my journal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, thank god I got out this morning. Huge unexpected fall... back from work. Ready for my daily trade.

Plus today is Friday. We will go up on all these markets: ES, CL, EUR, GBP... huge rise approaching.

Half gambling, half system. Going long and getting out at next crossover. Can't waste this opportunity. But it's a trade outside the system. A bounce up is overdue on the EUR.

There would have been a short signal for me, a few minutes ago, but I am not taking a short signal in this highly oversold market.

My rules precisly state so:
1) time is 15.00 to 20.00 CET
1) it's your first discretionary trade today (you can't trade discretionary outside this system)
2) your entry and your take profit are >=10 ticks away from any pivot lines
3) you've looked at "correlated" chart (3 months to 1 hour): no LONG/SHORT if you think markets are highly OVERBOUGHT/OVERSOLD
4) the 225-period ma is in favor by > 10 ticks
5) the 15-period ma gets crossed by price (in favor) after being on the other side >= 4 minutes

Going LONG at next bullish fast ma crossover and staying long until ma gets recrossed. But at most 20 ticks stoploss. Partly a sniper system rules trade.

I went LONG but it's not a fully sniper trade (against slow ma, and therefore against the trend) so I am not entering any details. Besides, since this morning I am into semi-gambling mode.

By the way, the short signal that I skipped because I thought we were too oversold just provided the 20 ticks profit, not to me but to a hypothetical me who made the trade.

Ok, getting out of these positions as soon as it re-crosses or as soon as I make my takeprofit of 20 ticks (it was a partially sniper trade... a sniper who went into shooting rampage).

Got out for a bit over 100 profit. I should have gotten out at the top, but I didn't know it was the top.

I guess I could trade all day long and on any markets if I just follow my instincts and stayed within the fast moving average. I think I'll try that. If I end the day with an extra 1000 dollars, I'll do it every day, and screw the sniper system, which nonetheless taught some discipline by meaning to teach me absolute discipline.

Status
Not open for further replies.