My Journal - Pathways to Improvement

My results for today: -20.4 Net Pips.
Started the day very optimistic but turned out to be an awful day. Had enough of losses for today...no more trading.

Hi K

You have done the right thing

I can see you started off OK with a small win - but last 4 consecutive trades all small losses - wise to stop

When I have 3 consecutive losses - whether just minus 6 pips in total or even minus 15+ pips - i step back - have a minimum 30 mins out and away from the charts and either get a bit of fresh air or a cup of tea. I then just cherry pick my next scalp and either get stop in profit ASAP or just exit with 1 or 2 pips + to break the sequence etc

If I have another 4 + hrs plus of good trading left - I carry on - if its late in the day then I might stop all together if I am above target or in profit

Its swings and roundabouts - i can go 50 trades and not have 3 + in a row - and then have known me have 2 x 3 in a row losses in under 10 trades

But on my side - and I am sure you will have this in the future - i can have runs of consecutive wins - not had any over 30+ trades - but get many that last 15 to 25 trades - all consecutive winners.

I think Major M had a run over 40 + consecutive winners and have seen some lucky scalpers go well over 70 trades - with not one loss - even still with tight stops

I will spend some time next week again in the afternoon maybe 9 am to Midday your time on scalping the EU and UJ and other pairs you would prefer

Make sure you review each loss and see why - too tight a stop / wrong direction ? or just a false signal with a move of 3 or 4 pips that you enter and then it only goes another 1 or 2 pips and then reverses quickly before you can pull ??

Once you have worked out the reasons - you can look at adjusting and maybe choosing other key times or only cherry picking double or treble cross overs etc etc

Regards

F

Hi K

You have done the right thing

I can see you started off OK with a small win - but last 4 consecutive trades all small losses - wise to stop

When I have 3 consecutive losses - whether just minus 6 pips in total or even minus 15+ pips - i step back - have a minimum 30 mins out and away from the charts and either get a bit of fresh air or a cup of tea. I then just cherry pick my next scalp and either get stop in profit ASAP or just exit with 1 or 2 pips + to break the sequence etc

If I have another 4 + hrs plus of good trading left - I carry on - if its late in the day then I might stop all together if I am above target or in profit

Its swings and roundabouts - i can go 50 trades and not have 3 + in a row - and then have known me have 2 x 3 in a row losses in under 10 trades

But on my side - and I am sure you will have this in the future - i can have runs of consecutive wins - not had any over 30+ trades - but get many that last 15 to 25 trades - all consecutive winners.

I think Major M had a run over 40 + consecutive winners and have seen some lucky scalpers go well over 70 trades - with not one loss - even still with tight stops

I will spend some time next week again in the afternoon maybe 9 am to Midday your time on scalping the EU and UJ and other pairs you would prefer

Make sure you review each loss and see why - too tight a stop / wrong direction ? or just a false signal with a move of 3 or 4 pips that you enter and then it only goes another 1 or 2 pips and then reverses quickly before you can pull ??

Once you have worked out the reasons - you can look at adjusting and maybe choosing other key times or only cherry picking double or treble cross overs etc etc

Regards

F
Hi F,

Yes, it's wise to completely shift your attention away from the charts when there are string of losses.
I've been recording and analyzing my trades this week very diligently. It's a great learning aid. I can see my entries have improved, but I seem to continue cutting my trades too soon. Many good entries go for 10-20 pips easily, but I get 3-5 pips.:mad:
I definitively have to improve on my reading of the price structure to discern more accurately when to enter and when to wait.

Cheers,
K

Morning everybody I setup my chart with the said preference with my 9 LRs.
EURUSDM1.png

(y)(y)

Hi F,

Yes, it's wise to completely shift your attention away from the charts when there are string of losses.
I've been recording and analyzing my trades this week very diligently. It's a great learning aid. I can see my entries have improved, but I seem to continue cutting my trades too soon. Many good entries go for 10-20 pips easily, but I get 3-5 pips.:mad:
I definitively have to improve on my reading of the price structure to discern more accurately when to enter and when to wait.

