My first three days of day-trading

sunkith

14 0
I just opened an account and started to focus on trading ES (E-mini S&P500 futures) three days ago.

I only traded 1 contract per trade. Here is my trading statistics.

Aug 24 8 win ; 1 lose realized profit $ 488;
Best trade +&516 worst trade -$191

Aug 25 11win ; 1 lose realized profit $ 584;
Best trade +$145 worst trade -$4

Aug 26 9 win : 1 lose realized profit $ 522.
Best trade +$145 worst trade -$29

I just trade by my gut feel. It seems it is so easy to make money and it only takes days to double my capital. Or is it because it is very easy to trade in the the past three days? Probably there are good days for day-traders as well as bad days ? I am so exited and nervous.

Any experienced ES trader can help me?

piggybridges

Established member
632 200
Im trying to learn to trade the ES at the moment,.

Your results are 10 times better than mine.
Can you call your trades in realtime in this thread? We can make it a 'realtime calls' thread for those trading the ES?

sunkith

14 0
I usually hold my position for 30 seconds -5 minutes. I have to focus on my trade after I place the order. I hope I will have as little distraction as possible, let alone sharing my trade in the thread.

I am not sure I am good. Because I can not tell if it is because of luck. Or , as I said, is it because the past three days are suitable for trading? What was your trading results these days, piggybridges?

sunkith

14 0
nice.. how can I get the analysis software?

sunkith

14 0
how many contracts per trade? It looks either you trade a lot amount or you hold for a long time

piggybridges

Established member
632 200
1 contract. Average time in market is 26.5 minutes.
Doesn't matter though. Im newish and not very good at trading, so dont worry about what I do!

sunkith

14 0
It's just the ninjatrader summary page in the control centre of the software.

Good for you! I am using Trader Workstation (TWS) from Interactive Brokers. I cannot find the similar report.

anton_baranovskiy

30 0
Good results for you, but if you don't have any trading plan and enter/exit points your results are just luck. Market isn't simple thing as many of us see at first. So usually paper trading show good results, but in real trading you will lose money. Work hard and try to find your strategy - you will be success.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock