My first software

eswap

HI everybody!
My first post ;)!
I have been learning as much as I could for the last months, and gave my first steps (and lost my first money :sneaky:).
I subcribed to InteractiveBrokers (IB) and start using their plattform, but realized that it is not good enough for analysis and automated trading.
I also realized that I should try to trade with automatic tools, as I can not be checking everything while I am in my ordinary work. Mi idea is to spend time in programming during weekends and release my scripts to work alone during the week.
I have been checking Amibroker (AB) and Tradestation (TS) but couldn't decide which one I should use.
I have beed reading some opinions along the web but couldn't get any conclusion.
As I am already an IB customer, I don't feel like moving again to a new broker like TS (you know, papers, time, money swifts,etc). I only would do so If TS is really the best option.
I have been wondering about using AB with IB, but read some possible troubles with data feedings. My questions are:
  1. Do AB and IB work together nicely?
  2. Can I send automatic orders from AB to IB and leave the system open and working while I am not in front of the computer?
  3. Would it be a good system for intraday trading or just for day by day?
  4. Would it be also OK for FX?
  5. Or, instead, would you recommend moving from IB to TS directly?
Thank you very much for your help!

PS: I don't work in IT but are good with computers and "DIY" programming...