My journey towards consistency

I am trading off slightly higher timeframes than you GFT32 - mainly looking at 5M.
However even with that I am listening to a FX-squawk all day long.

I am not sure whether scalpers regard that as a necessary tool. Forexmospherian?

Certainly I was all glued up on the entire Yemen situation (and further developments as they happened through the morning) just by listening to it.

It costs me just £20 a month.

5m is quite close to 1 min chart...Never tried FX-squawk, what do they talk about?

Out of this trade... I wish I hold it all (not only 40%)... or even if I left it after the news... oh well...something to work on it when to exit...

Attachments

• 2015-03-26 13_58_08.png
    2015-03-26 13_58_08.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 121
The more I analyze the trendlines the more sense they make...

Yes on your example - after 12 51 pm it was buy time - and then after 1 51 pm it was sell time

TL's on small frame charts are great for 5 -20 + pips

On larger frames and major breaks - then a lot more pips - but the devil is in the detail and so you need to have the tick or 1 min for accuracy of very small pips

If you allow a 15 or even 30 pip stop on a 30 or 60 min chart - then even a 50+ pip move might only be a RR of 2 - and it might take over an hour

A 5 min stop and a 15 move in 5 -15 mins is a RR of 3 and if you lose its only 5 pips to find - not 15 or 30 to claw back

Have a look at MM's results for today - scalping and leaving trades on

Have a guess how many pips he totaled ??

Regards

F

Yes on your example - after 12 51 pm it was buy time - and then after 1 51 pm it was sell time

TL's on small frame charts are great for 5 -20 + pips

On larger frames and major breaks - then a lot more pips - but the devil is in the detail and so you need to have the tick or 1 min for accuracy of very small pips

If you allow a 15 or even 30 pip stop on a 30 or 60 min chart - then even a 50+ pip move might only be a RR of 2 - and it might take over an hour

A 5 min stop and a 15 move in 5 -15 mins is a RR of 3 and if you lose its only 5 pips to find - not 15 or 30 to claw back

Have a look at MM's results for today - scalping and leaving trades on

Have a guess how many pips he totaled ??

Regards

F

I've just looked at it... that's really good for MM, over 600 pips...I am very far away

I've just looked at it... that's really good for MM, over 600 pips...I am very far away

Step by step - and one day you will get there - its all possible - but takes time and study and getting it all together

Saying that in 13 yrs not many days I have had over 400+ pips and MM's not even 18 months on scalping and pyramiding and peeling

Step by step - and one day you will get there - its all possible - but takes time and study and getting it all together

Saying that in 13 yrs not many days I have had over 400+ pips and MM's not even 18 months on scalping and pyramiding and peeling

how is it possible to follow more than 1 pair at a time?

Seems MM have had trades on different pairs...Even you, you can comment on any pair....

I'll stick with EU till I am sorted, maybe GU as well

how is it possible to follow more than 1 pair at a time?

Seems MM have had trades on different pairs...Even you, you can comment on any pair....

I'll stick with EU till I am sorted, maybe GU as well

I spent nearly 3 years just on EU to get used to it

Only been on more than 3 pairs last 3 yrs- prior to that just 2 or 3 pairs

the EU is not always the easiest - some days the UJ and AU are nicer slower clearer PA

GU can be a bit of a beast - but by having 2 pairs in sync - it can help your decision making etc etc

I am sorry to ask a daft question - who is MM?

GFT32 - have emailed you the squawk details.

MM is Major Magnum - a trader I helped learn my method back in December 2013

He had already 18 -20 months of FX experience before trying my scalping method and using LRs and TW's and part stakes with stops in profit systems

It took him another 6 -8 months before he went live . Now been live over 6 months or so and soon might be at 2000 live trades

Last 3 months he's gone on to excel - after a difficult few months going live etc

Regards

F

Forgot to ask why do you mean by pyramiding? adding in you mean? or partial profit taking?

Forgot to ask why do you mean by pyramiding? adding in you mean? or partial profit taking?

There is a saying called PPND

ie Pyramid and Peel - but Never Dump

Pyramiding is adding to your original order - another order or more stake

Peeling is taking some of the stake off as it pullbacks / retraces

So if a scalp buy goes from say 10 pips to 100 pips over say 2 hrs you might add to order as price moves up every 3 or 5 pips and then take some off it it pulls back every 5 -10 pips etc etc

Its more advanced and really first part is getting the basic trades correct - before moving on to next stages of turning scalps into swing trades and longer etc