Cheers,
K

Fear.

hey guys ...rome was not built in a day .............it takes years to get yourself and a good system that works for you aligned ........

an then you have to be able to do it day in day out ............and do it WELL !

a good strategy/system is not the end .....its just the beginning !!

so don't sweat it ...it will come if you persevere :cool:

if it was easy everyone would be successful as a trader .....and last time I looked the % winning consistently are small ..very small

N

Day 71

PL : 11
No of trade: 19
largest loss: 5.2
largest win: 4.5
Win rate: 74%

I could have earned more but net was slow..due to fluctuation some trade closed in less profit. Traded only EU in small steps.

Attachments

• 11-20-2015 S1.png
    11-20-2015 S1.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 154
My results for today: +10.3 Net Pips.
I played today with a partial take profits script and that's why the win% looks as it was a nice 77%, but the money outcome yields a -4.4 net pips. I have to play a bit more with it, but as R already mentioned, what actually matters is the money not the pips.

Nice weekend all,
Keen246

Attachments

• Result Nov 20.png
    Result Nov 20.png
    25.1 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Morning everybody I setup my chart with the said preference with my 9 LRs.
View attachment 206626

(y)(y)

Hi Sun

Now you are getting familiar with a chart with 9 LRs - what I am going to explain next to you will be confusing again for a start - but hopefully will make sense as you carry on progressing

For my method to work on-going - you need to be able to scalp so to understand how to time your trade entries and ideally get the best intraday prices possible to buy and sell. That part is coming along nicely.

Ideally though - you only sell at an intraday price high ( within 5 -7 pips of it ) and only buy at an intraday low ( again within 5 -7 pips off it)

When price is in between these levels - then sometimes you will not want to keep scalping either way for just 3 to 7 pip net - its OK if the range is over 50 - 80 pips but in ranges of just 10 -30 pips - then these are the areas that can cost you pips - as the movements can many times be just false set ups.

If you look at any 1 min chart on any pair over this last month on any day period - its very rare to just have one high price and one low price. Normally you might have three of even five plus LH's or HH's and similar numbers of LL's and HL's over a 12 hr session

As a scalper - you should trade with no bias in your head - ie even in strong down intraday trends - you can still have many 10 to 30 pip bounces back up during a 100 to 200 pip drop - but now the idea of the multi LR's is for you to be able to visualise the pairs movements over 1 or 6 hrs and therefore anticipate larger scalp moves in one of the two possible directions - based on a Scalp LiTs area that might be as tight as just 3 to 5 pips

A great example would be the EU on Friday 20th. 0700 was a minor support area - but key area was 0710 to 0715, Below those prices always favoured lower so in the back of your trading mindset you knew any scalp buys from 0660 or 85 or 0700 etc - needed to make over 0715+ really to have a chance of trying higher etc.

So over the course of the day from the Opens - if you took say 8 separate scalps on the EU over say 4 or 6 hrs plus - i would expect that you would have 5 or 6 as sells and only 2 or less as buys.

That's not to say you could have taken 8 scalps buys and still made a small profit on each one - but the fact is - there were more price fall movements then price rises

The EJ - EA and even the GA were easier pairs to trade on Friday - ie just by getting a sell on at a high price early on in the morning and leave on all day with a stop in profit that could be moved down as they started falling over 50 and 100 + pips.

If trading was this easy everyday - then instead of 80% + failing to get there - it would be 80% who would be successful - but as we know for every easy day per month - there will be three or more days that will be really hard work and test your skill and ability to frustration point

Even when you have all 9 LRs over price saying sell - or all under price saying buy - a strong S or R area can stop a move and reverse it.

But to assist you with that - we have our time rules as well as other clues you can find from trendlines etc to assist in TW's and around KT's

Now that you have the full LR set up - you should not need to take 30 -40 + individual scalp trades ( thats counting one entry per scalp - not on multi entries and part stakes - dont try overdoing that as it could be were you lose a few pips on small saclps ) - you should be able to easily make your target within 10 to 20 scalps - all depending on how many losses you have in your first 10 trades,

Even then - you could have your first 3 scalps - all losers with a net 14 pip loss and then your next 2 scalps are beauties making 18 pips on the first and 24 pips on the second - so with just 5 scalps you make your target.

Other days you only have 2 losses in first 10 trades - but your highest net win is 4 pips and average is 3 meaning with 2 losses you are still not at 25+ pips after 10 trades.

