My Journal - Pathways to Improvement

Last day results. Some wins are around 9 - 10 pips. Some losses around 5-7 pips. Mainly traded EJ & EU.

Hi Sun,
44 seems like a lot of trades for today?
Good luck and keep up your progress.

Hi Sun,

Actually its for the last day...full session. There some were multiple lots.
Today in morning..Made trade on EU & closed
9-25-2015 EU 1.png

Thanks.

Last day results. Some wins are around 9 - 10 pips. Some losses around 5-7 pips. Mainly traded EJ & EU.

Can't comment on f,s system but remember Uj and eu are very very similar in correlation........win both or lose both

If usd and yen are not correlating together you will be losing on at least one of the pairs

N

Hi Sun,

44is Nothing compared to my machine gun style :LOL:....

...if multiples then F won't be too bothered

Remember the trick is to get in early on moves and ride them.....if you are adding then only add with profits already in the bag ?:smart:

N

44is Nothing compared to my machine gun style :LOL:....

...if multiples then F won't be too bothered

Remember the trick is to get in early on moves and ride them.....if you are adding then only add with profits already in the bag ?:smart:

N

It wasn't about you, can you imagine :cheesy:

Day 37

Well today no more machine gun style.;)
Ending the day with only 17 trades.

PL: 15.1
No of Trades: 17
Win Rate: 64%
Largest Win: 7.5
Largest loss: 5.5

Happy Weekend my friends....

Attachments

• ST 1.png
    ST 1.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 86
Well done and a better profit
Keep up the good progress. (not you nvp) :D

Thank you NickBk...hope you are profiting as well.

Just finished watching Last Shift....weird horror movie...hope will not get any silly nightmare..:sleep:

GN

Day 38

PL: 9
No of Trades: 32
Win Rate: 56%
Largest Win: 7.7
Largest loss: 5.1

Today market tested my patience many times. I thought I will have a losing day. But finally did not.

Attachments

• ST 1.png
    ST 1.png
    72.8 KB · Views: 152
3 SMA System

Today I was studying the LR's. I was trying to understand the relationship between slower LR crossing zone & faster LR crossing zone. Faster LR shows cross over as soon as PA changes. But that doesn't mean the main trend has changed. It always run towards the Slower LR dipping zone. More wider the gap between LR's more stronger the trend is.

Hector Deville has 3 SMA system. I have the full video. It's helpful to understand the LR's.

9-29-2015 EURUSD 1.png

Day 39

PL: 15
No of Trades: 11
Win Rate: 81%
Largest Win: 4.7
Largest loss: 0.6

Hope everybody taken the EU current hour super cool move. Although I haven't taken the full shot..Scalped little.

9-29-2015 EU 2.png

Attachments

• ST 1.png
    ST 1.png
    22 KB · Views: 152
Day 40

PL: 4
No of Trades: 33
Win Rate: 57%
Largest Win: 6.6
Largest loss: 7.2

Today loss was above 5+ because of a sudden spike.
Next I will post my SWOT analysis under current situation. Hope when F will return, can help me out.

Attachments

• ST 1.png
    ST 1.png
    69.4 KB · Views: 118
S.w.o.t

Strength : Dynamic S/R levels & price patterns.

Weakness: Winning percentage is low, accuracy problem.

Opportunity:
An experienced & helpful mentor. ;)
Good Timing

Threat:

Early Exit ( but sometimes helpful, because sometimes holding trades more than 3+ pips creates problem)

Multiple trades at same area, enter more than 2-3 trades BUY/SELL manner in BITZ area or choppy zone. (Don't know how to avoid them in advance)

Regards

Hi Sun,
I’m also a committed student from F’s teachings. I’m following your thread to learn from your journey as well and I fully understand your ups and downs. I’m going through the same. I totally relate to the dichotomy of holding trades more than 3 pips….so hard most of the time to leave the trade or see your +3 pips becoming -3 in the blink of an eye.

It’s not clear to me whether you’re solely taking trades based on the fastest 3 LRs crossing or you also use PA to decide on entering or not? Do you enter randomly time wise or you enter around KTs?

