react when NQ is going into strong zones.

YM – The speed is normally faster than ES but slower than NQ. It acts differently from the ES and NQ and needs a few days to see which trade setups work best.

NQ – This market can be too quick to enter and lately has had periods of liquidity. This greats slippage both entering and exiting.

Lately, the NQ appears to be respecting the setups and giving a larger number of opportunities.

From tomorrow I will be more focussed on trading the NQ.

Potential ES Trades and Rejected Potential Trades

Rejected Potential Trades
are trades that are the basics of a valid trade but have a reason not to enter.

Resources:

Disclaimer

Apex Sniper Trading Bootcamp – Challenge Countdown – 25 Days …

Wednesday Trading …

Actions I took today:
  • Watched the market, my focus was on the NQ market …
  • Reviewed the market to identify trades I thought were valid trades on NQ
Todays Trading

After reviewing the NQ market over the last week, I didn’t feel comfortable to just jump in today and start trading. I decided just to watch just the NQ market. Setups are the same across different markets but each market has some small nuances that I need to get in tune with. Over the last week, I have been watching NQ along with other markets, but with the speed, it moves you then miss trades, which in turn plays with my psychology.

Potential NQ Trades

Resources:

I have been looking for a good way to be able to have one app/software to hold all my notes and plans together and be easy to access.

I have tried Evernote, Word, Maple, and a heap of other apps.

In the past, I looked at Onenote and didn’t really like it.

The other day I had a look at someone’s notes they made using Onenote … it was perfect for what I wanted to do.

I am now in the process of transferring my Trading plan / Playbook from word to the Onenote for Windows 10 App, I will now use Onenote for all my notes when I am taking notes from the trading lesson videos.

Be aware that there are two different Onenote programs. They have lightly different looks (one better) and they also allow different customization.

Check out the app and let me know what you think … do you know of a better program?

*****​

Disclaimer

Apex Sniper Trading Bootcamp – Challenge Review …

I have not posted or traded in the last 9 trading days due to some personal reasons but am now back on Monday to finish this first challenge. I have 10 days to become profitable!

Challenge Review

I have reviewed the last 9 trading days to see what I missed and found that I didn’t miss much.

My normal process is to review every 24 hours for the instrument but generally do not trade after Midday.

The market has been very hard to trade most mornings from open until at least 11 am.

It would appear that before open a couple of good trades usually occur. If you do lose one trade then it is very hard to make it back to profit due to the risk:reward and the lack of trades.

I still have confidence in the Apex Sniper Setups but the change in the market has changed the frequency of these trades.

Over the last couple of weeks, Apex Investing appears to be more focused on a relatively new setup using the Simplicity Chart. It has a higher risk with a higher potential reward opportunity. It also suits the current market.

So Where to now?

• I will start daily posting from next Monday with 15 days to go to the end of this Challenge.
  • Before Monday I will review the Simplicity Trade and determine if I should trade it.
  • I will start reviewing other courses (just in case) for the next 90-day challenge

Resources:

Disclaimer

Apex Sniper Trading Bootcamp – Challenge Countdown – 15 Days to go …

Only 15 days to go with this current 90-day challenge …

Actions I took since the last post:

• Reviewed the Simplicity Chart training
  • Reviewed the market to identify trades I thought were valid trades on ES and NQ
Simplicity Chart

Apex Investing introduced the Simplicity Chart a couple of months ago and it was promoted as a way of trailing once you entered using Sniper Bootcamp Setups.

A few people jumped on board with the concept and made some good money. Other accounts were blown up. From my observation, it occurred because of how they implemented the system.

Recently, heaps of people are trading using Simplicity with great results. Darrell has been training people on how to enter just using the simplicity chart. The Trading Room has been more focussed on the Simplicity trades.

What does the Simplicity Chart look like?

It is a basic 30-second bar chart with two lines that are based on VIX type data. The result is if the two lines are pointing in a direction and the lines are the same color as the direction then you have a setup bar if the bar closes in the same direction. If that bar is broken on the next bar then you enter. The trail is based on one of the lines which can be either conservative or aggressive.