By cherry picking your pairs according to morning news and set ups - 15 scalps should easily make you over 40 pips - even with just a 60% win ratio and 6 losses - ie- on the 9 winners you should get a couple making over 15 pips - the others averaging say 6 pips - so wins - 72 pips and 6 losses of 30 pips = 42 pip net.

We will be weaning you away from chasing 3 to 5 pip scalps - nothing wrong with them - and yes you still take a 4 pip win rather than a 4 pip loss - but its the cherry picking part of catching the nice moves we need you on - rather than just coming out of a 5 pip win off a scalp sell - to see it move up 19 pips in next 9 mins and you are not in it.

That's the next part of this stage of the plan - stay focused and disciplined keep studying the price action and price structures every day and you will keep progressing - even on your live account.

Have a good week and i do hope to be around a few more hrs in the morning for part of the week -

Al the best

F

Morning Everybody,

Thank you F for the guide. I read it once. But think I need to read it few more times.
Some questions can arise in my mind. I will ask here.

Today I started late, because i was installing my old desktop. But taken few trades already. Example
11-23-2015A EU 1.png

I obviously got your main point. It's the improving the R/R. For that i need to know about strong S/R levels.

Next will be some questions. If I don't understand it.

Regards

Day 72

PL = -10
No of Trade: 18
Win rate: 50%
Largest win: 7.8
Largest loss: 6.2

Today I tried to hold some trade targeting 20+ pips. All failed.

1.png

Today EU was really in a nasty range.

I read it all & got it.
Sorry didn't applied it on today. But will be applying it from tomorrow.
I will be targeting to get 20 pips out of 10-15 trades. Will mark those intraday levels.

From tomorrow will start fresh.

Review

EU is still in the asian range. No wonder i had loosing day trading with it.
I mostly entered during the middle area & targeting the range high/low.

EURUSDM1.png

I read it all & got it.
Sorry didn't applied it on today. But will be applying it from tomorrow.
I will be targeting to get 20 pips out of 10-15 trades. Will mark those intraday levels.

From tomorrow will start fresh.

Hi Sun

Check out my comments on UCad this morning

It was a nice riser up to about 11 30 am - UK time - i sold it and then was happy with approx 32 pips

I left 30% partial stake on with stop in profit - and in last hr now its dropped in total 90 pips

Now - no way did I know it woud drop 50 or 70 or 90 pips - but with stops in profit or on trailing stop etc - you cannot go wrong

Please never have fixed targets

the market is dynamic and fluid and your targets have to be fluid

Yes try aiming for moves of 20+ pip etc - BUT

If price moves to 18 pips from entry - don't end up waiting and ending minus 5 pips or just a 5 pip profit - use partials and stay fluid and always take a profit if there is one there

Its a lesson I learnt years ago - never be frightened of taking profits - but try and leave 25 to 35% of stake on - many times than can make you more than a 5 or 10 pip scalp at 100% stakes.

In my case of UCad - 31/32 pips on 70% and 30% at 88 pips - so thats better than a 100% stake scalp at 55 pips - and no way would I have held 100% stake on that long

All part of the learning process

Regards

F

Hi Sun

Check out my comments on UCad this morning

It was a nice riser up to about 11 30 am - UK time - i sold it and then was happy with approx 32 pips

I left 30% partial stake on with stop in profit - and in last hr now its dropped in total 90 pips

Now - no way did I know it woud drop 50 or 70 or 90 pips - but with stops in profit or on trailing stop etc - you cannot go wrong

Please never have fixed targets

the market is dynamic and fluid and your targets have to be fluid

Yes try aiming for moves of 20+ pip etc - BUT

If price moves to 18 pips from entry - don't end up waiting and ending minus 5 pips or just a 5 pip profit - use partials and stay fluid and always take a profit if there is one there

Its a lesson I learnt years ago - never be frightened of taking profits - but try and leave 25 to 35% of stake on - many times than can make you more than a 5 or 10 pip scalp at 100% stakes.

In my case of UCad - 31/32 pips on 70% and 30% at 88 pips - so thats better than a 100% stake scalp at 55 pips - and no way would I have held 100% stake on that long

All part of the learning process

Regards

F

Currently I trade with micro lot so there is no option for partial stake. But yes trailing stop is available for that my trade needs to move at least 10 pips.