I find that having a higher time frame PA (M3 for me) as reference helps me a lot to weed out poorly timed entries. I guess F will suggest that at a later stage.

Let’s keep on practicing and hope F is back soon.
Cheers,
Keen246

Hi Sun,
I’m also a committed student from F’s teachings. I’m following your thread to learn from your journey as well and I fully understand your ups and downs. I’m going through the same. I totally relate to the dichotomy of holding trades more than 3 pips….so hard most of the time to leave the trade or see your +3 pips becoming -3 in the blink of an eye.

It’s not clear to me whether you’re solely taking trades based on the fastest 3 LRs crossing or you also use PA to decide on entering or not? Do you enter randomly time wise or you enter around KTs?

I find that having a higher time frame PA (M3 for me) as reference helps me a lot to weed out poorly timed entries. I guess F will suggest that at a later stage.

Cheers,
Keen246

Hopefully tomorrow.
Good luck

Hi Sun,

Cheers,
Keen246

Hello Keen246,

Thank you for your post.

Now I use 4 LRs. I got both Slower LR crossing & Faster LR crossing plus I use S/R levels & PA with KT. It's not random. Sometimes market gives mixed tone & create choppy area, that place is the killer. Expanding triangles are risky pattern if not entered properly.

Yes reason why i see drop of winning rate is because of the holding trades more than 3 pips. But I guess that's the practice. Hope in later stage, i will improve there.

You suggestion is also nice.

Good luck you too.
Regards

Last edited:
Hopefully tomorrow.
Good luck

I think you will see f back around 5th / 6th oct

As you may know .....i'm not using F's system for scalping but certainly have used some of his techniques to improve my own performance......

These issues are all natural at this early stage of training .....F to address on his return......until most of the elements are being used together you will find frustrating losses a lot of the time .......such is life......scalping is damn hard......much harder than most trading so hang in there.....

I have transitioned into scalping over last 2 years after a lot of years in gambling and trading and it was quite an eye opener to me how long it took to get my ducks in a row....,,

Always plenty to learn in this business :smart:

N

Last edited:
I think you will see f back around 5th / 6th oct

As you may know .....i'm not using F's system for scalping but certainly have used some of his techniques to improve my own performance......

These issues are all natural at this early stage of training .....F to address on his return......until most of the elements are being used together you will find frustrating losses a lot of the time .......such is life......scalping is damn hard......much harder than most trading so hang in there.....

I have transitioned into scalping over last 2 years after a lot of years in gambling and trading and it was quite an eye opener to me how long it took to get my ducks in a row....,,

Always plenty to learn in this business :smart:

N

Interested to learn about the gambling part more, that would be very a great thread.

Day 41

PL: -8
No of Trades: 18
Win Rate: 50%
Largest Win: 8.1
Largest loss: 5.5

loosing day. Could have traded more, but been busy with guest.

Attachments

• ST 1.png
    ST 1.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 143
HI Sun11.
Hope you are still progressing well. While away I’ve been thinking about what may be the best next step for you and had this simple idea.
I would now suggest adding one more LR. Try 100. watch that, looking for multi crosses, one and ask yourself the following question: using this LR in combination with the ones I am already using, would I now be taking more trades or less trades?
I think if I were to begin all over again, I would not swamp myself with many lines at once.

Also, its worth me mentioning that I bear in mind the work of Daryl Guppy and Hull when I look at these lines.
Remember the lr are only a small part of constructing a price narrative

From what I have read so far, you have made a much better start of it than I did so would keep on the same approach. I’m sure F will agree when he returns that you progress is excellent. Also when i started, the environment was easier to learn in. I also think F will ask you for a statistics update on your first stages and would be impressed if you had kept up a 65 to 75% win rate and your best and worst days. I would aim for that 65/75% bracket over the next 100 trades ( which I hope are demo whilst trying out that new setting.) I’m sure you know you should keep sl size to 5/7 pips and targets from 3 to 15.