From all observations, it would appear that you can hop on some very good trails with this.

The biggest disadvantage is that the stop can be much larger than normal and that large pullbacks after entry can occur.

Another potential disadvantage is that you need a separate data feed for this data. As a member, you can see the Simplicity Chart for ES and NQ, in the room 24×7. The room charts are great and you can trade based on them but you cannot backtest to see if the system works overtime.

Like all trades, the secret is knowing when NOT to enter.

What am I going to do with the Simplicity Chart?

I will continue to watch and track the room posted Simplicity chart, to learn more and see if the system is worth paying for the extra feed. I particularly like the entry with the Sniper setup and then trail with the Simplicity chart.

Todays Trading (Sunday and Monday)

I traded in Sim, 3 trades (2 ES and 1 NQ).

ES Trades

Trade 1 ES – 3:11 am

The Short Entry was a Valid Enhanced TX against the trend and a DTX setup. It also was 1 tick from being a very good ODD (divergence) trade.

This trade was successful for full profit.15

[IMG]

Trade 2 ES – 3:39 am

On first appearance, this trade is a valid DTX trade, and it is …

Normal risk (stop) is about 21 ticks ($105). This trade needed the stop to be placed above the two orange lines (paws). This would add another 5 ticks to the risk. The risk would be $130 with a reward of $45. Then adjust for commission. My rule would be not to take the trade due to the risk.

I placed the stop 1 tick above the bar. Then moved it to BE +2 ticks. I was stopped out.

You can see below, if my stop would have been in the correct place then the trade would have gone to full profit.

[IMG]

Trade 1 NQ – 9:46

This trade was a valid DTX trade that went to profit. +$50 – commission

[IMG]

[IMG]

Resources:

I have tried a number of hypnosis audios and videos looking for an edge with my trading. If you make them part of your regular routine, then I believe they do help.

I have been testing the free hypnosis videos from Trading Composure. They have heaps of different topics all posted on their Youtube page.

https://www.youtube.com/c/TradingComposure/videos

I am sure you will find one to suit your needs.

Choose one and listen to it for 30 days and see if it helps

Disclaimer

Apex Sniper Trading Bootcamp – Challenge Countdown – 14 Days to go …

Tuesday, and 14 days to go…

• Watched for potential Simplicity Chart trades
  • Reviewed the market to identify trades I thought were valid trades on ES and NQ
Simplicity Trades

A number of the trades would have worked out. Reading on the forum, it appears that several people are successful with this method and others are not so much.

Like all new systems, it is often hard to learn when NOT to enter a trade. Watching the chart on the forum seems to work well but again takes time to get familiar with it.

I will continue watching to learn the nuances.

Todays Trading (Tuesday)

I traded in Sim, 1 trade (1 NQ).

Trade 1 NQ – 6:22 am

The Short Entry was a Valid Elevator trade.

This trade was successful for full profit.

[IMG]

Potential Trades

Valid trades on ES were very limited. I could only see one valid trade.

NQ had 9 valid trades. I did not include several setups between 10 and 11 am as the speed of the market would have prevented entry form occurring.

[IMG]

Resources:

If you enjoyed the Best of Trading Psychology Part 1 podcast, then check out Aaron's latest podcast.

“Best of Trading Psychology Part 2”.

https://chatwithtraders.com/ep-200-best-of-trading-psychology-pt-2/

*********************************​

Disclaimer

Apex Sniper Trading Bootcamp – Challenge Countdown – 13 Days to go …

Wednesday, and 13 days to go…

• Watched for potential Simplicity Chart trades
Simplicity Trades

I will continue watching to learn the nuances.

Todays Trading (Tuesday)

I did not see any valid trades in ES today.

I traded in Sim, 2 trades (2 NQ).

Trade 1 NQ – 4:34 am

The Short Entry was a DTX trade. It was also within 1 tick of being a valid ODD.

2020-08-19_19-51-54.png

Trade 2 NQ – 8:20 am

The Long Entry was a DTX trade and ODD

2020-08-19_20-04-10.png

Potential Trades

No Valid trades on ES.

