My Own February Challenge - 1,500 pips in Profits

TheLastBear

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share my own February challenge with everyone. My goal is to earn 1,500 pips this month. I closed out January with 1,302 pips and try to better my results. Before anyone comments and claims pips do not matter and have those crazy examples of how you can have positive pips but record losses let me give some more details.

I always use the same amount of lots on all trades so there fore positive pips will translate into profits for the month. Once a week I will update this thread for anyone who is interested and for myself. I will report how many pips I was able to earn this week and the pips reported are net pips so there is no reason to ask how much I lost if I report positive pips.

I know I will enjoy my personal challenge and I welcome everyone who is interested to join my journey through the month of February. Feel free to comment on this thread as I invite a friendly discussion with m fellow forum members.

Other than showing off - what's the point of the exercise ? - If you're that concerned about such then tell your ' ...fellow forum members...' show how you gain pips - ie what's behind the pip gain because just showing/bragghing about pip gain alone doesn't help anyone. If (like me) you are not prepared to share your trading edge with the masses, either discuss elements of it, or otherwise post something useful, or quit bragging about the pip gain or your personal 'challenge' that does no-one else any good.

Is it just me or is anyone else fed up with folks posting up pip gains - I mean so what ?

Also in light of what I have written this is somewhat incidental - bt i's the 13th of Feb - we are 2 weeks into it - ie 50% of the way thru your 'February challenge.' I mean doesn't this just add to the pointless nature of the thread ?

Set yourself a March Challenge - post something useful or that might generate discussion that could prove such to your ' fellow forum members.'

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share my own February challenge with everyone. My goal is to earn 1,500 pips this month. I closed out January with 1,302 pips and try to better my results. Before anyone comments and claims pips do not matter and have those crazy examples of how you can have positive pips but record losses let me give some more details.

I always use the same amount of lots on all trades so there fore positive pips will translate into profits for the month. Once a week I will update this thread for anyone who is interested and for myself. I will report how many pips I was able to earn this week and the pips reported are net pips so there is no reason to ask how much I lost if I report positive pips.

I know I will enjoy my personal challenge and I welcome everyone who is interested to join my journey through the month of February. Feel free to comment on this thread as I invite a friendly discussion with m fellow forum members.

Einsteinsconstantlulzloop.jpg

Other than showing off

It's not showing off. It's demonstrating what he can do. If more people is capable of demonstrating, I would have no need to check statements.

I think a lot of people here would fear he can achieve what he claims. Not me. I will be the first to applaud him if he achieves what he claims

I can never tell whether you really are that stupid or just a wind up ! - is that not showing off by any other name ? - ....well I suppose it is a question of context/intent ? If his intent is then to show us all how he did it - then good on in and it's not showing off - but I doubt that some how - and if he does release such intellectual property to an open forum then he's a mug as well. Even if he did - and it's true - his edge is his - it is likely tailored to meet his needs/tolerances/style/personality/preferences and anyone else trying to use it would likely encounter the dreaded ' profit gap ' (read Mark Douglas.) Assuming he won't - my question remains - how does it help anyone reading these forums to know that some one they will likely never see or meet can generate x pips/month, and they will always have no idea how he did it?

As for a lot fearing that he can achieve what he claims - likely most if agree-ing with whatI have written above would not care - I belong to that category....If someone can show me (and why should they gratis? - or at a fee I am willing to pay ) that they can generate a consistent week on week, month on month, year on year return on account (in % terms) within the metrics I require, above what I achieve with my own edge and in the same time I want to commit per trading session- then I'll all ears - but until then some bod showing off how many pips he makes in a random month from an unknown/un-revealed edge is pretty much a useless exercise...I can't be alone in that way of thinking? As for applauding or otherwise - I don't care one way or the other until the aforementioned is satisfied - but if anyone ever does - I will be the first.

It's not showing off. It's demonstrating what he can do. If more people is capable of demonstrating, I would have no need to check statements.

I think a lot of people here would fear he can achieve what he claims. Not me. I will be the first to applaud him if he achieves what he claims

Last edited:
Doh ! - I had forgotten about the Lulz value potential - lol apologies - I will gladly stand aside - let the entertainment commence - (or maye even something useful ?)

G/L

appeal to all the distractors and perpetrators.... please get out of the way from unlimited entertainment

I've got to agree with BBmac...show us how you did it !! (please !!!) Without this will make me for one feel a whole lot worse as it seems everyone else on these boards is raking it in and it's all so easy - so I'm obviously missing something and shall be writing to my old university and demanding the fees back.

No point in showing us how you did it,show us as you do it. so its simple,just call the trades as you take them and let us watch in amazement. All you need is an entrypoint and a stop and post as soon as you have taken the trade and not when its 10 pips to the good:) No doubt you will have some reason for not doing this and hence this thread will descend into chaos

I see that those few members who 'run' this forum don't appreciate this post. Thanks for the two or three who don't think it is as bad of a thread as the 'legendary members'.

Will I show my trading edge? No. Do I intend to brag? No. I wanted to invite a friendly discussion, but since the legendaries decided it is pointless to discuss this topic and think they know it all better I will neither update this post no attempt a similar post.

I have followed dozens of very active forums and I must say that this one is the most one sided, opinionated forum I have come across since a handful of legendary members decide what a valuable topic is and shut down anyone who disagrees.

Then the herd mentality sets in and all legendary members support that thought. I don't understand why those who do not like this thread or similar threads just don't stay out of the way.

Yes, let the entertainment begin. Ridiculous statements which show how narrow minded the legendaries are. This thread was not about showing off trades and profits or losses. It was about a challenge I had for myself only and I was hoping for a discussion from other traders. I did post this in the wrong forum and it is sad that T2W is closed to new thought, ideas and opinions.

Do you think that it is possible? It is true that this is a lofty goal to earn 1500 pips within one month. Nothing to say and hope for the best to you.

It is a bit of a challenge and I do not think I will accomplish it this month. I will not update this thread as the legendary members decided it is not one of their own. I like to challenge myself every month and set a goal I strive to reach.

I've got to agree with BBmac...show us how you did it !! (please !!!) Without this will make me for one feel a whole lot worse as it seems everyone else on these boards is raking it in and it's all so easy - so I'm obviously missing something and shall be writing to my old university and demanding the fees back.

It is by no means easy, but I will not update this thread and give the legendaries the laugh they want. I planned to update it with my trades as I execute them, but I will not bother. I understand the legendaries will claim they were right and I was hiding something and could not do it anyway etc. So be it, nothing to proof to a group of individuals who may have never traded themselves as far as I know.

So you can't make 1500 pips all because of those legendary members ? As the official trade and statement verifier here, I accept your explanation.