I will look into your cad trade.
Let see how I perform this week. With everything under control. I will be glad if I make 30 pips in one trade or even in a day.

Regards

Currently I trade with micro lot so there is no option for partial stake. But yes trailing stop is available for that my trade needs to move at least 10 pips.

I will look into your cad trade.
Let see how I perform this week. With everything under control. I will be glad if I make 30 pips in one trade or even in a day.

Regards

Hi Sun

Maybe what you do is use either 2 or 3 multi entries at the smallest micro lot - and then after say 5 or 7 or 10 pips - then just exit on 2 entries and leave 1 on

If you did it on 2 entries - make the first entry say double size of second and then when you take that off you will have approx 65%% off total stake and approx 33/ 35 % left on

If first entry makes you say 8 pips and the the smaller one goes on to make say 25 pips - in effect its the same as one entry with a gain at 100% of approx 16 pips - which is a decent size scalp.

I normally work on a basis of 3 lots or 6 lots - and then when I take approx 70% off - i either leave 1 or 2 lots on - and exit the main scalp with 2 or 4 lots.

Hope that make sense

Good luck this week - but remember all this part is new for you - so it may takes a few days or weeks to feel comfortable with it - but in between - just keep disciplined and you will be fine

(y)

Regards

F

Hi Sun

Maybe what you do is use either 2 or 3 multi entries at the smallest micro lot - and then after say 5 or 7 or 10 pips - then just exit on 2 entries and leave 1 on

If you did it on 2 entries - make the first entry say double size of second and then when you take that off you will have approx 65%% off total stake and approx 33/ 35 % left on

If first entry makes you say 8 pips and the the smaller one goes on to make say 25 pips - in effect its the same as one entry with a gain at 100% of approx 16 pips - which is a decent size scalp.

I normally work on a basis of 3 lots or 6 lots - and then when I take approx 70% off - i either leave 1 or 2 lots on - and exit the main scalp with 2 or 4 lots.

Hope that make sense

Good luck this week - but remember all this part is new for you - so it may takes a few days or weeks to feel comfortable with it - but in between - just keep disciplined and you will be fine

(y)

Regards

F

I like the idea...very reasonable for me. (y)

Thank you

Ps: Did some scalping on EU & recover some of my losses. As EU finally reach the asian session top...scalp sell.

I like the idea...very reasonable for me. (y)

Thank you

Ps: Did some scalping on EU & recover some of my losses. As EU finally reach the asian session top...scalp sell.

Hi Sun

That's good - but are you aware the EU is in a bullish Price structure above 0625 ??

All the best and see you around in the morning

Regards

F

Day 73

Done trading real.
Loss of -27.5
Largest loss: -5.7

I don't think i'm ready yet.

Obviously not giving up. Just withdrawing my funds. Hopefully will receive some rebates. I will start trading real after new year. During this time period.. I will try to control myself on any kind of manic trades. It's depressing though. But I have to do this. Didn't want to fail myself & F.

During this time...Following things I will try to do:
1. No multi lots...I need to gain 10 pips in single trade without any multi lots.
2. Need to keep 70% win rate at least for 10-15 days, consecutively.

If I able to do this..then there is a chance...otherwise.....I should leave trading fx.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    56 KB · Views: 120
  • 2.png
    2.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 102
Done trading real.
Loss of -27.5
Largest loss: -5.7

I don't think i'm ready yet.

Obviously not giving up. Just withdrawing my funds. Hopefully will receive some rebates. I will start trading real after new year. During this time period.. I will try to control myself on any kind of manic trades. It's depressing though. But I have to do this. Didn't want to fail myself & F.

During this time...Following things I will try to do:
1. No multi lots...I need to gain 10 pips in single trade without any multi lots.
2. Need to keep 70% win rate at least for 10-15 days, consecutively.

If I able to do this..then there is a chance...otherwise.....I should leave trading fx.

Thank you for your honest post

keep it up, you should not worry about failing, that will bring more pressure on you....trading live is different, mr Ego comes to town.....it does not matter how you trade, all good traders trade flawless and it takes time to get there.