NQ had 16 valid trades with only 1 loser. I did not include a few setups as the speed of the market would have prevented entry form occurring.

Resources:

Steve Ward has been helping trader’s improve their performance for more than 15 years. The last two books he has written are High Performance Trading and Trader Mind.

His latest book has been recently published, called Bulletproof Trader.

I have just started reading his latest book and it looks good.

The following link is a recent video where Steve explains his ideas on How to become a Bulletproof Trader.

“Steve Ward: How To Become A Bulletproof Trader”.

Disclaimer

Apex Sniper Trading Bootcamp – Challenge Countdown – 12 Days to go …

Thursday, and 12 days to go…

• Continued watching for potential Simplicity Chart trades
Simplicity Trades

People in the room continue to make good money with simplicity.

The problem I have is that the entry is so simple that I don’t yet have faith in the success rate. It is hard when you cannot backtest the chart. I will continue to live test the chart and decide after the challenge is over if I think it has sufficient potential to pay for the extra feed and then be able to backtest it.

Todays Trading (Thursday)

I found one valid trade in ES today.

I traded in Sim, 2 trades (2 NQ).

Trade 1 NQ – 6:08 am

The Long Entry was an ETX with the trend and an Elevator trade.

[IMG]

Trade 2 NQ – 9:11 am

The Short Entry was a DTX trade with Trend

[IMG]

Potential Trades

Only one Valid trade found on ES.

NQ had 11 valid trades with only 1 loser. I did not include a few setups as the speed of the market would have prevented entry from occurring.

[IMG]

Resources:

Another podcast that I regularly listen to is the Better System Trader Podcast.

Andrew Swanscott hosts the show and has some great guests including:

• Steve Ward
  • Linda Raschke
  • Kevin Davey
  • Larry Conners
  • David Bean
  • John Ehlers
  • and many more
http://bettersystemtrader.com/

Disclaimer

Apex Sniper Trading Bootcamp – Challenge Countdown – 11 Days to go …

Friday, and 11 days to go…

• Continued watching for potential Simplicity Chart trades
Simplicity Trades

After watching all the Simplicity videos and the live application, I am still having trouble trusting the overall strategy. It feels like a good way to increase trade profit but has the potential of blowing up accounts. I think I will need to subscribe to the extra data feed so I can backtest it. Trust is so important when trading a setup.

Quick Review

The markets have changed in the last 60 days and trades are becoming less frequent and the markets are moving much quicker at times.

So far in this Challenge, I can see that the Apex setups work but other things need to be taken into account when choosing a trading system for my ongoing focus. Over the next 10 days I will be reviewing the validity of the Apex Investing systems to see if they can help me achieve my goals and if not, why not?

In the trading room, I can see that other people are taking trades that I don’t recognize as valid and they profit. I am trying to only trade valid trades as per the training and also the rules that I have backtested.

There are a number of reasons for this variation, including rules being changed, people not knowing the rules, and people trading other setups then the ones I am.

Todays Trading (Friday)

Another quiet day for both markets. I only found 2 valid trades in ES and 5 with NQ.

It is interesting that the five NQ trades all happened before the open.

I traded in Sim, 1 trade

Trade 1 NQ – 8:46 am

The Short Entry was a ODD (Divergence) trade.

[IMG]

Potential Trades

Only two Valid trades found on ES.

NQ had 5 valid trades with only 1 loser. I did not include a few setups as the speed of the market would have prevented entry from occurring.

[IMG]

Resources:

Another podcast that I regularly listen to is the SMB Capital Podcast with Mike Bellafiore and Brett Steenbarger.

Mike had an interesting topic that I think we can all learn from:

How to Become a Consistently Profitable Trader (like you deserve to be)

SMB Capital – Listen Here

I will include books, articles, podcasts, interviews, videos, hypnosis/meditation audios, mental exercises, and more …the

Disclaimer

Apex Sniper Trading Bootcamp – Challenge Countdown – 10 Days to go …

I have missed a week of trading due to windows 10 update issues … I still haven’t solved all the issues yet!

