Connect IB and TS with API?

leovirgo

Hi

I am trying to automate position sizing in IB for stocks trading. TS radar screen can provide ATR and position sizing but sometimes I find myself being slow in entering the details in IB TWS. So I wonder if I can automate position sizing from TS to TWS. Can anybody help me? I know that we can use Excel DDE but again I don't know how to calculate ATR in Excel with ticks data. many thanks..

Look on the IB forums for something appropriate. Off the top of my head maybe you could use Ninja trader in between IB and Tradestation. Alternative if you feel technically challenged use the TWS API to write something yourself :rolleyes:

hi im using ninja trader as a api via TWS on ib.

Does anyone know how i can basket trade more easily?........is there a basket trading facility on IB tWS?, If so i just can't see it. I want to open several positions with the click of a button without having to enter share size, market order etc. I want to put all info into the basket and just click to enter and click to get out if you know what i mean. Im using ninja at the moment as its the nearest i can get to fast execution, but i spoke to iraj and he seems to feel IB has this facilty already. As i say ive tried the hot keys and tried to global configure but it still requires too much time.

please help as the more stocks i can trade the further i reduce my risk of course but i must have the fastest execution possible, any ideas guys?

hi im using ninja trader as a api via TWS on ib.

Does anyone know how i can basket trade more easily?........is there a basket trading facility on IB tWS?, If so i just can't see it. I want to open several positions with the click of a button without having to enter share size, market order etc. I want to put all info into the basket and just click to enter and click to get out if you know what i mean. Im using ninja at the moment as its the nearest i can get to fast execution, but i spoke to iraj and he seems to feel IB has this facilty already. As i say ive tried the hot keys and tried to global configure but it still requires too much time.

please help as the more stocks i can trade the further i reduce my risk of course but i must have the fastest execution possible, any ideas guys?

Hi jayjay

Take a look at the following link:

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/software/pdfhighlights/PDF-BasketTrader.php?ib_entity=llc

This may help you.

Cheers
Steve