my journal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making 50 dollars on the CL. EUR not tradable with my system.

Maybe gambling came about because I was losing 300 dollars on my ZN automated system trades.

FLAT: Got out of the gambling trade as I resumed control of my actions

Closed CL trade with 5 dollars GAIN. Maybe talking about it made me realize how badly I was behaving. Now I am flat again.

Hopefully will resist until the proper signal comes. Also I am upset because the goddamn maid cleans using a detergent that has such a strong smell, and doesn't get rid of that smell after cleaning. So upset about this whore...

Going short soon... the smell of the detergent is killing me. That slut... may she burn in hell... she wants to poison us.

Can't afford 2 contracts on the EUR because of the open (losing) positions on the ZN. Just 1 contract for today.

1) time is 15.00 to 20.00 CET
1) it's your first discretionary trade today (you can't trade discretionary outside this system)
2) your entry and your take profit are >=10 ticks away from any pivot lines
3) you've looked at "correlated" chart (3 months to 1 hour): can't go long/short if most correlated markets are heavily overbough/oversold
4) the 225-period ma is in favor by > 10 ticks
5) the 15-period ma gets crossed by price (in favor) after being on the other side >= 4 minutes

1) it's your first discretionary trade today (you can't trade discretionary outside this system)
3) you've looked at "correlated" chart (3 months to 1 hour): can't go long/short if most correlated markets are heavily overbough/oversold
5) the 15-period ma gets crossed by price (in favor) after being on the other side >= 4 minutes

See? CL went my way after all, but since I was gambling and not sniping, I exited at its first hesitation, because I wasn't confident. The same happens with everything in life I guess. You could be doing something right, but if you're not sure, you'll hesitate and you won't profit from it.

So you might as well not act unless you're positive about what you are doing.

Ok, the trend seems to be turning into LONG from being SHORT for the last few hours.

For the usual distances required (10 ticks from pivot lines and from the slow moving average) I won't be able to do anything for the next half an hour.

Ok, good thing: the CL is coming down, and at least I lost nothing on it because of my momentary gambling relapse.

The trade i'd feel comfortable with would be a LONG on the EUR, but if that happens I'll be losing money on the ZN, so I feel uncertain on what to hope. Yeah, because that's part of my job right now: I've got to do a lot of hoping and praying. It sucks: I gotta fix this as well.

Uncertain situation: I best look away from this for a few minutes and go smell some more detergent in the rest of the house. Luckily I have the habit of locking my door, so my room doesn't smell like this strong thing that she put all over the house. I'd fire her tomorrow, but I am not the one paying her.

The ES speaks quite clearly: it's going up. The CL, EUR and GBP are oversold. But who knows if today will be their last down day or their first up day?

I don't have any systems (yet) predicting several days in advance. So I should not do anything. Besides, even if I did something it would be 20 ticks trades, so why bother to worry about where we are on the daily? Yes, it will help my 20 ticks but it will also be a waste, because i still would have to follow where we are going, rather than where we should be going.

Last edited:
As a gambler, I'd go LONG on everything, but I'd be wiped out before the rise starts

In my gambling days, my temptation now would be to go long on everything, because it looks like it's about to go long (EUR, GBP, CL). But what could happen is that it went down for 6 more hours, before starting a huge rise. By the time it'd start, I'd be totally wiped out.

Modifying system

Changing system because markets can never be too oversold or overbought (I'll choose discretionally whether to enter or not, after looking at "correlated"):

3) you've looked at "correlated" chart (3 months to 1 hour)

Better make sure on "correlated" that this SHORT signal is not a false one. Have to make sure that the small rise going on now is not actually the start of a huge rise, because they are indeed all oversold.

Status
Not open for further replies.