So, I have decided to continue from my last post … today has 10 days to go.

• Computer issues so no trading until today Monday 31st August.
  • Sim traded a setup that I have been backtesting which has good results

Update

Do we want to be a trader or a money manager?

This is a question that comes out in a book that I have been reading.

After reading the book it is obvious that we really need to be money managers.

I keep getting people suggesting that I should be trading live with my own money and other suggestions that come from a trader's perspective, not a money manager's perspective.

After reading this book, I suggest that every trader should read it. It doesn’t matter if you are just starting or an experienced trader. I will share tomorrow, the details on the book and where you can get it if you are interested.

So far in this Challenge, I can see that the Apex setups work but other things need to be taken into account when choosing a trading system for my ongoing focus. Over the next 10 days I will be reviewing the validity of the Apex Investing systems to see if they can help me achieve my goals and if not, why not?

In the trading room, I can see that other people are taking trades that I don’t recognize as valid and they profit. I am trying to only trade valid trades as per the training and also the rules that I have backtested.

There are a number of reasons for this variation, including rules being changed, people not knowing the rules, and people trading other setups then the ones I am.

Todays Trading (Monday)

I only found 1 valid trade in ES and 6 with NQ.

As I often say, I did not record a number of possible trades due to the speed of the market making it improbable for an entry to occur.

I traded in Sim and was finished before the US market opened.

Trade 1 NQ – 20:09 am (Sunday)

The Long Entry was an HD (Hidden Divergence) and an NTX trend trade.

[IMG]

Potential Trades

Only one Valid trade found on ES.

NQ had 6 valid trades with only 1 loser. I did not include a few setups as the speed of the market would have prevented entry from occurring.

[IMG]

All Sim Trades (+$463.75 Net Profit)

You can see below all my Sim trades. A total of 10 trades.

1 trade setup was with the normal Apex Setups and 9 were with the new (AR1) setup.

3 trades were taken on ZB (30-year bonds) and 7 trades on NQ.

Trade number 9 was the only losing trade. The trade actually went to target after I moved the stop! This mistake was purely a mental moment on my behalf. It was interesting watching myself getting mentally stressed due the price movement at the time.

The advantage of the new AR1 setup is that it occurs more frequently in the current market.

[IMG]

Resources:

Tomorrow I will give you the details of the book I am currently reading and why I recommend it to all traders. “The Truth about Trading” by Judy Van Niekerk.

Disclaimer

Apex Sniper Trading Bootcamp – Challenge Countdown – 9 Days to go …

Today is Tuesday and only 9 days to go …

Review of where I am currently at:

As I have said previously, the markets have changed since I started this challenge. And they will continue to change.

My initial process to the challenge is one of:

• Study the course and setups and ask heaps of questions
  • Create a trading Plan which includes detailed information on the setups
  • Backtest the setups on a static chart until I am confident that they work and I know the rules
  • Run the Market Replay to test the setups and the execution of the trade
  • Sim Test to ensure the setups work in real time
  • Identify all potential trades for each instrument each day. Noting why to take the trade and more importantly why NOT to take the trade
  • When I have the confidence in the setups and the system then move to the assessment for the funded account
  • Note: Along the way reviewing myself and the suitability of the strategy.
. So, how does this relate to this Challenge?

Due to external factors, I have a couple of breaks in the challenge. Yes, life can get in the road of any journey. I believe that the important thing is to have the persistence to keep going and achieve my goal and keep learning.

Backtesting the Apex Setups

There are a number of ways to backtest a setup and most people don’t do any backtesting!

• The quickest and my preferred way is to code the setup and then run the setup over a number of in and out of samples. This would take too long to explain this process in this post. If you would like more information on this method then read Kevin Davey’s book. If you would like me to explain it more here then if there is enough interest I will.
As Apex uses Proprietary indicators, I could not use this method.

• Manually backtest bar by bar. This has many problems and they vary with each individual person and software. Some software allows you to cheat. Ninjatrader is good for manually backtesting and also with market replay process in built so you can vary the speed and pause it when you wan to.
  • When backtesting it is important to test in all market conditions
  • This is very time consuming but is critical to success.
The challenge with doing all the hard work with manual testing is that when the rules change or the market changes such that the results don’t work as expected. “As expected” not only means win/loss, but also frequency and time of day.

