My FX Journal - 80% Fundamental 20% Technical

Tired this morning, I shouldn't have gone to bed at 2am. I see that euraud trade was worth 60 pips in the end. this morning EU PMI which might offer up a few pips opportunity. We also have Jackson Hole all day and that might produce something.

Did anyone make dosh off this. There was plenty to go around. Forexlive has significantly contributed towards my account growth. You can keep it running on the side or setup notifications which works well.

No...but I have made some coin on the political shenanigans in Aus, shorted ASX and the Aussie. Pathetic shower (n), can't get their noses out the trough and they are about the best paid in the world btw and the least educated if you can bear to listen in to a "debate" in Parliament.

Still holding some trades after adjusting stops to profit.Lets see what tomorrow brings....

No...but I have made some coin on the political shenanigans in Aus, shorted ASX and the Aussie. Pathetic shower (n), can't get their noses out the trough and they are about the best paid in the world btw and the least educated if you can bear to listen in to a "debate" in Parliament.

Still holding some trades after adjusting stops to profit.Lets see what tomorrow brings....

hey mate any chance you can throw some news articles my way so I can read about the specifics your mentioning. Are you aussie?

hey mate any chance you can throw some news articles my way so I can read about the specifics your mentioning. Are you aussie?

There is currently a leadership spill. PM likely to be deposed. If you google it you will have plenty of news.

From the fundamental viewpoint Aus has unstable Govts at leadership level. No PM has served a full term since about 2007. At the macro level bad for external investment and at micro the country lacks investment in infrastructure vs population growth due coalitions horsetrading policies and to porkbarrelling with constant general elections (every 3 yrs regardless).

Economy is distorted with resource led export predominant and a massive household debt level with very high income to house price levels. Currently the financial sector is under scrutiny with a Royal Commision for ripping off investors/borrowers and that is likely to result in a credit squeeze.

Investment from China and flogging resources to same has staved off recession, but China might have a credit squeeze and that could change.

The average Aussie is an expert in getting their welfare entitlements, the sports results, buying a shiny new ute ( on credit) but fairly clueless (I'm being polite) and
Xenophobic.

Yes, I am Aussie (among other things).

Last edited:
Don't want to derail FXX excellent thread but worth watching for a relief rally in ASX and AUD if someone like Julie Bishop/Scott Morrison (vs muppet Dutton) gets leadership of Liberal party in current turmoil.

That's the kind of trade I love to get on board with Swissy. As long as there aren't other threads taking pole position it should be worth a few pips for sure.

New Zealand trade balance for July -143m

expected -400m, prior -113m

Exports 5.35bn

expected 4.76bn, prior 4.91bn

Imports 5.49bn

expected 5.20bn, prior 5.02bn

A big beat on expectations. This is positive kiwi

New Zealand trade balance for July -143m

expected -400m, prior -113m

Exports 5.35bn

expected 4.76bn, prior 4.91bn

Imports 5.49bn

expected 5.20bn, prior 5.02bn

A big beat on expectations. This is positive kiwi
Made 10 pips off this over night. Not much but better than a loss.

Don't want to derail FXX excellent thread but worth watching for a relief rally in ASX and AUD if someone like Julie Bishop/Scott Morrison (vs muppet Dutton) gets leadership of Liberal party in current turmoil.
Looks like I missed it...

looking at shorting audusd off the back of a failed follow through of a relief rally last night on a new PM announcement. Added to that we have news of Fitch ratings agency today saying it make no difference to their assessment

Looks like I missed it...

Made a few.... bit muted though. My analysis was that Dutton was unpalatable for the voters and they would turn to a compromise candidate. No surprises really as most politicians down under are spineless reptiles.

Potential trade opportunity coming up with Core Durable Goods Orders m/m

expected is 0.5 but i suspect it might be higher with rumors of businesses front loading to avoid tariffs. We also have Powell later today doing a speech titled "Monetary Policy in a Changing Economy" which could also be market moving but also could be a dud but if he highlights additional risks not discussed in policy minutes or previous communications then we could see some action.

bit of a mixed bag of data. Durable orders down 1.7% m/m while the reading excluding transportation is up 0.2% - no trade

looking at shorting audusd off the back of a failed follow through of a relief rally last night on a new PM announcement. Added to that we have news of Fitch ratings agency today saying it make no difference to their assessment
Just an FYI that price reasserted itself against the USD so no trade.

Just took 25 pips from Powell speech. The significant piece was economy not showing signs of overheating and therefor reducing an additional hike expectations in December.

So it looks like I am going to move brokers again. I was looking at their rollovers and there is some dodgy dealings going on there. https://www.fxpro.co.uk/trading/calculators/swap

Take nzdusd as am example where US is 2% and NZD is 1.75%. A short position should earn and a long position should be paid. Not with FX Pro. Those @ssh0les seem to take a share of the rollover. While I do not really hold positions it leaves a bad taste that they are doing this so I am on the hunt for another broker.

Right, back to the thread and less pointless levels or assumptions where things are going. Feel free to start your own thread but don't come here and with that because I'll just close this thread and start a new one completely locked down which wouldn't be fair to others that want to participate in context to the thread.