my journal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't go to sleep yet. Watching the Sopranos, and starting to like this theme song:

Hey, The Sopranos is a masterpiece. It's the only series I ever watched. I think tv series suck, but in this case I have to make an exception. It's like one endless awesome movie. I am watching all of the episodes, one after the other.

Only one problem is: it keeps going from soft volume to high volume, with loud music and drums and it could give me problems with the neighbours.

Last edited:
This message is to Piker,
I am a serious forex trader who has tried to help Travis. But I am looking for some other people here who are serious about trading........

Never go back and look at the charts a second time

I must not check twice the charts. You look once, if you don't see anything good, you just close them and forget about them. If you look at the twice it means you're looking for a trade, and that's all coming from your trading addiction, not from your desire to make money.

Travis,
I am here to tell you that if you think you have an addiction, then you do. Understand??? I have heard you talk about your father and everyone else you blame your problems on........ You are a man and you must take responsibility for all of your actions. Do you really think all the successful traders blame everyone else for their success????????? Of course not only those who fail blame other people.. Learn this lesson well and succeed.........I want this for you very much.......

I can't do any more than this for you....... I hope to see you on the other side.......

I know you didn't like this........I know i didn't, it is truth and I feel that is what you need right now... You are a man and I am treating you as such.......Make your own way in life........You said you have been trading for 12 years and losing........ My advice to you is quit giving your money to other people...If you believe that you will fail then that is the truth.........If you believe that you will succeed then that is the truth as well......Please pick succeed........ It is up to you...

Yeah, thanks for the advice. I didn't like the multiple question marks, "???": it made me feel treated like an idiot. But I can tell that you are in good faith and didn't mean to offend me.

I didn't give you any multiple question marks. I was telling you in a nice way that everyone is responsible for his or her life and if you don't like it then you are responsible for the way your life is and you are the only one that can it...

G'day Travis,

OK, I know you're not keen on books and reading in general. Even so, I'm going to post here, as a bit of a commitment that I've received 3 books today (Amazon's service is excellent, they said they were going to deliver Jan 4!). The books are:

"Currency trading and intermarket analysis" by Ashraf Laidi
"Tools and tactics for the master day trader - battle tested techniques for day, swing and position traders" by Oliver Velez and Greg Capra
"Trading in the Zone" by Mark Douglas.

I'm telling you about it as a sort of commitment to get them read in short order. (It's like, because I've told you about them, and said I'm going to read them I'm now accountable to you for actually reading them etc.) So, if you don't mind, I'll share useful bits and impressions on the books as I come accross them as a sort of ongoing review of the books. Maybe/Hopefully it might be useful to other readers if I do that?

Absolutely, especially with this positive attitude of politeness and patience that some other readers do not share. Feel free to post anything you like and even make this journal your own journal. What I cannot stand is people treating me like an idiot and denying it.

The fact that I am unprofitable and that someone is profitable does not in any way entitle them to treat me like a (rude) professor might treat a student who doesn't do his homework or doesn't understand something. Besides, that professor would be an idiot himself by my book, for using such methods.

So, to those readers: show some respect, or don't even try to help me because it doesn't work and it just offends me.

You're the ****ing SEC compliance officer for Christ's sake

From "The Sopranos" > Season 2 > Episode 1 and The Sopranos - Family Values:
Several rungs down the organizational ladder, Christopher Moltisanti displays a contrasting set of flaws. If Junior suffers from poor moral judgment, vanity, and ignorance, Christopher's major vice is impulsiveness. Tony recognizes this. When Christopher accepts girlfriend Adriana's invitation to take off from the brokerage for the afternoon to go to the beach, things go badly wrong. His two office punks, Matthew Bevilaqua and Sean Gismonte, brutalize a broker and steal a Porsche Carrera from the parking lot of their own building. Later, Tony admonishes Christopher: "I been telling you to spend more time down at the brokerage. You're the ****ing SEC compliance officer for Christ's sake. You gotta exercise impulse control."