In this case the profitability of the Apex Setups are still very good but the frequency of the trades are reduced. Most days I can only find 1 or 2 valid trades in ES and around 5 with NQ.

Some people say that the number of trades. the MAE and MFE look great so therefore I should be trading live money. The reason this doesn’t make sense is in the further analysis of the time of day for the trades which currently occurs in pre market. The second problem arises when you look at the gap between the trades and factor in losing focus. If the time you have available to trade only has 4 trades and you miss 1 and make a mistake with another then the results doesn’t look so good.

Win 2 ( 2 x $50 = $100) – Commission

Lose 1 ( 1 x $105) – Commission

You do not have the opportunity to become profitable.

Remember to dig deep into the analysis and not just look at the win/loss stats.

This has been the biggest issue with the Apex Bootcamp Setups. The good thing about Apex Investing is they continue to improve and help people overcome the changing markets. That is why they have introduced the Simplicity Charts and some other setups.

The main reason I have not embraced the Simplicity charts is that it hard to backtest the methodology unless you purchase an extra data feed.

I have chosen to use the current setups and a couple of new ones.

If I had not done the hard work with backtesting and the daily review of potential trades, then I would not understand the issues that I am currently observing.

Today is another Sim day and after reviewing my trades, tomorrow I will move to take trades in the Leeloo evaluation Account.

Todays Trading (Tuesday)

I did not record a number of possible trades due to the speed of the market making it improbable for entry to occur.

Potential ES Trades

Five Valid trades (Old Setups) found on ES . Only 1 losing trade.

Seven Valid trades were identified with the new setup.

I sim traded 2 ES trades resulting in 1 win and 1 loss.

[IMG]

Potential NQ Trades

Twelve Valid trades (Old Setups) found on NQ. No 1 losing trades.

Twenty-Two Valid trades were identified with the new setup. 2 losing trades.

I sim traded 6 NQ trades resulting in all winners.

[IMG]

All Sim Trades (+$388.75 Net Profit)

You can see below all my Sim trades. A total of 10 trades.

3 trade setups were with the normal Apex Setups and 7 were with the new (AR1) setup.

1 trade were taken on ZB (30 year bonds), 6 trades on NQ and 2 trades on ES.

The advantage with the new AR1 setup is that it occurs more frequently in the current market.

[IMG]

Resources:

Tomorrow I will give you the details on the book I am currently reading and why I recommend it to all traders. “The Truth about Trading” by Judy Van Niekerk.

Disclaimer

Apex Sniper Trading Bootcamp – Challenge Countdown – 8 Days to go …

Wednesday and only 8 days to go.

• Reviewed the new trade setups and the results they appear to be getting.
  • Sim traded
Some of the new setups look really good:

I wrote yesterday that the frequency of trades is important in your evaluations. You need a sufficient number of valid trades to allow you to recover from any loses.

The AR1 setup is providing plenty of valid setups to allow you to recover from any trades and also allow you to be very selective in which trade you actually take.

Between 8:00 pm Tuesday and 8:30 am Wednesday, NQ had 35 valid AR1 trades. When the market opened the speed of the market was so fast it would have made it improbable for an entry to occur.

The following chart shows a number of valid and invalid AR1 setups. The software plots an arrow ( Yellow – Long and Magenta – Short) on the setup bar.

[IMG]

Potential Trades

The following list is of Potential trades for NQ between 8:00 pm Tuesday and 8:30 am Wednesday. Plenty of opportunities.

[IMG]

All Sim Trades (+$88.75 Net Profit)

You can see below all my Sim trades. A total of 4 trades using the AR1 Setup.

I made a mistake on the last trade due to being disturbed just before I noticed the setup. I lost my focus when I entered the trade and entered short instead of long!! The trade immediately went to profit leaving me with a loss.

My Sim results for this week (3 days) a Net profit of +$941.25.

