Close Rate 5930.15

Open time 7/25/2017 3:51 PM
Close Time 7/25/2017 3:57 PM

Stop loss: fixed stop below lowest low

Entry and exit on a 1m chart
NASDAQ_250717_Result.jpg

Reason of closure: trailing SL got hit

Comments
Move is not that big. Retracement was not that far off the S&R level but still 5 points so was a bit too much not to take the trade. I did use an order as to not waste additional "spread". Price went my way and I placed a trailing stop at the 5931.00 level after which price went up just a little more, after which it went down and triggered my trailing SL.

Preparation 08-08-2017 Yes a bit late, I have been on holiday again
NASDAQ_080817_Daily.jpg

No trade.

Preparation Weekly
NASDAQ_220817_Weekly.jpg

Preparation 22-08-2017
NASDAQ_220817_Daily.jpg

I don't have today's preparation on this pc. I will post it monday. I do have the result of the trade resulting from those preps.

Short NASDAQ-100

Net P/L: +18.65 points

Amount: 1 contract

Opening Rate 5858.65
Close Rate 5840.00

Open time 8/25/2017 4:17 PM
Close Time 8/25/2017 5:56 PM

Stop loss: fixed stop above highest high

25-08-2017Result.jpg

Comments
Trade continued after I left the pc so the data is not 100% complete, I do remember the S&R level I drew on the chart after which price reached I set a trailing SL which would get triggered at exit price. The actual profits of this trade were bigger but this would have been the result according to the system. Not a classic trade. After price hovered where it did from 15:55 until 16:40 price could have gone either way. If it went the other way it would have gotten me a loss of around 14 points.

Here is the preparation I still had to post of previous result

Preparation 25-08-2017
NASDAQ_250817_Daily.jpg

I am on a new project at a new client for my job since last week. So I'm being careful of not occupying myself too much with non work related things which sadly enough includes trading.(This is going to be a bit of a rant.)

I don't have a proper pc, don't have a user and don't have access to anything yet. So to keep myself busy in a productive way I have started reading some e-books about coding which are on the company wiki.Even then I got the comment from the team leader/scrum master that those readings aren't supposed to be done at work and that I haven't been really helpful yet. I was like W.T.F.... I fully agree I haven't been helpful yet, I don't have any of the tools needed and he is well aware of that. I asked him what he expects me to do then. He couldn't answer that question. Well STFU then. (I did not say the last part)

Please judge me based on the work I deliver (when the proper tools are available) and not on how I decide to fill in my time schedule (unless I don't meet a deadline, that's something else entirely). But I have the feeling the team lead is a rule nazi. It's a rule to do those readings at home and not during work hours, which I think perfectly makes sense. However, there are exceptions, I would be glad if a new employee who can't do anything yet is so interested in the topics of the company wiki and takes own initiative to start reading them.

This is exactly the kind of **** which is a huge demotivation for me. This is exactly the kind of **** that makes me want to trade for a living. That and the sometimes horrible commutes and long hours.

Also if he is already bitching about reading something work related when you can't work yet, then holy **** I won't possibly be able to trade when US market opens. I could find a way to get intraday data and run it through my program at home. Perfectly doable but that will only be paper trading then. When I want to go live with my method. I'd either need to be trading after I get home (not sure if many opportunities will present themselves during that time) or quit the job. I'd rather not do that when I haven't proven yet beyond a shadow of a doubt I can make enough and consistently money with trading.

If only I could work as a independant contractor already I'd be earning much more and just that could motivate me (having more capital when you go live is always good) But for reasons out of my control I still am a regular employee until end december.

Oh well, sometimes life sucks. I need to get through this pain period and find a way to commence my trading. Things usually do get better. Maybe if they see me being productive they won't bitch about looking at a trading screen after 4pm.

Well I'll be damned. I managed to get a trade in at work. The team leader left early so I decided to check up on the market for the first time in 12 days. I checked 1 hour after US market opened and there was an opportunity developing.

I don't have a visual screenshot of the daily preparation (and also no weekly or monthly) but I looked at the 5 min chart before trading and determined the level was at 6000.00.

Long NASDAQ-100

Net P/L: +7.30 points

Opening Rate 5994.85
Close Rate 6002.15

Open time 9/12/2017 5:09 PM
Close Time 9/12/2017 7:46 PM

Entry and exit on a 5m chart
12-09-2017Result.jpg

Comments
Big move so used the 5 min chart. Setup got triggered and I went long. Took a while for price to reach 6000.00 and when it did I put in a trailing SL. That took 5-10 mins to take me out with a good profit. As you can see I got out at exactly the right time. This is the big advantage of defining your levels up front. Price did not manage to push through 6000.00 properly. And IF it does, the trailing SL should not prevent me from making profit. Although you can get whipsawed.