Another scene with the same character:

Last edited:
Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.

Face the facts of being what you are, for that is what changes what you are.
Soren Kierkegaard

;)

Ok, I liked it. That was respectful. It didn't have any "understand????" in it. It was a peaceful quote.

Once you label me you negate me.

People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.

Same person wrote about the concept of anxiety as an ufocused fear. An example of a man standing on the edge of a tall building or cliff. When the man looks over the edge, he experiences a focused fear of falling, but at the same time, the man feels a terrifying impulse to throw himself intentionally off the edge. That experience is anxiety or dread because of our complete freedom to choose to either throw oneself off or to stay put. The mere fact that one has the possibility and freedom to do something, even the most terrifying of possibilities, triggers immense feelings of dread. Haufniensis called this our "dizziness of freedom." Anxiety informs us of our choices, our self-awareness and personal responsibility, and brings us from a state of un-self-conscious immediacy to self-conscious reflection. An individual becomes truly aware of their potential through the experience of anxiety. So, anxiety may be a possibility for sin, but anxiety can also be a recognition or realization of one's true identity and freedoms.

Anyway, shall I go Ice - skating today?

Last edited:
Real Business Trading

Making Money from Stock Market – Tips for Beginners

Making money from stock markets requires trading in the stock market. Prudent buying, holding and selling of stocks generate profits and money. Stock trading is the function that interacts and organizes in the stock market.

For Better Queries Please See our

http://biznesssite.com

This market involves buying and selling of millions of shares all over the world, and generates profit. A share of this profit comes to the successful trader in the stock market. That is how s/he makes money from the stock market.

It is a mystery how this large a volume and value of trade is accommodated in the system of trading. These financial markets are marvels of technological capacity.
As a beginner, you must understand essentially how the market works. You don’t have to know all of the technicalities of buying and selling stocks.

The first and foremost you need to know is the functioning of the exchange floor, irrespective of whether you trade through the floor or electronically.

When the market opens, hundreds of people are seen fast moving about shouting and gesticulating to one another, staring at monitors, and entering data into terminals, or busy on cell-phones on the exchange floor. It looks like a complete fiasco.

However, by the time the end of the day approaches, the market has worked out all the trades, and is all set for the next day.

These are the steps in a simple trade on the exchange floor of any major Stock Exchange:
You instruct your broker to buy a number of shares of a company at the current market price.

The broker’s order department passes the order on to their floor clerk, the dealing official, in the exchange.

From this person it goes to one of the firm’s floor traders whose task it is to find another floor trader wanting to sell that number of shares of the company you wanted. Each floor trader has particular knowledge of which floor traders deal in what stocks.

The two come together on a price and seal the deal. The notification process moves backward along the line and your broker gets back to you with the final price. You receive the confirmation notice in the mail after a few days.

For the individual investor, you frequently can get almost instant confirmations on your trades, if that is important to you. It also facilitates further control of online investing by putting you one step closer to the market.

Beginners should avoid complicating things trying to get rich in a day by venturing into every nook and cranny without knowing a thing or two about them. There are many types of trading like day trading, swing trading, futures and so on. Instead of trying to do a little bit of everything, it is profitable to concentrate on a single type that is simple to understand for you.
To begin with, you need a broker to handle your trades – individuals don’t have access to the electronic markets. Your broker accesses the exchange network and the system finds a buyer or seller depending on your order. Choose the right broker rationally. This is a crucial point of money making from stocks.

You then need to anticipate the behavior of prices of stocks. Price is the immediate cost of a share and potential source of profits. And this price behavior is so dicey that it keeps everybody in the game quite excited. This is what generates the profits or losses that are made by investing in this market.

Don’t worry if you find it very difficult to infer the price, because it really is difficult. It is frequently seen to be irregularly moving all along the day. Yet there are patterns to be figured out and expectations work quite often.

Depend on your comprehension and your broker, who must be a professional. Never bypass understanding fully the cause(s) behind a bad result when it occurs. Learn from your experiences, document them, and keep reading them once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.