I mentioned yesterday that I would be trading the Leeloo funded evaluation account but I did not as I was going to use that account from 9 am. The markets were very fast so I did not trade.

[IMG]

Resources:

The book I suggested that everyone reads is called “The Truth about Trading” by Judy Van Niekerk.

The book approaches trading from a different approach to most other books. It approaches Trading from the point that trading is a tool to help you achieve your goals.

It takes you through the process form having the right mindset to developing your trading plan and much more.

The book is written by Judy Van Niekerk who, with her husband created the Tribe of Traders. They teach their trades everything in the book and also how to trade with their systems. They are forex trades and use their processes to show the practical application of what is in the book. This book is not just for Forex traders.

If you are interested in reading this book then it is only available from Judy and it is free if you pay the postage.

I am looking for the website address for the book and will post it tomorrow.

Disclaimer

Apex Sniper Trading Bootcamp – Challenge Countdown – 7 Days to go …

Thursday and only 7 days to go.

• Continued reviewing the setups with a focus on when Not to enter
  • Reviewed my trading plan
  • Traded premarket Sim and 1 trade in the Leeloo account.
Trading Plan:

Is your Trading Plan a working document?

Having a Trading Plan is important but most trading courses don’t teach how to make a trading plan into a working document. I regularly review and update my trading plan.

Some people consider just having your rules for the setups to be a trading plan. It is much more than that … it is your business plan which does include your Playbook for trade selection and execution.

I made a mistake yesterday where I entered a trade in the wrong direction. Does your trading plan have an action you would be required to do if you behaved the same as I did?

One trader I know, when he makes a mistake, he stops trading for the day. No live and No sim!

In my trading plan, I am required to review why I did what I did and develop a strategy to prevent that from occurring again. Also I must trade in sim for 3 trades before I am allowed to trade live.

Part of my review solution included not trading live if I have interruptions during that time.

Todays Trading

I initially traded in Sim as per my Trading Plan and then placed 1 trade in the Leeloo Evaluation account when I was interruption free. The market then went crazy and I did not trade again.

I am not posting the list of potential trades today as the list is getting large and my trust factor in the ability to enter the trades due to the speed of the market is questionable.

Sim Trades

I traded 7 sim trades with 6 winners. Total of +$260

ES Trade 1 – AR1 Win

[IMG]

NQ Trade 2 and 3 – AR1 Win

[IMG]

ZB (30 year Bonds) Trade 4 and 5 – AR1 Win

[IMG]

NQ Trade 6 – AR1 Loss

Stop hit!!!

[IMG]

NQ Trade 7 – AR1 Win

[IMG]

My Sim results for this week (4 days) a Net profit of +$1,201.25.

[IMG]

Leeloo Evaluation Trade

Only one trade was entered and it was profitable +$50 – commission

[IMG]

Resources: I have added the link (I do not have an affiliation with this company)

The book I suggested that everyone reads is called “The Truth about Trading” by Judy Van Niekerk.

The book approaches trading from a different approach to most other books. It approaches Trading from the point that trading is a tool to help you achieve your goals.

It takes you through the process form having the right mindset to developing your trading plan and much more.

The book is written by Judy Van Niekerk who, with her husband created the Tribe of Traders. They teach their trades everything in the book and also how to trade with their systems. They are forex trades and use their processes to show the practical application of what is in the book. This book is not just for Forex traders.

If you are interested in reading this book then it is only available from Judy and it is free if you pay the postage. Click on the following link:

https://trading.tribeoftraders.com/tat-free-book-main

Disclaimer

Apex Sniper Trading Bootcamp – Challenge Countdown – 6 Days to go …
Friday and only 6 days to go.
  • Traded 3 trades in the Leeloo Evaluation Account
  • Reviewed a number of videos on the Simplicity Chart
  • Sim traded Simplicity to see how it would work.
Todays Trading
The charts were crazy again today so my plan was to take 3 trades in the Leeloo Account and then do some testing in Sim.
I had watched a few of the Simplicity videos that Darrell had made and I wanted to see how practical it was to trade with the Simplicity methodology.