Got a virtual trade. Was too late in actually taking it with my demo account but the pattern was so classical what I am looking for that I can be sure I would have traded it like I describe below. Again, no upfront preparation but the level is 5999.00 (without it or with keeping only the 6000.00 level profit would be much greater, but following the system of course)

Long NASDAQ-100

Net P/L: +7.50 points (actual 9 but counted spread)

Opening Rate 5979.00
Close Rate 5988.00

Open time 9/14/2017 3:45 PM
Close Time 9/14/2017 4:43 PM

14-09-2017Result.jpg

Comments
They don't come cleaner than this. Setup got triggered and resulted in a profit.
After I put my trailing SL and the level was reached price didn't move for a while. This is often a sign that it will continue to rise. If I ever need another system to take more trades, I could base it on this.

Again, due to work no preparation so I have to make the best of the situation and not draw actual lines to define the S&R levels. But I think I have enough experience meanwhile to do it without visual aids.

Long NASDAQ-100

Net P/L: +5.12 points (actual 7.12 but counted spread)

Opening Rate 5983.90
Close Rate 5991.02 (spread not counted)

Open time 9/19/2017 3:52 PM
Close Time 9/19/2017 4:31 PM

19-09-2017Result.jpg

Comments
Setup got triggered. Opened close to the 5985.00 level so didn't put a trailing stop loss as per the system. Price went up to 5992.00 so after that I put the trailing SL which got hit after price went to 5993.00 after which the trailing SL got hit at around 5991.00.

More and more I am convinced this system is good.

The "official" analysis still has to happen but I think I'm ready to take my system live. If I look at the stats in my demo account since februari, I have made a nice profit AND that includes losing error trades, a few big losing trades with my older (but very similar) system that under my new system I wouldn't take. But probably also a few winning ones that I wouldn't have taken... That's why I need to analyse it properly but I'm confident the results will be good.

I am also going to spend a day backtesting it on "old" data and if all is OK I'm going live with a 1000 euro account when I get my next paycheck. Not that I don't have enough money right now, but part of it is tied up in a company I just started and I'd also rather not touch my savings account.

When that happens I will continue to test a new idea for a strategy on my demo account (if I can find the time)... well since I have the tools now I better first start with backtesting that new strategy so I don't waste any time.

Edit: These are results with the horrible spread, that also will be better because I found myself a new broker.

Anxious to see what the future will bring.

Last edited:
Long NASDAQ-100

Net P/L: -20.95 points ERROR TRADE

Opening Rate 5904.6
Close Rate 5883.65

Open time 9/25/2017 4:07 PM
Close Time 9/25/2017 4:34 PM

25-09-2017Result.jpg

Reason of closure: SL got hit

Comments
I have a lot to talk about for a change. Big move down so was looking for my setup on the 5m chart. Setup got triggered so I went in long and price went my way right away.

Following is how things played in my head. I only could define the 5922.00 level at first so I was looking for some more close-by levels. I said that maybe at 5910.00 (where I drew the blue line) could be a level but I'd have to see at the moment itself if there would be one.

Eventually that moment came and I even acknowledged that there was a level ... but I didn't put a trailing SL ... I was at 5.3 points profit or something. I did not put a trailing SL because one of my rules is not to put one if you open near a resistance level. Somehow my mind had omitted the word "open".

Now this is not me justifying a losing trade as being an error (and even slightly profitable if I followed my system). I am very careful as to not play tricks on myself. I did acknowledge the level at 5910.00 before price went down.

Now, the reason I did not put one is 3 fold I think.
1) A lot of trades have been going good lately so I got greedy.
2) I am reading a trading book (just a story for fun, nothing too technical) and it happened to mention "let your profits run" a few times. I got influenced by that. I shouldn't have been but it is what it is. Not that it's bad advice, but I should have just followed my system.
3) Price was hanging around around 5910.00 and I noticed that when price stays put after a rally it will often continue going that way again. Now this may be true but that will be part of a totally different setup/system and has no place here.

It's been a long time since I had a bad trade like this, but when greed slips in, you start making mistakes (even though it is demo account, the feeling is the same because I want the system to work) . Not sure yet if I will count this trade. it's not the system so I shouldn't, then again, I probably will sooner or later also make a mistake with real money (probably more than less lol).

I guess I won't count it. I am testing the validity of my system. It is up to me to follow it. If I cannot follow a working system that is a totally different issue and will not be solved by another (or a modification of this) system.

Short NASDAQ-100

Net P/L: +5.67 points

Opening Rate 5922.65
Close Rate 5916.98

Open time 9/27/2017 4:06 PM
Close Time 9/27/2017 4:14 PM

Stop loss: fixed stop above highest high

27-09-2017Result.jpg

Comments
Big move so 5m chart. Other then 5910.00 I couldn't really define a level so I looked at the bigger scale and found a possible level at 5918.00 so when price reached that I put on a trailing SL which got hit. Looking at it now I probably shouldn't have and just trusted the 5910.00 level. Would have made for more profit. Perhaps the last trade was still in the back of my head.