Again, I am not posting the list of potential trades today as the list is getting large and my trust factor in the ability of entering the trades due to the speed of the market is questionable.

Leeloo Evaluation Account Trades

I traded 3 trades with 3 winners. Total of +$150 – commission
All 3 trades went to profit very fast.

NQ Trade 1 – AR1 Win

2020-09-07_01-37-30.png

NQ Trade 2 – AR1 Win

2020-09-07_01-41-19.png

NQ Trade 3 – AR1 Win

2020-09-07_01-26-53.png

Overview of Leeloo Trades Today:

2020-09-07_01-13-37.png

Simplicity Testing Sim Trades:

As I am using the Trading Room Simplicity Chart, I didn’t have time to grab the image of the chart entries.

The following image is from my charts which don’t have the 2 indicators that the Simplicity chart is based on. My chart will give you an idea of the action of the 30 sec chart.

The chart shows my 3rd trade.

2020-09-07_01-48-18.png

My results for my 4 trades can be seen below. I was trading the NQ and the risk was higher then I would normally use.
Best trade was a profit of $440 and the worst was -$330. Ended up 4 trades with +$385 profit.

It sure looks like it is worth exploring further.

2020-09-07_01-54-44.png

Resources: I have added the link (I do not have an affiliation with this company)

If you are interested in reading this book then it is only available from Judy and it is free if you pay the postage. Click on the following link:

Disclaimer

Apex Sniper Trading Bootcamp – Challenge Countdown – 6 Days to go …

5 Days to go and another wild market day

• Continued to review the Simplicity Trade setup
  • Traded 3 trades in the Leeloo Evaluation Account
  • Sim traded 2 Simplicity trades.
Todays Trading

The charts were crazy again today so my plan was to take 3 trades in the Leeloo Account and then do some testing in Sim. The trade setups were coming but were finished before I could enter. I did manage to take 3 trades.

Again, I am not posting the list of potential trades today as the list is getting large and my trust factor in the ability to enter the trades due to the speed of the market is questionable.

I traded 3 trades (2 NQ and 1 ES) with 3 winners. Total of +$185 Net

All 3 trades went to profit very fast.

NQ Trade 1 – AR1 Win +$45 Net

[IMG]

NQ Trade 2 – AR1 Win +$45 Net

[IMG]

Trade 3 ES – DTX Win + $95 Net

[IMG]

Overview of Leeloo Trades Today:

[IMG]

Simplicity Testing Sim Trades:

The following image is from my charts which don’t have the 2 indicators that the Simplicity chart is based on. My chart will give you an idea of the action of the 30 sec chart.

Trading the simplicity chart during fast markets is easier than the normal charts.

NQ Trade 1 – Simplicity Short Win +$305 Net

[IMG]

NQ Trade 2 – Simplicity Short Win +$195 Net

[IMG]

My results for my 2 trades can be seen below. I was trading the NQ and the risk was higher then I would normally use.

Best trade was a profit of $305. Total Profit +$500 Net

I will continue to practice the Simplicity Trade Setup

[IMG]

New resources will be added in the next post.

Disclaimer

Apex Sniper Trading Bootcamp – Challenge Countdown – 4 Days to go …

4 Days to go and another fast market day

• Watch a number of new videos from Apex
  • Traded only 1 trade in the Leeloo Evaluation Account
Apex Video’s

Apex is now focusing more on NT8, so they released a number of new videos on NT8. They will continue to support NT7.

There are a number of benefits to change to NT8. The increase in speed is a major benefit along with a number of charting benefits.

Todays Trading

The charts were fast again today so my plan was to take 3 trades in the Leeloo Account and then do some testing in Sim. The plan changed as the number of Sniper setups were limited, so I tested one Simplicity Trade in the Leeloo Account.

The simplicity trade was profitable but I was being super cautious, so when the market appeared to be stalling I took profit. You can see the result in the chart below. Also, I marked what would have happened if I followed the rules. The test proved successful for what I wanted and it was good to see the potential result.

I was not in tune with the market and missed a few trades, mostly Simplicity Trades. I stopped trading so I could get back in sync.

Again, I am not posting the list of potential trades today as the list is getting large and my trust factor in the ability to enter the trades due to the speed of the market is questionable.

I traded 1 trades (NQ Simplicity), 1 winner. Total of +$80 Net

The potential of the trade was 44.50 x 5 = $222.50 – commission

NQ Simplicity Trade 1

[IMG]

Overview of Leeloo Trade Today:

[IMG]

Resources:

Do you treat your trading as a Business?

Do you review your trades each day?

Do you review why you didn’t take or why you missed a trade?

I stopped trading today because I asked myself those questions.

Mandi Pour Rafsendjani from https://www.highperformancetrading.com.au/ published a free document for planning at the start of 2020. It is worth reading and asking yourself the questions.

The pdf can be downloaded at:

https://www.highperformancetrading....ce-Trader-Performance-Improvement-Planner.pdf

Disclaimer

Apex Sniper Trading Bootcamp – Challenge Countdown – 3 Days to go …

3 Days to go and another fast market day

• Traded only 1 trades in the Leeloo Evaluation Account
Final Days of Challenge

It is now getting close to the time for a review of the first challenge and decide what to do next!

Over the weekend I will review the Apex Investing experience and make a decision as to what next …

I would love some ideas … so please leave me a comment.

My initial options are:

• Continue trading with Apex for another month to see if I can get funded
  • Start a new 90-day challenge with another company
Simplicity Trading

The change over to NT8 created a problem with the Simplicity chart being behind the real-time. This was fixed during the day session.

I see a lot of potential with the Simplicity chart trades, and it just takes a little time to have the confidence with the trades with the increased volatility of the market. It is also time to rollover to the new contract. I will roll over based on the volume in the contracts.

I did not take any Simplicity trades due to the volatility.

Todays Trading

The charts were fast again today so I only placed 2 trades. One trade in NQ and one in ES. Both were profitable.

I traded 2 trades 2 winners. Total of +$140 Net

Trade 1 Long ES ODD and DTX Trade +$95 Net2

4a.png

Trade 2 Short NQ – AR1: Win + $45 Net

LWR_Recording-1.png

LWR_Recording.png

Resources:

Dr. Van Tharp has a

FREE Online Course on how to
TRANSFORM YOURSELF INTO A SUPER TRADER

https://tharptrading.com/transform-yourself-into-a-super-trader

Disclaimer

Apex Sniper Trading Bootcamp – Challenge Countdown – 2 Days to go …

2 Days to go …

• Listened to a great interview with Denis Shull – Performance Trading Coach
  • Traded only 3 trades in the Leeloo Evaluation Account
Podcast – Denis Shull

The character Wendy Rhoades, in the show Billions was based on the Performance Trading Coach, Denis Shull. Denise also wrote the book Market Mind Games.

If you are interested in listening to the interview click here:

http://www.alphamind.buzzsprout.com...-to-star-traders-and-investment-professionals

Todays Trading

The charts were fast again today. Three trades in NQ and all were profitable.

I traded 3 trades 3 winners. Total of +$135 Net

Trade 1 Long NQ AR1 Trade +$45 Net

T1.png

Trade 2 Short NQ – AR1: Win + $45 Net

Ta.png

Trade 3 Long NQ – AR1: Win + $45 Net

T2.png

overview.png

Resources: A short video …

Trading Psychology: How To Develop the Skill of Consistency

****************************​

Disclaimer

Apex Sniper Trading Bootcamp – Challenge Countdown – Last Day …

Last Day so time to review last day, review the challenge and decide where to from here …

• Traded only 2 trades in the Leeloo Evaluation Account
Todays Trading

I traded pre US market open and stopped as the market was too fast to enter. Two trades in NQ and all were profitable.

I traded 2 trades 2 winners. Total of +$90 Net

Trade 1 Long NQ AR1 Trade +$45 Net

L1.png

Trade 2 Long NQ – AR1: Win + $45 Net

L2.png

LOver.png

The first 90 Day Challenge:

Tomorrow I will post my review of the first 90-day Challenge and what I will do next …

Disclaimer